Why were the 00s so aesthetically pleasing?

Why were the 00s so aesthetically pleasing?

Hello MockfjÀrdsvapnet.

Until Apple's boring design aesthetic took over that time.

it looks like shit
- man with taste

Why does this exact thread with that exact same picture keep getting posted?

Either way, the '00s were absolute shit tier. For every Sony Ericsson there were 50 products that looked more like this pile of grey vomit.

2000's were the blob years,

2000's were the future. 2010's were scifi shitwank.

>Stockholm syndrome
You grew up with your family's old tech.

Nostalgia

Because fashion was only an extension of the function. It was true FORM.

Now you have fashion first and functionality second.

Welcome to post modernism.

>nostalgiatoddlers actually think muh Fischer-Price brightly colored plastic looks good

>brightly colored plastic
>posts a white laptop

Remember when phones fit into your pocket and you could control them one-handed without looking at them while taking a week-long hike across a busy street?
This is the only argument for abolishing the free market. If I could go back to usable phones with good designs, I'd fucking back communism.

But user - you can still buy a 3310 3G if *you* want to. Let the other idiots get the Darwin awards.

But then I won't have GPS, web browser or any other advanced feature that I need on occasion.

I miss my N95. If we still had Symbian, I might even be able to comfortably write my own fucking apps without going through hoops. It's not like I give a fuck about the newest social media fuckshit app, anyway.

I really just need an updated Nokia N95, made by a more competent company (the Siemens phones were fucking glorious, back when Siemens still made phones), with more advanced innards and a more polished OS.

My favourite phone ever.

>iBook
wot is that trackpad
is this from like the Windows XP era?

IMO the early 2010s was best

Nokia 3310 4ever :)

Nexus? maybe...
jewPhone 4S? no fucking way XD

>he doesn't think iOS XD

you have to go back.

Agreed. We had gotten passed the rounded everything toddler toy era of the '00s but hadn't yet hit the cancerous "all UI must be flat" and "everything must be minimal and sleek at the cost of function" stages yet.

literally the brightest color senpai

That platinum keyboard was pure gold.

I can tell you have little grasp on what postmodernism is.

>he likes orange on black

people still had at least a hint of sense of decency left

And graphic design took on a lovely shade of brown and purple.

FUCKING THIS.

I HATE the minimal shit. I can't even find a decent looking icon pack that's not dedicated to being minimal.

Its all disgusting

And then came...but this isn't Sup Forums so I won't.

This decade everything took on a super-glassy look.

stuff was bigger and fatter and less touch screeny, so companies actually had to design or the product would look like absolute crap. pretty much goes for all the common product categories; laptops, TV:s, especially phones and other small mobile devices just got a god damn lot smaller and thinner. it is hard to really make a rectangle with a touch screen on it look particularly horrible. it is kinda hard to make a modern LCD TV look THAT bad, too.

to simplify
either you put in effort or you got a product looking like that, now stuff is already so minimal that there's less space to either fuck up or shine

hello moto dudududu

no... it was platinum

someone doesn't know about neon pink