1. Your country

1. Your country
2. Do people in your country know who Michael Phelps is? What do they think of him?

yeah i think some do

I only started hearing about him during these Olympics since you burgers don't shut the fuck up about him.
I think he's an ok guy, but his "achievement" is extremely overhyped since there are so many almost identical and quick swimming events.
Meanwhile an event like volleyball has a single medal and the teams have to play several hour-long matches across several days.

>if you want your son to be a world class athlete just name him Michael

>he didn't hear about him in 2008

Maybe I did and forgot about it, it's not a particularly interesting piece of trivia.

doesn't he have a condition with his feet being longer or something

He has marfans syndrome and very large feet, arms and lung capacity

I think his feet are double jointed or something like that. They're only size 14 which isn't that much beyond the norm

bump

Sup Forums taught me he is a mutant winning in a meme sport.

Yes this plus steroid use means he's really just no different than the average guy and all his medals are bullshit

That was sarcasm by the way. Sort of sad I feel like I have to clarify.

Greatest athlete in history. Anyone who hasn't heard of is an idiot. No country on this planet has had a greater athlete.

How come all Jap flags here are proxies or US soldiers?
Are all true Japs on 2chan?

so he's good at swimming and there is a ridiculous number of swimming events at the olympics giving him the chance to win an absurd amount of medals skewing the US medal count out of proportion thus giving anerilards a fake sense of superiority again

Jap rules Sup Forums

So are all olympians genetic freaks or just this guy? Seems funny having competition between naturally suited people where aptitude at the topmost level is determined by who got the most beneficial mutations in the womb.

Pretty sure practice is still 99% of it all.
Maybe your genetic potential would let you be a world class athlete if you weren't wasting your life lurking on 4chin and fapping to hentai all day.

But they all train hard. It's like a job to some of these American, Chinese, Russian etc. athletes. 8 hours a day every day for 4 years. What is the difference in practise between them then, unless they were being taught wrong, as a joke.

it's all in the kind of roids they use

You forget factors like psyche, luck, their condition on that day, etc.
Sometimes certain genetic traits give them an edge like Phelps having really big hands and feet, but there is no genetics involved in sports like shooting.
Also differences in practice is much bigger than you think, especially in couching-heavy sports like gymnastics it is a key role.
All in all it is a combination of myriads of factors, saying it is just genetics is beyond reason.

>couching-heavy sports like gymnastics it is a key role.
what does this mean

>couching
*coaching
Thanks auto-correct I wasn't aware that is even a word.

Nice webm, mind if I save it?

sure go ahead