I am a simple developer, but I want to get into AI, because it seems really cool...

I am a simple developer, but I want to get into AI, because it seems really cool. I've done some stuff with Neural Networks and Natural Language Processing, but I want to expand beyond that.

What does Sup Forums know about AI? Have any of you done any cool projects with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

make.girls.moe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AI is gei

do you know math? if you don't, learn math

I do know math, up to PDEs and the mid-level analysis courses. Would that be enough to get going?

> I've done some stuff with Neural Networks

Hint, it doesn't really get much more complex than this. You just make bigger networks and throw more data at them.

In that case you are not doing it right. There are still a gorillion of problems yet to be solved.

Here's what you should do, make a bunch of neural networks and link em all together. Make one that receives visual input and feeds it to the rest, etc.

how much math you need depends on what you mean by AI and expanding beyond NLP and NNs. do you want to do research? implement papers for yourself? just do some hacking in tensorflow? gonna need more info user.

since you posted a weeb image maybe you will like make.girls.moe , it's built on a generative adversarial network

make a distributed neural network

Nobody is trying to solve them (or AGI problems in general). All the hype is about ANNs and how much data you can collect to train them.

that's not true at all. check out Deep Mind and Schmidhuber, they are definitely aiming for AGI

How far do you think we are from AGI?

20 years it will be invented in asia

So if I want to get involved I have to move?
Damn.

in 20 years you'll want to move anyway :^)

I mean I live in Vancouver which is pretty much asia anyways.
Hopefully the party moves here instead of having to move to that smog choked place.

Do you know how to debug your NN user?
When it classifies a black person as a gorilla, are you able to fix that?
Or do you just mumble something about more training data and epochs?

Machine learning seems cool, until it doesn't work and you are expected to explain why to the CEO because you brought shame on the company.

>and how much data you can collect to train them
Judging from AlphaGo Zero, that doesn't seem entirely true.

How does that work?

It plays itself, apparently.

>When it classifies a black person as a gorilla, are you able to fix that?
What's there to fix???

>using the smiley with a carat nose