Hurr durr China is a tyrannical Orwellian state with no digital privacy

>hurr durr China is a tyrannical Orwellian state with no digital privacy
You literally cannot make a Facebook or Twitter account without coughing up your phone number, and you can't get a phone number without revealing your identity. Sites that don't require a phone number can be compelled to hand over user data with a rubber stamped warrant issued by a secret court. And certain European cunts literally raid your home and put you in jail for objectionable tweets.
So explain to me how the Western web is any more "free" than China's.

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-19/china-seen-faking-488-million-internet-posts-to-divert-criticism
theguardian.com/technology/2011/mar/17/us-spy-operation-social-networks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

t. kevin chang

t. Chong

t. Lee

it's li though

lee is korean

t. Zhang

Feels good to be truly free.
Burgers and euros will never know this feel

>want privacy
>use facebook

2bh f4m

>frogposting
t. zhang

Arigato, Changu san. Ni hao, gomenasai.

What's the difference?

The thing is not only about privacy. Their internet is a whole new level.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-19/china-seen-faking-488-million-internet-posts-to-divert-criticism

t. Mingming

America does the exact same thing
theguardian.com/technology/2011/mar/17/us-spy-operation-social-networks

t. john peng

>You literally cannot make a Facebook or Twitter account without coughing up your phone number
Is this true? I don't have either.
>you can't get a phone number without revealing your identity
Do they not take mobile phone numbers? You can get those without revealing your identity.

Really makes you doublethink.

Hongkongers and other southern Chinese use Lee though like we do though. Li is the standardized one used in PRC.
Both Lee and Li come form the same character 李.

Actua-lee

t. Lee Young Soo

You can't get a SIM card in North America and Western Europe without documentation (mostly due to anti-terror laws).

Oh wow. Well to be fair, I don't know if they've changed things here so that that's the case now or not. But my current SIM card is in a fake name, living at an address that doesn't exist. Not out of some tinfoil hat shit, I just set it up in a fake name because I stole the card when I worked indirectly for a mobile phone service provider years ago. So many stolen SIM cards at that job.

>look at flag
>look at post
well colour me unsurprised

>You literally cannot make a Facebook or Twitter account without coughing up your phone number
I can tho
>you can't get a phone number without revealing your identity
I can do that too

That's because nobody cares about Finland.

>China's whole Internet is censored by the government
>You need to give phone number to use Facebook
>CHINA AND WEST EQUALLY BAD

Fuck off, Chong Xiao

feels good mane

>CHINA STRONG
>Posted from Canadia

What a laff

In China you can't make Facebook and Twitter accounts period
Also
>wanting to use social media without revealing your social information
You might be retarded

t. Ching Chong

This is one instance where I do not believe OP is a chinese. He's right about everything and you all are mocking him for bringing an important issue to light.

He might not be a Chinese, but he's still a fucking retatarded.

China has a stringent censorship and paid troll armies. Certain terms are completely blocked on their social media. Accessing websites based outside of China is very hard. You get a credit rating that can fuck up your life based on your online behaviour.

Equating this with what happens in the West is typical for teenage RT-watching edgelords.

Chicks are the 21th centery jews.
Rev up those baking ovens, Hans.

Bull fucking shit.
I bought an ALDI sim card in germany a couple months ago, it didn't require me giving my name or adress or anything like that.
Same with the Lyca card i bought in the netherlands a couple years back.
Heck, you can even buy cheap, ready for use phones

t. Zhang Xing Cheng

>that flag
>that comment
Seems about right, though you are not entirely wrong chang.