Takes 3 seocnds to go across the screen on highest sensitivity on a 1600 width screen

>takes 3 seocnds to go across the screen on highest sensitivity on a 1600 width screen.

who else here fell for the thinkpad clit meme

what's the fucking point of thinkpads having these again?

A hard push instantly jumps from one side to the other across my 1680x1050 T60, you might be retarded

enjoy your arthritis

you have to be using it wrong

You're just not use to it. Once you do get use to it you will never use the trackpad again. Everything becomes so much quicker.
Superior technology to trackpads as you never have to take your hands off the homerow because the mouse and right/left click are integrated into the keyboard.

>get memepad, set clit sensitivity to highest, takes a slight touch to make the cursor fly both left and right
>touch it upwards, werks fine, same speed

>touch it downwards
>B key interferes with the clit and makes it half the speed of the other 3 directions
So same sensitivity up, left and right but not down. Fug this shit if it werent for that Id actually use it. I have a T520 with classic keyboard, maybe they fixed this with the chiclet ones. Anyone else with this problem?

Alternatively any way to force increase its sensitivity? I dont mind it having different speeds as long as I can make it move downwards faster

you're literally being retarded and using it wrong

no, my clit works fine no matter how i play with it

You have to use acceleration with the trackpoint. It should be very precise when you're lightly pressing on it, and zippy when you push it harder.

>hurr ur holding it wrong
So Thinkfags are the new Macfags?

whenever I see a normie try and use it they try to use it like a joystick or trackpad

It doesn't explain why it does this, there's enough space for the clit to move up, left and right without hitting other keys no matter how hard you push. But not down.

I don't know what you're talking about, there's a equal amount of space between all the keys
check if there's something stuck under it

There isn't, but I noticed there's a G letter inside the clit, possibly used to mark the position to be used like the notches and points used in integrated circuits to mark the proper positions. Or maybe it's just a marker for the manufacturer. Still the rubber clit itself and the plastic trackpoint seem to have equal sides. Maybe if I used the Classic Cap it'd have enough space.

mine is indeed making my wrist hurt but moving my hand to the track pad is more annoying to me so I just keep using it :^)

This point on the plastic trackpoint, whatever use it serves. You can see there's slightly less space from it to the B key than to the other G and H keys, photo was taken fully perpendicular to the trackpoint. Of course if I really force it it can almost move at the same speed but it still bothers me.

What model is that? newer thinkpad has a bevel on the keys instead of a cutout.

xinput --set-prop "TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint" "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" 0.35
You just haven't learned to use it yet, thats all
It takes me less than half of a second with mild pressure and is comfortable to use with a slight touch
I've been content with this so I don't really spend time fine tuning it. but I went in increments of 0.05 from 2.0 to 0.1 until i found a spot that I liked.

T520, afaik all Tx10 and Tx20 and X220 use the exact same keyboard.

Hmm yeah, check out this picture, the left is an x220, the other is an x230 with plain keys and a bevel on the trackpoint keys that gives the exact same space, while in the x220 you have less space on the B key than the G and H.

Does the bug where the cursor will move on itself for some distance after using the clit still exist on newer models?

yes
t. t470 owner
it is rare though and I haven't seen it in a while so maybe there was some lenovo update that fixed it

How is that even possible.
That bug existed since at least the T41, probably earlier.

Wasn't the *41 the first Lenovo Thinkpad, or was it the *60?

I haven't seen it in a while, but I'm not sure if an update fixed it.

fucking turn off mouse acceleration

> T460p
> 2560x1440 screen
> got less than a second
gtfo normie

Confirmed for using the clit like a joystick, kek
You have to put your fingertip on top of it and press in the desired direction, not move the whole thing

Install the proper drivers

>3 seocnds
1 second, or less on my tp clit.
>you have to be using it wrong
I agree. OP is probably on wndows.

Wow, that feels nice! Thank you user.

Any idea how to set this on windows as well?

it's not a bug, it needs to recalibrate itself after some usage

Honestly, that was one of the reasons why I switched to linux. I'm too much of a brainlet to do research on how to find drivers that fix the trackpoint sensitivity issue on windows.
The good thing about windows is that it's noticiably smoother to use the trackpoint than on linux. I don't know how to fix that yet.
At least on my T510(former) and current T420, I just went into the ultranav settings and set it about 3/4 of the bar.

Sry, if I'm assuming you didn't know, but you can increase sensitivity in a different setting as well:
echo 255 > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/sensitivity
(as root)

Setting a Deceleration < 1.0 causes the cursor to jump a bit, whereas the sensitivity setting doesn't.

Still worth it to have it < 1.0, I don't need pixel precision and it requires much less force to use the trackpoint now.

thanks man I'll try it out a bit.
3 months in and I'm lazy and haven't figured out exactly how to be proficient in terminal.

Disable mouse acceleration

Does this persist across reboots? Thanks by the way, this feels really nice.

no you have to create a start up program
>I still don't know how to fucking do that

try adding it to the file /etc/rc.local

but check that the commands you put there work, first

I'm a fucking idiot but I'll try googling that to see how to do it.

Ah okay, I'll probably just throw it in my bspwm config file to execute, thanks.

If it took you 3 seconds you're still stuck in the bottom of the learning curve. You might be retarded

just use i3, your laptop has a good keyboard for a reason. I find floating window managers to be awfully cramped on laptops anyway.

It was the R50 I want to say.

The T4x series was still made by IBM, but Lenovo had the name "thinkpad."

>Superior technology to trackpads as you never have to take your hands off the homerow because the mouse and right/left click are integrated into the keyboard.

>What are thumbs?