Why did never USA and Europe had military coup?

Why did never USA and Europe had military coup?
I can tell this about Russia - our army was forcibly apolitical since 19th century, in tsar Russia officers were banned from participating in political parties etc, and in USSR all the officers interested in politics were on hardcore control of KGB. But what's about the West?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Cromwell
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golpe_Borghese
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Europe

Portugal and Spain

It's basically Latin America in denial 2bh

Coups are a brown and yellow people thing.

Italy and Germany.

Its the other way around fäm

Lol, what's could be the reason for military coup in usa?

Hitler didn't seize power in a coup.

>and in USSR all the officers interested in politics were on hardcore control of KGB
You forgot that the Red Army received extensive political indoctrination. There was never at any point in the USSR's 73 year existence any danger of the army threatening the rule of the CPSU.

By that logic, Brazil never had a coup, because the population supported the army to ban gommies.

Napoleon Bonaparte and Oliver Cromwell were both military leaders and if memory serves the coup that brought Napoleon to power could easily be characterised as being a military coup.

Most Western Europe had military coups.

I think only America hadn't a single one. But the American democracy was only for whites until 1970.

Separation of powers usually does a good job of stopping coups. But it did pave the way for a brutal civil war, so that's something.

If The South was a country it certainly would have lot of dictatorships.

>Why did never USA and Europe had military coup?
GLORY TO FURSENKO!

Not really. There were some conspiracy groups of officers sometimes.

It seems to have lapsed at the end; this probably explains the failure of the 1991 coup.

Germany? Also Sup Forums seems to love military dictatorships

M8, "indoctrination" was never the thing that held USSR together. There were literally no alternatives because government control of all official economic activity left no way to fund them.

Europeans do have coups, they're just nowhere near as common and are usually unsuccessful.

So? I'm talking about Europe, not Russia.

Russia is a European country, fambam. But if you mean western European countries it's probably because they haven't had to deal with economic travesties as often, and usually have very strong security. Coups in a western European country would probably illicit a very strong response from neighbors/the US as well.

>Russia is a European country
>American education

What do you think Russia is? Chinese?

>

It is and then it isn't. A country with millions of churkas and Tatars isn't quite Europe.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Cromwell

who

Cargo-cult of European civilization. Starring: Asians of all sorts.

He did try though.

Isolation policies tend to negate military coup's.

genocidal religious and military dictator who banned christmas

Eurasian

nice

>because the population supported the army to ban gommies.
Then why do you blame USA as if the coup was caused by them?

also the only ruler england has ever had who wasn't a monarch (^:
>republichinks will defend this

>who banned christmas
why?Christmas is such a comfy holiday.

I don't even know why I said "who" I literally studied the guy in high school.

england under oliver cromwell was literally a christian version of iran

wew

more like ISIS

Soldiers swear loyalty to the Constitution, not the president or generals (although their oath says to obey them) and there's also the fact that burgerland has lots of executive positions like governors who would be really hard to effectively stamp out in quick order to prevent civil war. Plus large parts of our culture are almost fanatically anti-authority and both people and law enforcement would not accept a surprise dictator.

>blame USA

Only gommies do that. They aren't the majority of the population.

Italy had a failed coup in 1980
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golpe_Borghese

*1970 sorry

More Christian version of Syrian civil war.