Rpi3 + touchscreen + case : 160 USD

>Rpi3 + touchscreen + case : 160 USD
>Lenovo BT keyboard : 100 USD
>20000 mAh powerbank : 30 USD

In total around 300 USD with shipping and now I have a machine that can remote to my PC and work for ~30 hours and with a normal keyboard.

GPD pocket costs 500 USD, can't last for more than 7 hours and has shit keyboard.

What do you think?
A good solution for remote access on the go?

Thats retarded, you can get a x220 and a lot of spare batteries for cheaper wasting the same amount of space, the point of something like the GPD is to fit in your pockets.

I have x220 but it doesn't fit in my pockets.

I can combine 2 power cables into one but I don't want that because I want to be able to physically disconnecting the 7'' screen when I'm on HDMI.

>ARM

>disconnecting
disconnect

Who the fuck cares when I connect to my Desktop or a server via VNC?

If it runs VNC and SSH it can be an Android for all I care.

Anyone tried that case?

Should have bought one of the thousands of 7" chink atom tablets, they cost like 40 bucks

Chink tablets don't have full size HDMI, Ethernet and 4 USB ports

D O N G L E

O

N

G

L

E

Nor does the keyboard

you'd be able to have all that with usb-c dongles
(if the chink tablet had usb-c)

And how do you plan to use a USB hub and power the device at the same time?

I can get a smaller, foldable keyboard that fits in my pocket but I like to have a fullsize.
When I'm walking I can always use the touchscreen like I would on a phone.

Good luck moving comfortably with your wallet and keys too

How's that bluetooth keyboard treating you? Been thinking about getting one, but reviews are mixed.

This is what I did.
For $100 all together I had a table and accessories to access and use my computer anywhere.

I keep wallet and keys in my right pocket and if I need to put PI inside my jeans I would put it on the left.
I normally keep it in my jacket like normal people do.

>but reviews are mixed.
Why?
It just werks but you can't swap ctrl and Fn on linux without hacking.
I used a usb model previously but the microusb port broke off. No problems with the bluetooth model so far.

Connection is supposed to be flaky and battery life below normal (whatever that means).

I'm using the USB version right now :)

Have you considered a N900?

You can always buy a windows tablet with a keyboard. And you can put linux on that and for a lower price too. You wasted a lot of money for nothing. Also if you want to go barebones you can always SSH even with a simple android tablet. And you can use termux too.

>N900?
Anything below 7'' is basically unusable for any serious work.
Ever tired reading a PDF documentation on a 6'' E-reader? Exactly.

clean that screen you filthy hobo

But what about
a) 4 full size USB ports
b) a fucking 30 hour battery life

You can't charge a tablet and use the USB port at the same time.

Also, I'm sure Linux driver support is awesome on some random windows 10 tablet.

>The case costs 33 USD
>Shipping costs 33 USD
Are they fucking insane?

I read pdfs on my cellphone all the time.
What's wrong with reading on a small screen? You can scale the text to whatever is comfortable for your eyes.

>What's wrong with reading on a small screen?
Can't help you.
I need to take notes at the same time.
How about a spreadsheet? Won't this be a pain on a small screen?

idk why but i have a hard time reading stuff on bigger screens vs my phone. desktop monitor, tablet screen, i lose concentration easily and zone out but on my phone i can read quickly and rarely zone out

I will admit that taking notes while reading a PDF on the same mobile device at the same time is a pain.
Spreadsheets are just fine with some sort of Bluetooth input device. Using touch screen on spreadsheets is aggravating no matter the screen size in my experience.

Well you can find some that they do get charged and have a usb port available because they have both usb type A and micro usb. Also about the linux support you are kinda right but the rpi3 is so underpowered that its really worthless for any job other than ssh. So you get a relative better value for a better price and more portable too.

>but the rpi3 is so underpowered that its really worthless for any job other than ssh.

I'm shitposting on overclocked Raspberry pi 2 while watching youtube at the same time right now :^

well you have to do all sorts of hacks to get playback to work
with a windows tablet you can watch literally anything and do almost everything without hiccups
cmon you just wasted your money get over it

>well you have to do all sorts of hacks to get playback to work

It's 2017
It works fine with youtube in chromium or in omxplayergui

Pretty nice setup OP, personally I'd go with a smaller screen size and pocket keyboard although if you need to type a lot then the bigger keyboard makes sense

Don't listen to these Windows tablet fanboys, with a RPI3 you can switch your OS with the flip of a MicroSD card and carry as many as you need in a single case (well 5... but that's plenty)
The pi is an extremely versatile tool for the price

Lenovo should start selling foldable keyboards with trackpoints.

Also, try connecting to a full HD desktop on a 6 inch 800x600 screen. 7'' is optimal.

While it definitely looks cool to the average Sup Forums user, it's fuck impractical and looks retarded.

>remote access on the go
You really want to carry all those wires, and set up every time you want to use it in public?

I need one wire and I'm fine with it.
Will mount the battery on the tablet itself in the future.