Why would a non-programmer use linux?

Why would a non-programmer use linux?

Sys admin

ChromeOS, Android
mmm...

If you have no life, a Linux system can be like a dog or a wife who needs a lot of your attention to work properly and stuff. You'd probably spend countless nights trying to fix things and I think that's not really a bad hobby if you enjoy it.

Because he doesn't agree with Micro$oft's terms of service and can't afford a Mac

If you ever want a home server (and you do), you want linux on it.

It works for them

anime

They're mentally retarded.

I think it just works better and I'm the cool kid now

>needs a lot of attention
I would say the exact opposite, Linux works fine and doesn't change until you want it to. It just works.

why would a non programmer use a computer

You can do a lot more with computers than just program them. I don't know people act like the only tech job that has ever existed is programming. Linux is amazing if you're a sys admin, network admin, or really any kind of admin at all.

They don't.

They use phones and tablets.

> not a programmer
> can’t even code
> use Linux because I like tinkering with shit
> did the same shit I do with Linux when I was a kid when I’d take apart broken VCRs and try to fix them
> did the same thing with my little dirt bike when I was 12

For most people who use it, Linux is the real life equivalent of trying to beat a vidya on “super hardcore death rape” difficulty so you can feel like a hard ass. Think of it like self-reflective epeen.

It is very rare to find people who use it outside of work that don’t fit into that category. Most gentoo faggots on here are the end of that spectrum.

Can't afford a Mac.

Why would a programmer use Linux?

You've got to be kidding or else are retarded...

to write a java program

To learn programming

Because they want to?

For beginners windows will do just fine.

N.A.A.

for me it's
>server
>privacy
>better media playback
>SPICE

Free and long-term support

?

who came up with this meme?

It's worth it just for the fact that I can boot and shut down my machine without update bullshit. Also, centralized software updates, privacy, desktop choices, no antivirus, free?

ffmpeg and youtube-dl don't work on my windows install for some reason

Sorry sweetie, but the cancer that is windows 10 caused me way more trouble than my Ubuntu install

I like how the fedora penguin has is representative of linux as a whole.

Maybe if your work environment doesn't want to pay for Microsoft products like Windows and Office. This is assuming the company provides a computer for you.

I dual boot Linux and Windows and feel that there barely is any difference in how much you have to tinker with the system to get it to work.

>Not An Answer
I'm just guessing, by the way.

>fedora penguin

torrents + media server = just werks 4 me

this
Enlighten me programmer-senpai , what am I missing ? The only linux related thing I use is git bash.

being this dumb

Awww , thank you senpai. Very helpful , now that I know , how can I live without linux anymore ?

It's fun and easier to work with.
t. still haven't learned programming