What's a good budget laptop for college?

What's a good budget laptop for college?

Surface RT

Your mother's laps top

macbook pro 2015

used thinkpad

College already started months ago you piece of shit
Take your shit tier bait and leave

Some people start in the winter term or they might need to replace whatever machine they currently have.

No fuck you this is a shit thread to get all the macfags and thinkfags and everyone else to spew up a huge fucking shitfest like they always do
Fuck you OP I'm on to you

T420/X220
T430/X230

slap more ram and an ssd in and you'll be golden.

If only we had a general for cheap budget laptops

Don't exist yet since zen doesn't have mobile yet

what major? if STEM then you need jack shit. Just use your uni's computers labs for reports and shit. If a useless major like Liberal Arts or History then get a Macbook.

to add, a laptop is worthless in engineering (REAL engineering) because of CAD. Unless you buy some insanely expensive shit then a laptop will be under powered for using CAD or Inventor software.

You're right

And you're right too

/tpg/

This is what I was implying, Silly Anonymous!

Do what I did OP.
Buy an Acer Chromebook 14 ($279 when I bought it), and install gallium os on it.
Use your desktop for everything else.

god dang it

You're the only one spewing up a huge fucking shitfest, retard

Compaq

Unironically a desktop + some random tablet or Snapdragon 835 or above phone.

Most of the time, you'll be in your room working. If you work in a library or at different places, then there's usually common computers for use.

For note taking, I have yet to a) find a use for it given that most classes have either textbooks or published lecture slides or b) find a better way to do it than just paper and pen.

Your last use case would be working in groups and meeting people for work. I usually just asked people to come to my room to work (Just tell them you have cookies). If that did not work, bust out the tablet or phone.

Fuck yourself shill

I bought a 13 macbook pro my freshman year for $1200, I am now a senior and I figure it will last me another year or two

1200 for 5+ years out of a laptop (that i still will be able to sell for $400)k seems pretty good to me considering I use it 30 hours per week.

just buy a good one and take care of it

Some people start in the spring semester, Christmas coming up so op might be expecting some money from parents or family he can use to get a new laptop, OP is baiting. The third is most likely considering the image of the OP.

That said, there's a fucking general for this shit, you don't need a good laptop since the campus will have computer labs and all you'll need is something to do word processing or programming.

Used thinkpad.

Refurbished laptop like t420 or w520. Let's be real: you don't need a surface or a macbook.

You can do your CAS and C++ (if your uni requires all engineers to learn basic C++)

What's your budget

Wanna know how I know OP is baiting?
He hasn't replied to anyone yet.

This.
I'm 19 y/o, just got a T440 almost new for 400$, upgrade the screen (1080p ips 50$) and keyboard (liteon 20$).
>good business experience

And the touchpad