High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):
Stable: profile=opengl-hq
Git: profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
Stable Portable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Stable Installer: bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mingw-w64-cmake/downloads/
Git Portable: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
Git Installer: bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mingw-w64-cmake/downloads/
Vapoursynth: jenkins.maeyanie.com/job/mpv/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mpv-player/ffmpeg-mpv
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/compile-windows.md
github.com/lachs0r/mingw-w64-cmake
github.com/shinchiro/mpv-winbuild-cmake
bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mingw-w64-cmake
haasn.xyz/posts/2017-10-05-how-to-benchmark-mpvs-raw-throughput.html
pastebin.com/g185gFEG
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mpv is good software

gpu-api=d3d11 gives me an error (texture could not be created) and terrible performance when I use video-sync=display-resample
judging by the stats it seems that it redraws the original frames instead of copying the ones already scaled, and scales them a second time(I may be wrong though, I understand very little about how it works)

I like MPV and all but what is the purpose of these threads

So you can post autism configs.

mpv is fucking garbage and provides no advantage over windows media player.

...did your mother raise you to be this rude?

>saged
Found the newfag madshi who doesn't realise sage does not work on Sup Forums and has not done for literally years now.

>being this autistic you can't detect basic satire

I have a few questions about screenshots. How can I change where they save, and can I make them include the filename like VLC does? I can't find any way to change things in Windows 10.

screenshot-template=/path/to/directory/%F

What about the name?

You can find all of that in the manual.

# Screenshot settings
screenshot-format=jpg
screenshot-jpeg-quality=100
screenshot-tag-colorspace=yes
screenshot-directory=C:\Users\me\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots
screenshot-template=C:\Users\me\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots\%F - %p
[\code]

I have no idea what VLC does but the "%F - %p" names the screen shot as file name minus the file extension followed by the point I the video the screenshot was taken in 00_00_00 format. It's in the manual if you need something different.

%F is the file name.

quicktime is better for mp4

mpv is better only if you use mkv shit

>quicktime
This still exists?

>quicktime
Nigga r u 4 real?

Thanks

The real question isn't why he's using QuickTime, it's why he's using m4.

*mp4

You don't get to pick and chooser container formats for JAV

>using gpu-hq shot my mem usage up to 677Mb

Yeah, fuck that placebo shit.

What's wrong with mp4?

Good point.

its kinda shit

>677Mb
The horror

Checking for Libav/FFmpeg library versions: ffmpeg-mpv not found
Unable to find development files for some of the required FFmpeg/Libav libraries. You need git master. For FFmpeg, the mpv fork, that might contain additional fixes and features is required. It is available on github.com/mpv-player/ffmpeg-mpv Aborting.

tried to compile on Windows using
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/DOCS/compile-windows.md
wat do?

use a real OS

did you compile ffmpeg-mpv?

Is there a way to make 4:3 videos automatically zoom to fit the whole screen (on full screen). I tried video-zoom but you have to do it by eye. Also, which is a great scaler/prescaler for low-quality/low-resolution videos. FSRCNNX looks to grainy.

>newfag
>literally years now
what did he mean by this?

>Also, which is a great scaler/prescaler for low-quality/low-resolution videos.

You can use scale=ravu-r4-rgb. Also try to do some deblocking to hide artefacts with vf=pp=ac.

sage still works it was just made invisible like nokosage was

Mistake. Just point to the shader with glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/ravu-r4-rgb.hook"

Thanks! Will try that.

Why use MPV instead of VLC?

Why use vlc instead of mpv?

panscan=1.0

Why use vlc or mpv instead of MPC-BE?

how do I do that on Windows 10?

Install Gentoo

should we start haans posting

Rorgocuck is the new Shinchicuck.
>Updates often as fuck
>Neat installer

Also since Shinchicuck loves Haasncuck, that's a reason to use Rorgocuck's build instead :^)

Is ravu still working on shinchiro's windows builds? I am getting "Pass has no hooked textures (will be ignored) - Error while parsing WHEN!" no matter wich API or ravu build I use.

Use the ones in the folder vulkan?

why are you like this

Friendly reminder than MPlayer is more than enough.

Bloat

VLC has been around longer
Ported to every platform including ChromeOS
Decodes everything

MPV is on a hipster .io domain
No official GUI
Configuration files
is a shit

why do the vlc devs want an mpv dev to make an mpv library for vlc?

doesn't mplayer predate vlc

Why should VLC lift a finger to support some new kit MPV hipster shit. If MPV wants to play with VLC, then they can develop the library.

Obviously

Are you ok?

bump

Friendly reminder that you can look at any mpv commit from the past five years to find something retarded in MPlayer that was fixed in mpv.

Friendly reminder that MPlayer's codecs.conf and w32codecs are unholy abominations, and that the sheer number of unholy abominations in MPlayer are why it's unmaintainable.

I dont know why people complain about "no GUI", I mean, I just double click the file in the file explorer and use the OSC/hotkeys to do adjustments if necessary

>No official GUI
I'm always happy to see that the retard filter is still working.

>gpu-api=d3d11 gives me an error (texture could not be created) and terrible performance when I use video-sync=display-resample
Post log.

>judging by the stats it seems that it redraws the original frames instead of copying the ones already scaled
Early version of ra_d3d11 did this, before it was merged. If you're using shinchiro's builds, make sure they're up to date.

bump

Msys2 is a slow as shit mess so just use either:
github.com/lachs0r/mingw-w64-cmake
(curently broken for me because of git packages failing)

github.com/shinchiro/mpv-winbuild-cmake
(also currently broken for me but updated often, does not use ffmpeg-mpv and has random patches that can leave you broken)

bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mingw-w64-cmake
(works perfectly fine for me but does not use git packages for the build deps and has snapshots of a few things, also does not support 32 bit builds at all)

VMWare Player is free so don't be put off by shitware like VirtualCocks.
Also you can use putty + pscp to interact with and move files from vm to windows machine easily.

When I use gpu-api=d3d11 it does not show anything on second page of stats. Is this a bug? Also, people used to measure performance between Vulkan and d3d11 with FPS values. How do they measure it?

haasn.xyz/posts/2017-10-05-how-to-benchmark-mpvs-raw-throughput.html

>When I use gpu-api=d3d11 it does not show anything on second page of stats.
Post log.

>Is this a bug?
Maybe. Timers are supposed to work with ra_d3d11.

Thanks.

pastebin.com/g185gFEG

>vo/direct3d
that's not d3d11

Yeah, that's what I expected. stats won't work on non-vo_gpu backends. You've fallen back to vo_direct3d (Direct3D 9) because your vo_gpu options are incorrect. Remove gpu-context=dxinterop from your config.

>Remove gpu-context=dxinterop from your config.
It works now thanks.

>Source of the issue was OP being a motherfucking Windows pleb retard that copies settings from other people without reading what they do

OY VEY

Just encountered a series of files mpv won't open immediately. Opened the file info in (superior) MPC:

Video: HEVC 1920x1080 23.976fps [V: hevc main 10, yuv420p10le, 1920x1080 [default]]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo [A: Japanese [jpn] (aac lc, 48000 Hz, stereo) [default]]
Subtitle: Advanced SubStation Alpha [S: English Subtitles [eng] (ass) [default]]
Subtitle: UTF-8 [S: No subtitles]

Why might mpv be struggling with these files? Won't even open up. (Is it such an inferior media player?)

Where's the mpv.conf file located when using Windows? Haven't used this garbage OS in years, I have no idea where config files are.

Make a log.

Read the manual.

It tells you in OP where to find that info out.

Thanks, for some reason I thought the manual only covered linux. I'll try to be less retarded in the future.

hi everyone.

i was using bomi but it hasn't been updated for a long time so i decided to change. what media player do you guys recommend?

real player

thanks. i will look that.

it's not available on gnu+linux (i am using archlinux)

[ 0.419][v][cplayer] Running hook: ytdl_hook/on_preloaded
[ 0.419][v][cplayer] Run command: hook-ack, flags=0, args=[on_preloaded]
[ 0.422][f][cplayer] No video or audio streams selected.
[ 0.423][v][cplayer] finished playback, no audio or video data played (reason 4)

nani the fuck

Why not just mpv? There's no better alternative right now. Bomi was decent but even then you don't really need it. Just use a file manager and create shorcuts for different profiles

i want to use my mouse device.

Make a log you retard.

what about mpc-qt?

Now that Haasn no longer contributes to mpv, madshi has the free field to completely surpass mpv. Version 0.92.10 is going to make a mess of all these freetards.

>nani the fuck
Stick to VLC, ironic weeb normalfag.

I doubt he can make a comeback after igv surpassed NGU with FSRCNNX.

Can MPV work without python?

i wish there was a proper windows installer so i don't have to manually move it to program files

You dont have to move it. And there is an installer that sets file associations.

There is... it's in the OP.

Not him but if a program is on my PC and not in my "Portable" folder, I run it from program files.

Why not put it in your portable folder, then?

But its not required to be there for it to work. Thats just a preference which can be different for others.

FSRCNNX < NGU

Objectively false!

You have to work harder Madshi

>Haasn no longer contributes to mpv
what

The Portable folder is in the cloud (Google Drive) and, while yes it has unique software that I do not have installed, everything that has an installable counterpart (which includes the main pieces of software I use, foobar, LibreOffice, etc.) also has a home on my PC, should anything happen to the cloud folder so I won't be left without my main software. Also config files for specific systems can not be the smoothest transition should I only keep portable versions of software for which that is applicable.

Mad because an open source algorithm buried it in just a couple of months.

His last commit.

Is windows really that bad now?

>now

it's better than it used to be