Graduate in 2012 bachelor in information management

>graduate in 2012 bachelor in information management
>no employer knows what this is
>jobs for it are literally no existent
>mom tells me not to worry about it and that I should focus on my studies
>mom pays me an MBA in information management since she wants "the best for her baby"
>get my MBA, still don't have a place in this world, nobody knows what information management is
>mom funds me a master's in information management
>I've actually published a paper in a journal of international renown about how "information management gives business competitive advantage" with the help of my advisor(which I believe my mom bribed to help me get this paper published)
>still have no idea what I'm supposed to do
>should've gotten into BA
>should've gotten into CS
>should've gotten into IT
>instead I'm ridiculed by anyone in those fields since I look like some wish-washy dunce that couldn't decide between IT and business
>mom now wants to fund me a PhD in information management with the same advisor

Does ANYONE here actually have any idea what information management is and how I can actually get a job in the field if there is one??
What did I get myself into, Sup Forums?
I don't even know if this thread belongs here since "INFORMATION" is some abstract bullshit and doesn't necessarily is accompanied by technology

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.greenhouse.io/nuna/#.WhE2o4Zrwp9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>falling for the college meme

Capitalism, brother. You better be an entrepreneur.

i want to fug fang

Surely information management is just another title for database adminitrator.

The better question is what do you thin it is OP?

>falling for the useless degree meme

How did you not realize you fucked up years ago when you decided to pursue anything with "information" in the degree name?

I honestly hope this is bait, this is too fucking stupid to be true.

just compete with intel/amd/nvidia
you'll rake in millions if you can somehow get up there in pc parts

Librarian?

It's not information as in data, it's information as in the very concept people abstract in their minds after processing data.

I don't have the necessary skills to work as a database administrator, thought I understand what a database is

Mom won't have that, she wants me to "achieve" great things
You don't understand
I'm almost 30 years old, I'm a fucking failure but she thinks I'm her baby, she thinks I'm a trophy
She's literally filthy rich but won't let me be a NEET

That used to be what IM is about but that doesn't really exist anymore.

try places like hospitals, banks, universities etc

How about this, have her fund your bachelor/masters in in cs, claim it's because you're trying to go for a whole new never seen before combination of skills that'll give you completely unique insights.

If she's really that rich I don't see the problem with her funding you getting a degree that'll actually get you a job while she gets to brag(?) about her clever boy.

How the fuck would we know what information managment is? You're the one thats been studying it for over 5 years. You tell us.

Just kill yourself because from the looks of it youre probably also a democrat too.

>It's not information as in data, it's information as in the very concept people abstract in their minds after processing data.

oh god, it just keeps getting worse

sounds like public relations. try advertising firms?

That't not really it. It's some abstract esoteric mystical bullshit that's supposed to help business grown.
I'm supposed to know everything from IT to business strategy but I actually know nothing from both.

>Just kill yourself
Mom wouldn't let that happen, I`m sure she would get a Dr. Frankenstein to bring me back to life.

>also a democrat too.
Not really, I'm not American.

Have you tried government?

Spaniard?

Mom won't let me work for the government.

Portuguese.

you going to let your mom dictate your whole life? and why not?

>Studies a completely useless degree for nearly 10 years
>Doesn't think twice about it

close enough

I wouldn't say useless, the subject sounds very interesting. Though actually applying it in business sounds as hard as trying to apply Philosophy and History.

Just based on the name "information management" I would think you could possibly fit in a project manger role, or a business analyst role within a technical team.

Go and do some shitty but recognised degree so you can get into a company. If the info management thing is actually useful, companies will pick up on it. You just need to be able to get through the front door.

Cut your losses, do a CS degree and breeze through it, then go working for some place that you can apply your info management stuff, start as a grunt and climb the corporate ladder.
It's fine, just don't waste more time getting a phd in sometihng that'll just be useless.

If mommy is ok with funding this shit and you reckon it'll be successful once you start working, just do something to get you through and then the rest will take care of itself. Don't worry about essentially being a NEET or too old for the classes. In our class, my group of friends in our late teens and 20s couldn't really give a shit about mature students. We had one guy who did media or something and decided to pick up software engineering and he was in his 30s, but we welcomed him to the group like he was one of us. Nobody cares how old you are dude.

Thanks for the advice, anons.

/adv/ gave me some advice and I think I will talk with my advisor about following a career in academia.

but you're completely fucked without college or doing a trade.

the only way to make ANY decent money(30k+) without it, is nepotism or doing some really dangerous job like working on a rig.

>do a CS degree and breeze through it
yea good luck 'breezing' though that. not saying cs as a major is hard, but there are professors who will try to go out of their way to make it as hard as possible

It's a business degree focused on the technology sector. Look at project management or business analyst positions. Work your way up to management.

>the only way to make ANY decent money(30k+) without it, is nepotism or doing some really dangerous job like working on a rig.
t. retard

boards.greenhouse.io/nuna/#.WhE2o4Zrwp9

You would fit in with these clowns:

- Devops
- Anything to do with AGILE

They are also wishy washy abstract bullshit that has no reason to exist.

Nice. In 5 years OP could be the guy who managea thr team that designs 'dynamic thinking days' for IT design bootcamps

>spend so much time in academics
>not even get to know a single person who could get you a job

you failed at life

OP listen to me. Go get a undergrad in CS and than leverage the information management as traction for machine learning. You already have all the general requirements so you should be able to churn this out in about 2 years.

>has a degree in information management
>still makes a long ass greentext posts on Sup Forums

>Devops
>wishy washy abstract bullshit

>no employer knows what this is

Bullshit. If you apply for any high level job ou know that they will request a record of your degree transcripts. Everything you have studied will be easily visible.

Enjoy Walmart brainlet.

what a fake shit field. I've dabbled in fake useless fields a few times and now I know, as soon as you have any kind of publications that are about the field itself, and why it's "needed", that shit is never going to happen. It's just going to be stacks of consultants and academics patting themselves on the back all the way down. Fuck OP for going along with it for so long. Also fuck OP for being an indian? or whatever whose mother is involved in their career

hahahahah

So many jobs in Vancouver Canada right now in that field. My buddy within 2 years is designing the local health care systems. Amazon is hiring, every major company knows it. Rebrand yourself as a data scientist and learn about that field for excellent employment. In my city the job posting says 85-130 k

That would be extremely painful

- New fields are bad.

>OP has a BS, an MBA and a Master's
>Sup Forums's advice is for him to get ANOTHER useless degree (CS)

You guys are literally retarded, fuck you.

having automated builds means you're weak like little girl

The guy who does information management in my company graduated in liberal arts

why do people allow their parents to run their lives? do they not realize they're wasting their lives?