Thinkpad

Thinking of buying a new laptop.
Old gen x1 carbons sell for about 300$-400$ on ebay (used). Do you think they worth the investment, considering their battery may be dying + the screen isnt full hd?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.lenovo.com/de/de/solutions/pd030267
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is there an actual point to not having fn and ctrl keys in the normal place? Fuck IBM tb h

wtf i hate thinkpads now

>nu-keyboard
>not full HD

the new keyboard is literally retarded

just fucking go to /tpg/ you retard

why do I never see you retards screaming at macbooks?

>old gen X1 carbon
literally no x1 carbon is worth a shit

original reason was to be able to find the key in the dark easily, the same reason the thinklight key is in the top right. means you can turn on the thinklight by pressing the keys in the opposite corners of the keyboard.

because we all know that macbooks are fucking shit, so we just don't speak of them

>nu-keyboard
Objectively better than the old one
>not full HD
Can be modded with 2K panels, fampai

>Objectively better than the old one
In terms of key feel, yes.
In terms of layout, it's fucking garbage.

I'd happily exchange a shit for a x1 carbon whatever gen or specs

Yeah they moved around some modifier keys, so what. Letter, symbols, and numbers are still there, and so are home/end/ins/del.

The battery WILL be dying at that point. Let's be clear.

>buying a thinkpad with no removable battery

the state of Sup Forums

>Yeah they moved around some modifier keys
They moved around more than just modifiers.
>and so are home/end/ins/del
No they aren't. They're still in the general top-right area but not in the good layout. They also moved pgup/pgdn, removed a couple keys from the topright area, and removed the menu key. Not that it was particularly important, but who the fuck wants printscreen between alt and ctrl? They also removed the back/forward keys.

The new keyboard rearranged a bunch of shit from an almost-perfect layout and removed a lot of keys. Why? For a bigger touchpad. A touchpad that anyone who uses the trackpoint just disables in the BIOS.

But it is.
support.lenovo.com/de/de/solutions/pd030267

What that dude said. No one here except the most retarded even thinks of buying applecuck. We actually don't mind stinkpads except for annoying shit like I mentioned

just ordered a thinkpad yoga 460 with i7 comes monday i'm hyped

You can swap the ctrl and Fn keys in bios, don't see a problem with it after a while I got used to its position and prefer it on the far left since I tend to misclick it when trying to hit the mod key/windows key.

nice choice user!

i was gonna get x1 but wanted the digitiser so i can draw hentai kek

>Buy Thinkpad 13 from some eBay seller
>"Grade B"- Looks basically brand new
>£380- about 2/3 of a brand new one
>Lowest end model- i3 with 4GB memory

>Less than a month later
>The fans turn into a jet engine when just running Chrome
>Sits at about 45-50c
>Screen has now started flickering on the right side which bizarrely stopped happening after a reboot
Am I just getting what I paid for, or are TP13s generally this shoddy?
I bought one because I needed a small laptop to travel with, and I thought Thinkpads were durable.

If you can live with a "ForcePad", the HP EliteBook 1040 is a cheaper alternative to the X1 Carbon. A 1040 G1 is about $150-200 cheaper than a X1 Carbon 2nd generation on eBay.

Ya you got fucked honestly on price you probably should have got a mid tier spec x260 for around that price if you shopped around and had a bit of patience. Also in the terms of reliability I have heard mixed reports but in my opinion you are better off the X/T series if you are looking for a travel laptop with some semblance of that classic Thinkpad durability.

Also check if your laptop still has a warranty(even if it is second hand) as from my experience they will address just about any problem.