How about instead of focusing on 8k displays and 900hz refresh rates we focus on fucking diagonal lines

How about instead of focusing on 8k displays and 900hz refresh rates we focus on fucking diagonal lines.

A vector monitor from 1970 could do this shit.
A 2017 monitor can't draw a diagonal line, it's literally impossible.

Aliens must be laughing their asses off

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iuv6hY6zsd0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_Bleep_Do_We_Know!?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

digital>analog

But the world around you is analog...

>A 2017 monitor can't draw a diagonal line, it's literally impossible.
but its right there in your picture, faggot.

Brainlets are not allowed in this thread

I'm pretty sure I'm seeing a diagonal line in your picture on a monitor from 2016.

Do I really have to explain to you that those are not diagonal lines?

the fuck is it then?

Antialiasing jagged lines.

These aren't words you're reading.

that from a distance make up a line.

A vector monitor can't draw a perfectly straight line either.

Yeah but maybe if engineers stuck their heads together they would come up with something reasonable. I'm not saying we should use 70s tech. I'm saying we should stop focusing on useless shit like resolution and start focusing on a new paradigm that will allow truer to life picture.

Just turn your monitor 45 degrees

>that from a distance make up a line

Yeah, I forgot single color displays with fuzzy analog signals are truer to life than 4k digital screens with wide color ranges.

16K monitor will make perfect diagonal lines.

If you can't appreciate the pixelation, then it's as good as gone. 4k and 8k make away with all the issues digital displays have with jaggy lines and edges. That's the whole point of high density. Nobody cares that it's not a true diagonal line if the result is just as good as a true diagonal line.

Get yourself checked, you might be autistic.

Doesn't work

>WE ALREADY HAVE PERFECT TECH, LOOK AT MY ULTRAWIDE 8K!!!!ONE
>NO MORE INNOVATION IS NEEDED, EVER EVEEEER
>THIS IS LITERALLY PERFECT UNTIL THE END OF TIME AND SPACE
You right now

>can't even into quantum physics

No it won't, it will have the same exact problem, only on smaller scale

Diagonal lines in real life don't work like that

wow, it's like Shannon was full of shit then...

Apparently you can't either. QM has very continuous, analog features

>he thinks quantum means digital

I want a 4k CRT.

That image illustrates a completely classical phenomenon

how can you even see that shit nigga??
you got bug eyes?

at the end, yes

Then why is it studied in quantum mechanics curriculum?

walk off a Planck and kys

I never implied such a thing. There's still tons of room for improvement.
First of all high refresh rates on 4k and 8k displays, then better response times as well, also more accurate colors (we're still far from perfection in that aspect), better blacks, eliminating burn in issues, even wider viewing angles, lower power consumption...

Small scale you won't notice,

Was posting a digital representation of a diagonal in nature meant as irony?

You can't see it unless you stick your face to the screen and look at it with a magnifier.
Thus the problem is gone.

A light source causing double slit interference literally isn't. If you replace the light source by a particle beam, then you have something classical physics doesn't predict. Light interference follows straight from Maxwell's equations

I'm sure people are trying to solve that, it's just that that's a significantly harder problem than to just scale down current technology.

Still a hack. Not a purist solution.

Diagonal lines don't exist in real life. Lines don't exist in real life. Lines are a completely abstract invention representing a group of entities (in some cases, these entities are molecules) arranged in a particular pattern. They don't exist.

OP has a point.
Why don't we use hexagonal pixels or something.

>muh purist solution
Yup, that's autism alright.

Either you're full of shit or this guy is full of shit. He's using the sun as a light source in his experiment.

youtube.com/watch?v=Iuv6hY6zsd0

So which is it

>Why don't we use hexagonal pixels or something.
Because then you can't do vertical lines

That wouldn't make perfect vertical lines. Octogonal would do more or less, but it would still be weird compared to squares I think.

How is wave particle duality and Young's double slit related to quantum physics?

Doesn't work

vector displays do fixed-thickness lines well, but can't do bitmapped graphics for shit
bitmap displays can do vector graphics ok, and bitmap graphics well

vector displays are too limited in what they are able to display, trying to simulate bitmap graphics on a vector display is more costly than just using a bitmap display
bitmap displays scale better, human vision has it's limits, and it makes more sense to just add moar pixels until they're not individually recognizable anymore (then you effectively are able to display the same images as a vector display)

science pop love double slit experiment as sometime mystical.

I'm almost done with my PhD in physics, so I'm gonna go with that guy's full of shit if the video doesn't agree with what I said.

The interference pattern shown in your image won't happen for light of many frequencies combined. It has to be a monochromatic light source (laser, etc). In that case, the interference pattern is perfectly predicted by classical physics, because light was already understood to have wave properties since the 1800s.

Quantum mechanics shed light on the fact that what we considered particles (electrons, etc) do the same thing.

but on average, every line would be closer to its geometry compared to square pixels

>OP's face when he realizes seeing things in real life is just light bouncing off of atoms that provides a digital image finer than his eyes can resolve

PhD candidate here again, wave-particle duality is literally a consequence of quantum physics

No? That's assuming all straight lines have the same chance of occurring. Considering a display displays letters and other manmade things, vertical lines are more likely to occur than 30 degree lines. Every single window you'd have open would be funky, having that one 30 degree line you're looking at be perfect doesn't offset that.

WHY NOT FRACTIONS OF A PIXEL
DURRRR

makes sense, forgive me for being stupid

if vectors are superior, then why is the human retina bitmapped?

if vectors are superior, why are photons particles?

Display this picture on your vector monitor

>How about instead of focusing on 8k displays
That's exactly why we focus on 8k displays.

/thread

The world isn't perceived of a collection of straight line, pixels provide a better approximation.

Nice picture

>Aliens must be laughing their asses off
at this thread

Digital means you have an exact description of everything in your model.

In quantum physics you're dealing with uncertainty, you can never know both the exact position and the exact speed of a particle, hence it's analog.

How about you rotate a straight line then?

>I'm saying we should stop focusing on useless shit like resolution and start focusing on a new paradigm that will allow truer to life picture.

Next Elon Musk right here lads

Analog quality would be somewhere between 16k and 72k.

The endgame for display technology is 64k at 600Hz. At that point, we've broken past the limits of human perception and will have flawless 2D display. That's when we need to somehow get e-paper-like eye-friendlyness on these screens, while amping up color portrayal until it's true to life.

In addition, we need to find a way to produce the color black for AR.

>64k
8k already has imperceptible pixels at a realistic display size.

>THE SETUP LITERALLY READS THE PRESENCE OF A CONSCIOUSNESS
No you fucking niggers, you are shoving the fucking photon so no shit that it will behave differently.
The ACTUAL freaky part of the double slit experiment is that singular photons will cause interference with themselves.

uh...ok

>produce the color black
Just shine black light onto a surface

the mad man

>reddit intellectuals

Just look cancer new age
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_Bleep_Do_We_Know!?

>In addition, we need to find a way to produce the color black for AR.
Just fire every single nuke at a single point to produce a black hole.

Are you retarded?

Hey guys

what if

bear me with this

what if we used pixels
that are not rectangular, but round? Like, tiny little dots.

The back of the CRT will be as big as a hatchback suburu

It's called pentile.

And Sup Forums spergs out over it.

been there, done that

Proper source for starting in quantum mechanics??
I also wanna do PhD in quantum computational.

the resolution doesn't affect the depth of a tube

but does it form a regular square grid?

what if we just made very fast rotating monitors
then we could have straight lines in any direction

Imagine a Black Hole Display, where in place of pixels you'd have miniature black holes. How cool would that be?

>better blacks

but that's impossible

>tfw if you zoom it high enough, you will see atoms arranged pixel-like

He was, but that's beyond the point user.

Did somebody say quantum physics?

na, it's all over the place
not that it matters much, since there's no way you're aligning the two. since they're going to be mistaligned, you have no choice by to just overkill it such that it doesn't matter what the pixel shape is

just use vanta black
so fucking black that this photo looks shopped

Vector based reality when?

Thanks for the cool new wallpaper :^)

only if you're looking at a crystal, normal matter must have randomly distributed atoms.

btw, more than a decade ago john carmack was conjecturing about screens with pseudo randomly distributed pixels, which would theoretically solve the aliasisng issues.

Then dont. Youre too retarded to even understand a high school level physics problem.

Then just wait for them introducing pentile shit with OLED, cuck.

I'll take my true subpixels that blew any CRT triad shadow mask shit away even with 2004-level shit TN matrices, any day. And I did in 2005, never going back.

This. Fucking autists.

Once a pixel is too small to be seen unaided at typical viewing resolutions there's no point in further increasing density. Color range, HDR, refresh rate, and response time are where improvement will happen.

It would be great if they at least kept making vector displays for arcade games. I remember playing a version of Asteroids on a simple black and white vector display and the sheer vividness and glow was much more visually appealing than the more graphically intensive games. Imagine Geometry Wars on an actual vector display.