/mkg/ - Overpriced Korean Customs Edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/aT5Sr
pimpmykeyboard.com/key-cap-family-specs/
youtube.com/watch?v=YyoB9rEzOeY
pearlboards.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=d8hOaDGLop8
youtube.com/watch?v=mUFdgyYdxcI
youtu.be/YyoB9rEzOeY?t=12m14s
geekkeys.com/geekkeys-cyan-grey-dyesub-thick-pbt-full-keyset/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just asked on the last thread, doing it again for the new one. Relevant OP picture too.

Is there any seller on AliExpress where I can get a limited set of keycaps? I want some colorful thick PBT modifiers on Cherry profile for my TADA68. I like the stock keycaps, but they look a bit bland being all beige-ish/grey. The EnjoyPBT or NPKC CMYW sets are nice options which I'll probably go for if I can't find anything else, but I want something with more purple and blue tones instead of the yellow and green Fn and Shift. Finding the shorter 1.75u Shift is probably going to be a bit hard outside of that CMYW set I mentioned.

you mean like this
imgur.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/aT5Sr

Yes, those are the modifiers I mentioned. I like everything except the yellow Shifts and green Fn. I guess it might be easier to just pick up that set and then hunt for those keys separately.

Best type of switch ergonomically?

Go die in a fire.

You seem quite angry.

I don't think there's a right answer to this. Key switches are personal - everyone has their own preference based on how they type and what sort of functionality they're looking for.

I see this. I currently have a board with reds, which I like quite a bit. However, I have been interested in trying other switch types.
I figured there might be one that is better for your fingies than another, but I guess not.

just get mx clears and move on
most of the switches available are genuinely trash and only exist so people can identify with a switch and shill it for free
kind of like i'm doing with clears, b-but it's different when i do it t-trust me

>ergonomically
Unless you get something retarded like a 200g micro switch there is no such thing as an ergonomic switch. Now heavier switches do cause more fatigue, but these are on the factors of decagrams. You'll be fine with pretty much everything

Nah, it's really about how you feel when you type. Me for example, I'm a light typer, and I enjoy quickly clacking away on browns most of the time. Recently, I've switched to blues and I'm having a good time (minus some fatigue here and there.) Go to a store and try some different switches out, order one of those switch samplers, or just keep using reds if they're fine.

>order magicforce numpad on memedrop
>£20-25 or so
>it's out for delivery
>get a notice from my post office about customs
>like £4 customs
>fucking £8 "handling fee" added by the post office for all customs payments
>have to pay £12 to recieve my £20 meme
Then there's the fact that in the meantime there was another numpad with an extra F-row and PBT+POM doubleshots with non-retarded legends for about $6 more. Fuck's sake

10/10 I've been a 75% fag since 2012 when I got my noppoo. I'm also recently lusting after the SA caps but they're so hard to get. That's an insane board you've got there.

Just came by the post about how damn good cherry speed silvers are. I've owned keyboards with about 6 different switches and these are by far the best linear switch I've used and almost as good as gateron blues.

Thanks for the kind words user, I love 75% as well, I genuinely believe it's the ultimate general purpose layout.

That SA set is Godspeed, waited near a year on the kit being produced, hung around the market to get the ISO child kit and I still need to finish sniffing about the the TSAFox set to finally be done with this (1u mods, far right column on correct profile).

Not an expensive board by any means, it's an R1 KBD75, have it built with lubed and broken in Invyr Panda switches (I'm a linear fag).

I'm halfway through getting stuff together for the next build, I have a Tina case, a plate and a dz60 pcb. Thinking of buying some zealios and throwing plum on the board. Don't know how i feel about 60% though, I'll probably give it to my gf once it's built

if you want cheap SA keycaps then get the filco ones for like 60 bucks

newshit here. What is this style of keycaps called? I've seen them on some ancient computing equipment

read the replies

It's SA profile

pimpmykeyboard.com/key-cap-family-specs/

40% owners eternally btfo!!!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=YyoB9rEzOeY

fuck ortho

this gets my dick so hard

honestly if my child bought this keyboard I will kick them in the ribs
>no shift but theres a capslock
>no numbers
>likely cost >$150
what can you even do with this keyboard? write an essay but every time you need a capital you toggle capslock on and off? you cant even play most games because no numbers

You've never used a modifier on a keyboard? There's a function layer

i always use shift for capital letter and those that use caps locks for one letter are retarded the others that use it more than for 5 letters a sperking kids on the wrong board

>hidden music mode in the default firmware (6:15ish)
holy shit i had no idea i could do this

I want a silent mechanical keyboard and without numpad (I want the mouse to be closer to the main keys). What should I buy?

matias qc 75%

Are they any good? I was going to get an enjoypbt kana set for the noppoo in pic related since it has the correct size shift and I have a white space bar. I put the gray kana caps on it and it looked amazing except for the space.
I was also looking at the filco you mention or maxkey miami which I was going to put on a plum nano.

Same. I have a TKL but I have never needed any of the keys to the side of f12. And I hate that it makes my hands be further apart, I'm always readjusting the keyboard. The insanely smooth caps and nice switches keep me using the tkl.
The KBD is def. an expensive board. I thought my noppoo at $90 was expensive. KBD75 is probably worth it but I think I'd rather have topre.
Idk how you managed to wait a year for a set of keycaps. I don't know if I'll even be alive in a year, or housed, or have a computer. I pay for fucking DHL fast shipping on cheap chink shit im so impatient.
The Tina is nice. I was looking at one because I need a small and virtually silent keyboard for class but lost interest.

dude is that your keyboard? it's ridiculous, I love it. Why cant I just buy something like that? No I would have to suck some dick for the keycaps, then pay $150 for the aluminum, then import some botnet pcb from chinkland then learn to solder then put it together and hope i dont kill my cat with solder fumes.
Someone needs to just start massproducing actual nice boards

>Are they any good?
Well they are genuine SA keycaps made by the original creators Signature Plastics. But you won't find a 5.5 u space.
The only keycap sets I know that have a 5.5u space are XDA and DSA, but those are flat unlike SA

nah man it's not, it's a board i have on order in group buy status right now though

Here's the guys site
pearlboards.com/

All you need are switches, a keycap set, and an iron. You could even go holtites to avoid soldering if you get the right kind

>Budget
Up to $100, the cheaper the better.
>Location (continent at least)
Mexico
>Preferred switch type
Tactile, medium preferred
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%, I realized I just the numpad quite often.
>Backlight
Sure.
>Previous/current keyboards
Pic related.
I don't want anything wireless.

I would put them on the coolermaster and then put the caps that are on it right now on my magicforce. The filco is nice but in plain black and white it kind of looks like one of those kids keyboards with the huge letters. I think SA only looks good in at least two colors.
I'll keep it in mind for sure. I think I may just leave these on the coolermaster, buy a white alpha enjoypbt for the noppoo, put the black rainbow caps on my magicforce and then in the future, maybe when dolch maxkey is restocked put that on that the coolermaster and buy a plum for the gray caps.
Holy shit this fucking picture. I was going to do what I just described above but this has me sexually aroused. I would get it in cyan and then put a cyan gmk/enjoypbt set on it. Fuck it's so much money

I'm going to transplant godspeed onto mine, went cyan too

its a lot of money, but the way i look at it, it's money that'll bring me a lot more joy than earning that money did

There's also this, if we're talking too expensive, $480

youtube.com/watch?v=d8hOaDGLop8

Looks lovely though

>$480
pssshh that's small time. This numpad was close to 250 bucks

That's nice but it actually doesn't hold a candle to the one you linked last time. The caps he has there are nice though.
Do you have any GMK or enjoypbt keys? There is a gmk set on originitave for $150 that is gorgeous but enjoypbt is so much cheaper. Can't decide if the gmk is worth double the cost of enjoypbt.

redpill me on KB Paradise

>premium ABS
If you have access to a sandblaster then go for it

chink shit

got both, i prefer gmk to enjoypbt but really they're both really good

i generally prefer abs to pbt, which i think is the opposite of most posters here

KBP V60 with matias QC

How does lubing work?
I want to replicate this youtube.com/watch?v=mUFdgyYdxcI so I can type at full speed in class. Right now I use linear switches and type really lightly to make it the same loudness as membrane but lubed silent reds would let me type at full speed.

You don't
You get a silenced Topre instead

Pretty decent chinkshit

Reliable and with good prices. Although some people have had inconsistencies when buying keycap sets from them. They're decently well-known around here though - heck, they're the main source for tada68s - so it's not like they're random nobodies that will chink you out of your money and run.

Ducky One or Shine 6, assuming it's possible to get it in Mexico. Go for gateron browns.

you brush lube onto the moving parts of your switch, and smetimes on your springs, and stabs

i do it for feel and not noise

but really, get topre

This keyboard is like the HHKB and Planck had an autistic son

This is great

I'm thinking of buying an unicomp model M. Is it worth?

KBP is not KBD user

>Doesn't like ergo layout
>Can't touchtype
I appreciate his honesty, but why do a review at all when he disqualify his opinion at the start of the video. Solid Zealio review tho.

Why dont you eurocucks start buying on stores that lie about package values? Thats why I always buy on aliexpress instead of massdrop/mechanicalkeyboards/amazon, chinks fill $10 - dragon dildo on a $200 keyboard and customs dont give a single fuck.

Ohhhh I'm a retard.

>has numpad
>no F*
waaaaat the fuck

youtu.be/YyoB9rEzOeY?t=12m14s

tiz not true!!

wonder who is behind this keyboard

Cherry switches are garbage

Yes

Correct

Because it was a fucking $25 memepad. I'm surprised they charged customs at all.

There's also the problem of the post office charging twice as much as fucking customs. Plus it's privately owned so it's not like I'm paying my dues to my country (not like I find taxes pleasing or moral but at least it's justifiable), I'm literally lining some jew executive's pockets.

interesting set user, everything about it repulses me but i fuckin love it

What switches are on the bottom keyboard?

Teacher asked me to not type during lecture the other day, I was being an obnoxious ass for a while.

Self-made ergoclears.
So I guess technically still cherry parts, just only if you painstakingly modify each one. So cherry still a shit.

where is your model F, and wouldn't you already have your endgame by now? Or are those realforces as close as its gonna get

Right here along with my Realforce Hipro that I'm currently cleaning.

Now that I think about it, the F could use some cleaning too.

Do you need to cut the steel plate to do an ansi mod to the Model F?

No. The plate has holes for every key position that has a working sensor on the PCB. If you want to change layouts you just have to move hammers and stabilizers around. You'll probably have to buy keys and stabilizers from Unicomp. Hammers are harder to get your hands on since model M hammers aren't compatible. If you end up with the same or less total keys then you'll be fine, but if you increase the total number of keys it can be an issue.

You can actually do pretty stupid things with the layout. Any of the multi-wide/multi-high keys can be split up, and any adjacent keys (vertical or horizontal) can be combined into one.

>Repostan from last thread

geekkeys.com/geekkeys-cyan-grey-dyesub-thick-pbt-full-keyset/
Anyone here have experience with geekkeys? Are they just dyesubed gaterons? They seem high quality and the blank sets a fairly cheap.

Nice 92s, I believe I have the same grips

I don't really get why people recommend mx clears. The tactile bump is barely noticeable and they feel like a linear switch with some sand thrown in.

I don't know why people recommend any "tactile" cherry style switches

I think you're confusing them with browns.
Browns have a short and not very pronounced bump.
Clears have a bump that extends from the top to the actuation point (i.e. about halfway down). The only mainstream switch that's more tactile is Topre because the tactile bump goes almost all the way down.

>topre
>mainstream
LOL
Also topres aren't more tactile then clears

What are the best PBT Keycaps under $75? The cheaper the better. Only requirements is a 1.75u right shift.

>Also topres aren't more tactile then clears
But they are. Look at some force curve graphs.
It may feel like less because a Topre has a longer bump, but it's more tactile.

no it isn't. Clears have a much bigger delta then topres

No they don't. Clears peak at about 65g then go down to 50g after the bump.
Topres depend on the weighting, but it's a delta of 15g for 45gs and presumably more for 55g.

don't be stupid user

55g topre seems much more tactile to me. The tactile bump on clears almost disappears while typing fast but on topre you can still feel it.

Which one is bigger? :^)

Are you retarded? do you even know what tactile means.

Yes, it means that it has a bump when compared to a linear switch. You could have a switch with a purely increasing force curve and it could still be tactile.

Ah tat makes sense. You're stupid since that's not what the definition of tactile is

tell me user, are you an only child?

The topre meme needs to stop, no-one cares that you use overpriced rubber cups from Japan

That's not how you measure tactility. Its the sudden change in force that makes a switch more tactile, not the total distance the force is exerted over. Its also the same reason why buckling springs are more tactile then both.

why use some thing with out +10 keys ?
math just becomes a nightmare

Protip: you don't have to do math after you graduate highschool.

protip: if you like science and you want a good life you need math for all of your life

I just use them on another layer

>you suck at delta

pic real delta

Do you like me

you should be shot for trying so hard

Very happy with the vortex race 3 and dem blue switches.
Not too many not too few keys.
>b-but the pok3r is the real memeboard

As if I constantly think about key layouts and weird shortcuts when im used to one for 28 years, sure

so one of the keys in my ibm model m isnt activating unless i push down the key all the way, how should i fix it? the keyboard is boltmodded by the way.

Forgot that delta is whole surface under graph. Is getting late. That other user was way off.

thank you