Why are people still falling for this meme?

Why are people still falling for this meme?

It's been years and there's still no content for this meme resolution.

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2017/11/16/fcc-paves-way-for-4k-over-the-air-tv-broadcasting/
realorfake4k.com/
caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=11095&d2=5083&c=319
4ksamples.com/elysium-2013-2160p-1-minute-sample-footage/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because people think more pixels=better

It took me 30min to finally convinced my mom her 20mp phone camera was inferior to my pentax q.
She had a hard time grasping how a lower res pic was superior to her phone.

Wait for 8k.

I don't have a 4k display so have never looked into it: what content is there in 4k? I assume new movies and TV shows are being released on it for streaming, no?

I suppose I do have a 2k computer display I'm not really taking advantage of (watching things in 1080p max)

One word that is changing the world forever as we know it

"Virtual reality and augment reality"

>Virtual reality and augment reality"

still 5 - 10 years out from consumers, prob way more since Millienials can't do anything right.

i just googled "movies in 4k" and there actually are some. get your facts straight opee

>what content is there in 4k?

A few blurays are legit 4k but they're like $30 each.

Netflix has a few shows, but they're highly compressed crap.

Xbox One X can some 4k vidya but that's about it.

PS4 pro can do 4k vidya.

People don't anymore.

Now it's all about HDR.
Also no content but time to buy a new TV.

>checkerboard
>upscaled
true 4k on consoles won't be possible until gen 9

Anyone here watches Formula 1 in 4K?

Is there any real difference with 1080p?

Normies don't even understand resolution

Don't even know how many times I have to explain what 1080p and 4k actually mean

I download 4K movie rips all the time. Simply future proofing. I have the hardware to use 4K, just not the display

Just wait Late Majority.
Next year 4K start Early Adopters

there are 83 4K movies on AHD and 276 on PTP

>Xbox One X can some 4k
cant tell if meme , the xbox has a rx 480 lmfao

>no content
i'm not a content user

>still no content
go to youtube

>tfw fell for the 4k meme

>youtube
really?

old vidya games look really, really good. So far that's all I've noticed.

its different for a monitor the closer you are to the screen the more important high resolution is.

dumb frogposter

i have a ultrasharp 4k IPS its nice to game on

anyone who wants to know how to find 4k ultra HD movies on google, PM me

and you're scaling which is falling for the meme twice

Well if you think pedorapewood isn't giving you enough 4K movies then that's the only other option. Or you can start praising Mr. Pai.
engadget.com/2017/11/16/fcc-paves-way-for-4k-over-the-air-tv-broadcasting/

Anyone got some comparisons between regular blu-ray and 4k blu-ray releases? Dvdbeaver used to be fucking great, but they don't do full resolution screenshots for 4k..

you should know that some of the 4k blurays out there were made from 2k masters
which means that it was merely upscaled & colors were tuned and converted to hdr

Well, a proper review site would point this out as well. I have low expectations of such a site existing though..

realorfake4k.com/

We still need 4K TV's with ATSC 3.0 tuners and we still need channels to even use the technology.

5 years minimum.

I think in Korea they're already broadcasting in 4k OTA tv.

caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=11095&d2=5083&c=319

Barely any difference.

Don't need it built in as long as there are adapters/boxes for ATSC 3.0. And that will probably happen once ATSC 3.0 as a whole starts being used more.

t. 4k laptop user, don't watch much on but but play a bit of vidya, it's fucking beautiful

I have a 13" rMBP, so it'd benefit from 4k video, but when I see them for download they're invariably in HEVC (not H264), which I don't have hardware decoding for, so I assume the system will choke on it (plus down-scaling on top)

...found a 4k hevc sample here: 4ksamples.com/elysium-2013-2160p-1-minute-sample-footage/

How to check for dropped frames?

Hurp, I got about 3 fps in IINA, VLC froze, and Quicktime just noped.

I'm curious if anyone can play that video smoothly? It's only 24fps too!

When did hardware HECV become a thing?

I only dropped frames when open stats

Skylake does 4k HEVC

Kaby lake does 10bit 4k HEVC.

What resolution were you actually displaying at?

There's no such thing as a decoder card is there? (like a USB dongle)

USB is slow and high latency, Nvidia and AMD put good decode on new gen GPU.

Just curious whether it's possible to do HEVC on laptops that don't have it built into the CPU/GPU, short of an eGPU.

what do you mean?

What resolution was it up/down sampled to for display?

>4k is a meme
didn't people used to say this to HD, before? what's the major difference?

Because its not a meme. Its my desktop resolution and I'm using it since 2015. Games look 4x as sharp as FHD with native AA.

AA is redundant at 4k, right?

how do I check?

What is your monitor resolution?

No, this depends on the game / engine. It looks smoother. If you have the performance you still turn on AA, but if not, you can live without it, it will still look sharper and less flickering than 1080p without or low modes of AA.

3840x2160 like the screenshot

I watched Billy Lynns 4k remux aka the movie in 4k@60fps and holy fucking shit everything is so smooth and high quality.

It's so fucking beautiful. Screenlets don't know what they are missing out on.

Playing games in glorious 4k.
I have a vega.

Yes, there is content coming. I watched Planet Earth II in native 4K (BluRay rip ~60 Mbit/s) and it looks absolutely stunning. You can't compare Youtube 4K to BluRay bitrates.

4K is questionable, but HDR is fucking glorious, not sure when I should make the jump though. I'd be happy with a ~22" 2k computer display, but I really want HDR.

IShit phones can record 4k at 60fps, we are well into 4k adoption.

I'm waiting for oled or an equally good technology to be desktop monitor ready (no burn in) before falling for the HDR meme.

I was really tempted to buy an lg oled tv but it's fucking expensive and the burn in is real.

Does HDR IPS exist? (even if the contrast isn't as high as OLED)

>watching a shitty tax theft scheme for authoritarian countries and car manufacturers

It's like you hate real sports and competition.

Yeah but it uses a bunch of different backlights to control brightness in different monitor sections so it's kind of a hack.

Also, some VA panels are better than IPS panels now. IPS isn't high tier like it used to be 5 years ago.

I don't even know what VA is. Need to educate myself...

Types LCD panel

TN fast refresh,good contrast piece shit color, poor angle vision, use on cheap monitor and gaming monitor

IPS low refresh, bad contrast, expensive, good color, great angle vision, use on profesional monitors.

VA good contrast, close color to IPS,good refresh, medium price, use on medium price monitor BENQ build a lot, now start in monitor gaming.