/PCBG/ why am I the one making the thread you lazy fucks edt

Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g[Open]
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs i5 8600k if your CHAD
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

GPUs:
>Consider Vega if you have a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/wkb93F
pcpartpicker.com/list/bRhc2R
youtu.be/JmBF8SoDFz4?t=5m55s
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820313518
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/bjcM8d
pcpartpicker.com/list/gt7JYr
amazon.com/gp/product/B0761P6MC7/
amazon.ca/Logitech-Z533-MULTIMEDIA-SPEAKERS/dp/B011O613W2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511080349&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech Z533
amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-03G-P4-6162-KR/dp/B01KU2CIIY
komplett.se/product/891583/datorutrustning/bildskarm/bildskarmar/acer-27-led-g276hljbidx#
pcpartpicker.com/list/NpPptJ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Should I go for a ~$180 GTX 980 or a ~$300 GTX 1060? I'm think of the 980 for the price.

pcpartpicker.com/list/wkb93F
things are coming along, what are the odds of seeing any sales on that PSU or the HDD?
The HDD is $50ish after shipping.

Also I am somewhat concerned about the MOBO, I see negative reviews about faulty units with both this, the cheaper non pro and the full atx version despite otherwise good reviews, what do?

My PSU has some 2x3 black plugs/cables.
Two are missing a pin in corner, and one is missing two pins in opposite corners.
Does it matter which of these I plug where?

What's better for pushing 2 4k screens (8 1080p video instances at once): 1050ti or Firepro W4100

budget: $1000
purpose: gaming (only care about 60fps on everything at 1440p), linux vm for webdev, potentially audio production if i get back into it

trying to maximize value. how does this look? i have edited some of the prices based on going rates on ebay/leddit. am considering going up to a 1070 ($100 more)

pcpartpicker.com/list/bRhc2R

So does every gpu have coil whine or onlu shit ones? I really want a card without it even under high fps

Is it agreed that there is no reason to buy a vega 56 for my video game console?
youtu.be/JmBF8SoDFz4?t=5m55s

So i was playing on my new 1600x build all last night OCd at 4.0ghz just fine. Stress tested on Cinebench multiple times and it was stable with the ram OCd to 3200 too.

Boot up my computer today and the cpu is locked to 2.2ghz no matter what I do.

No idea what's happening. Is this a Ryzen meme, anyone know how to fix it?

Been gone from Sup Forums for a few months and GPUs are STILL expensive.

I will be buying this mobo soon. What's the point of 2 ethernet ports?

It's barely an upgrade. Not to mention consumes more watts and runs hotter.

Check bios.k

If you have to ask...
Router mainly
Or mesh network, or ring network.

Look at RAM

You people got me
I ordered a ryzen 7 1700

Is 3000mhz ram alright ? I do very small time 3d rendering but mostly game

3200cl14 is the way to go
newegg sells them

Reposting.

Anyone here use windows10 ltsb on their gayman PC?
Want to know if anyone's run into any compatibility issues after they disabled all of that bloat since I'm planning on it for my new build.

3000 is fine

For $20 to $40 the difference just doesn't make sense

all 3200cl14 are guarenteed Samsung B-dies which work best with ryzen

how'd i do

Do I plug the fan controller wire for my NZXT Kraken X62 into the CPU fan port on my motherboard or the pump fan port?

Is there a difference between the two?

>%CurrentYear%
>gtx780

my power supply (evga 850 p2) has an eco mode button, which turns the fan on only when above 45C
is this worth turning on? no idea what temp it's going to be at most of the time

it's from my 2013 build, same with the ssd

>Cases are complete fucking gook racer tier shit now

Like, fuck, we went from Corsair's Obsidian line to the shit that's pushed out now?

And don't even get me started on Phanteks.

CPU for the temps I think.

I hope RAM goes on sale at the end of the month. These current prices are jewish.

cpu, the pump fan port is for a custom loop

>listen to Sup Forums's advice on what case to buy
>open package
>has some huge piece of glass on the side
Can't wait to shatter this.

Thanks fella

What's the best monitor for 1080p, good colour reproduction and doesn't have a lot of display lag? I currently use a HDTV as my monitor so anything would be an upgrade.

there's a 16gig set on newegg for like $130

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820313518

when are ram prices going to go down so I don't have to sell my kidneys to buy 8 gigs of ram

why not get a job friend

Christ, you must have some really shitty kidneys.

Check OP pcpartpicker

Haha retard
Fell for the window meme

Heard about this problem. Clear CMOS, possibly by removing battery

>current year +2
>not putting your component into the Sup Forums approved shoebox

Should I just buy everything new to upgrade?

you get the point

keep the hard drive if you want
otherwise the rest is unnecessary

I have an AMD card so freesync would be nice but I'm not convinced on the curved meme since I want to do some digital art on it.

Do you guys think the reference Vegas will go down in price after the non reference versions come out? I bought a freesync monitor and within a week vega goes up over $100. Like what the fuck.

Is it worth it to go vega at all? Freesync monitors are waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper.

I copped a 1060 3gb SC for my 750ti, hope I'm not disappointed

pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/bjcM8d
>"entry level"

Will I regret buying a gtx 1080 over Vega a year from now?

>case has retarded psu "shroud"
>makes it huge pain to put mobo in
>can't remove it

fuck no, unless you're playing amdoom

Fuck blower cards if you need that now.
You can always wait™ for custom Vega.

has anyone used a DisplayPort to VGA adapter? The video card I'm using has a DVI port and a pair of display ports on it. Both of my monitors are VGA only. I'm already using a DVI to VGA adapter on it, but I need a second monitor now and the only option I have is a DisplayPort to VGA adapter for the second monitor. The problem is that it seems these things are hard wired to a specific resolution like 1920x1200 or 1080p. I need 1280x1024 and can't seem to find anything like that out of these things.

Anyone ever used one for something like this?

Will the stock cooler be enough for the ryzen 5 1600 if I plan to OC?

>4x2 8gb
Just buy 1 8gb stick.
You will want to upgrade later to 16 so you'll just get another 8gb stick.
If you buy the 4gb, you're going to have to sell them.

Is the Rx 570 worth 2x the price of Rx 560? I will be using it as an egpu on my laptop with i7 4700QM

If I'm unable to find m3 screws for my new SSD at my local store is duct tape and string fine?
How do I transfer os over(if SSD is big enough can I just copy paste everything?)

>Buy kit of RAM
>Vendor: Corsair (Samsung)
>Think it's B-Die
>Scroll down
>It's E-Die

Trying to mount the am4 x bracket conversion for a hyper 212. Is this thing suppose to be flimsy? I can't seem to get it to lock in place.

Wraith cooler is excellent, you should still get tolerable (sub 80c load) temps even while OCing.

Consider using the rear fan or side fan as an intake if you have a top down cooler in a tower config, though.

A 570 will have 32 compute units, a 580 has 36. A 560 has 12.

This wraith cooler was a bitch to screw on.
It came with thermal paste applued, if I took it for a second while installing it do I need to do the paste all over again?

I want to build a rig that performs these functions
>its a hackintosh
In a VM
>its a gaymen PC
In a VM, again
>its a NAS
In a VM, again.
I plan to run only two of this VMs at the same time. NAS always running and the others only firing when I need them (Because I want to do GPU and USB passthrought I can't/ don't want use them at the same time.
How many cores do you believe that I should need for that?
Could a Ryzen 7 1700 rig (with ECC ram of course) be sufficient?

pcpartpicker.com/list/gt7JYr

I've pulled the trigger on most of this, holding on the SSD's until I can fully parse M.2 drives being PCIE or SATA and which one to get. The WD 1tb on the list is mobo compatible and SATA, but a Samsung 950/960 EVO 250GB running on the PCIE Ultra M.2 slot as boot is pulling me.

Build is literally everything because my previous systems were lost in a fire and insurance has me covered on replacements, my last 'build' was an often upgraded sandy/ivy build with a Z77 mobo that went through probably 6 different GPU's as I climbed refresh rates and resolutions. By the end the 3570k was at 4.6ghz with a 1070. Finding a non-Gsync price raped ultrawide 1440p >60hz monitor was why I bumped up to the 1080ti. It's a saving grace, because I wouldn't want to stomach the 1080ti price jump just for 4k@60hz or the VR meme. Used 1600x, I trust AMD when they say Zen 2 will be AM4 still.

You should, pre-applied paste isn't always the best cooling paste anyway.

yo why the fuck is ram prices so fucking high

i remember like 5-6 years ago ddr3 got a spike too, but before that spike you could get two 8gb ram modules for like sub $90. why is this shit double? i thought ddr4 was going to be easier to produce and thus cost less?

My mobo has a diagram for pluggin led cable for cpu cooler but neither the cpu nor mobo seems to have the cable. Is hat some extra thing you have to buy?

Miners and Phone fags.

Manufacturer mafia says only so many will be made*

Yeah, but aside of coin mining, does it make sense to pair a 570 with a 4700MQ? I'll be playing games at 1080p/75hz anyway.

so after seeing a review about an ultrawide monitor and hearing them say that it's the first one to be the same size as 2 1440 27 inch monitors next to each other i have concluded that ultrawide is a bad meme and instead i will be getting two of amazon.com/gp/product/B0761P6MC7/ those along with a dual monitor arm is this the best idea? or should i look at a pair of some other monitor? please no downgrades to size or resolution if you make a suggestion

Since this is PC building general.. I have a question: Should I bother replacing the motherboard?

> have Gigabyte AX 370 Gaming 5
> turn computer off, walk out
> come back hours later, turn PC on
> except it doesn't turn on
> no lights on motherboard, no nothing, board just died while being off (or when turned off?) after about 4 months
> order same-day delivery ASUS B350 motherboard and RMA the Gigabyte board because who's got time to wait for that
> get brand new Gigabyte AX 370 Gaming 5 board one and a half week later

My PC works as of right now, replacing the motherboard would involve.. opening the case, taking out the GPU, taking off the cooler, cleaning the thermal paste, putting it all back together on a board that could just die in 4 months. I can do it but I'm just not sure it's worth all that trouble...

also: Gigabyte, what happened to you, you used to make good quality boards and now it's poor quality garbage at high-end prices with focus on LED lights and OI shield covers.

As I understand, you have two boards and only one computer?
Gigabyte still makes good boards, but every company has defects. It's a shame that they push lighting and in-your-face aesthetic, but only a couple boards don't do it at all.

If you're fine using B350, why did you buy an X370 board in the first place?
Sell the board, make a new system with it, or do whatever else you can think of.

Multiple reasons. Phones are the big volume item now and they have a lot more RAM than they used to . Servers still eat a lot of RAM, so the consumer desktop market tends to get whatever's left over after the big OEMs have had their fill. Price of raw silicon wafers (that literally every chip is made from) have gone up in price. Also more of them are being used for flash memory these days, as opposed to DRAM. And none of the major memory manufacturers are in a mood to cut prices to gain market share. This may be either explicit (they're colluding to raise prices), or implicit (they're all in a situation where they value high margins most, so none has an incentive to fight the others), or a combination of both.

It's not getting better, if you need RAM, don't put it off.

Not sure if I should blow my load on the zowie refurbished deal or hold out to see what happens.
A XL2730 for $329 seems pretty sweet.

uhm, perhaps my post was a bit unclear.

I bought a Gigabyte AX 370 Gaming 5. It died after 4 months. I bought a immediate delivery ASUS B350 board and RMA'd the Gigabyte board. I rebuild the computer with the ASUS board.

A new Gigabyte replacement board arrived one and a half week later. So now I have a working computer with the cheapest B350 motherboard and a more expensive Gigabyte board.

I guess I could sell the board. I'm just not sure if I want to bother rebuilding with it or do something else.

no pic related

I was a bit unsure but I think I heard you right
My point was that if you buy X370 but don't use the features enough to justify even taking another board out to put it in you overspent and might as well cut your losses and sell it.

Is RAM compatibility really that strict? Or is the QVL just the list of RAMs verified by the board provider that work?
Same with AMD and their list for supported DDR4 sticks.

The second
RAM will all work, just some better than others.

amazon.ca/Logitech-Z533-MULTIMEDIA-SPEAKERS/dp/B011O613W2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511080349&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech Z533

How are these speakers for 50CAD?
I know nothing and I am only asking because of the big discount.
>camelcamelcamel showed it was sold at $11 once

Tfw bought an Rx 580 8gb for £102 after Amazon put the price on wrong.

Shall I sell it for £250 and buy a Vega? Or will it be the performance be alright paired with a 1440p freesync monitor?

Where the fuck do I plug the 3 power cables from the NZXT into? There's no cable from the case, or any ones that match it from my PSU?

There's a sata, 4 power cables and a USB connector coming out of my NZXT Kraken X62

Installed older versions of the bios and newer versions, but 1600x still stuck on 2.2ghz regardless of the version. I know it can work because I was playing with it overclocked last night.

like, as long as it's ddr4 it should work, right? (for Ryzen)
Board and AMD compatibility list are just "certified" then?

this is my current build. I use it for gaming, primarily DotA 2 and StarCraft 2. Other games that I want to play are Nier: A, Nioh, The Witcher 3, Doom, and I would like to try to emulate Breath of the Wild.

At the moment I have no interest in upgrading my monitors. I just want a solid 60 FPS+ experience in 1920x1080. My budget is about $200. I am thinking of one of the following options:

1) Get a second 770, do SLI
2) Get a 1050 TI
3) Wait it out, get a 1060 6GB or 1070.

Any suggestions?

Yes. You.may not get desired speeds on some Hynix memory however

sorry, I didn't mean to link my post to yours, it's late and im retarded

amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-03G-P4-6162-KR/dp/B01KU2CIIY

kek

Is this a good monitor for gayming?

komplett.se/product/891583/datorutrustning/bildskarm/bildskarmar/acer-27-led-g276hljbidx#

Couldn't find it on partpicker

Not all have coil whine. Coil whine can also come from the PSU when the GPU is under high load.

>>G4560/G4600

It shouldn't hurt to keep eco mode on. Personally I keep it on so it's quieter

In my experience, power supplies get pretty noisy so it's worth having eco mode turned on.

Currently have a G4560, B250i ITX board and a GTX770. I feel like a corelet with only 2, I want to keep Intel because hackintosh (and fuck ayymd but we don't go there). I believe I can sell the cpu board and gpu to get a i5-8400 and a Z370 ITX board and maybe even keep some on top. Do i pull trigger?
I don't need GPU other than built in so long as I can output to two displays and the asrock board lets me.

I have some liquid metal gallium-based TIM on my CPU. I had to remove the heatsink today and I'm wondering if I need to clean off the metal and replace it before reinstalling the heatsink (as you would with normal grease-based TIM), or if I can leave the old stuff. Anyone know?

I have an i7 920 (currently stock, but i have a Noctua NH-U9B SE2 cooler on it, ready to OC). I want to upgrade my GPU from a Radeon 4890, to something that actually works on linux properly.
I'm thinking the Gigabyte gtx1050TI 4GB G1 gaming OC.
Obviously I haven't looked at PC components in a very long time. Any reason to reconsider my choice?

sell the 770 to get money for the 1060 6gb
You might have to deal a couple days with integrated graphics, but just suck it up

Worth paying extra $30 for 525GB SSD instead of 240GB?

I think so
Unless you are sure won't use the space ever it's completely worth it

Definitely worth turning on. If it's automatic then you won't have to worry about it. EVGA makes some good power supplies so the components should have no problem with a bit of increased heat when the fan isn't spinning.

There is a sale on this pre-made build
pcpartpicker.com/list/NpPptJ
It's about same price as Ryzen 3/ 1050ti build. Is it better or worse?