Is Tesla a meme?

>still cash flow negative
>needs taxpayer welfare to survive
>dozens of problems and complaints with current cars
>already shilling new products to just get investor money

I agree electric cars, and self driving cars, are the way of the future, but this just seems like one big scam company to me. Just preying off of people's love for Elon Musk and futuristic science stuff.

Is Tesla a fucking meme brand or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=te6VqldjTT8&t=1461s
youtube.com/watch?v=_DT0vDMWsq4
wattsupwiththat.com/2017/06/20/tesla-car-battery-production-releases-as-much-co2-as-8-years-of-gasoline-driving/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tesla is a small company that has to struggle in a world still dominated by petroleum. They're ahead of their time, so their objective is to survive until the market and society catches up to them.

>Small company
I see more than 50 Model X's everyday, and people speak of Tesla as every middle-class man's wet dream. Tesla is going nowhere.

Electric cars are a fucking joke. Synthetic gasoline is the way of the future.

I dislike Tesla, but I dislike arabs even more. So go get 'em Elon. Send them back to the stone age where they belong.

Just now realizing that musk is a tool? Wow.

They're never going to overthrow Volvo or Scania

>Crashing this plane with no survivors.

I see the model S everywhere, but not many model X. I don't think tesla is going anywhere, but they're definitely a small company compared to GM or FCA or Daimler or VAG.

In a few years Model 3 could have changed that, it'll take some time, but we will see Tesla creating competition in the Electric Car field in the next 10-20 years.

The Chevy Bolt is already out, mass produced and performs just as good as the 3.

Looks like complete ass though

Yes Tesla is a pyramid scheme. They have to keep upping the hype and making you preorder the new thing. They're taking your pre-order and throwing at current issues like Model 3 production. As soon as there's a loss of interest the company will fall like a house of cards. But fortunately for Musk, the internet has bred a lot of rich tards.

>Chevy Bolt
It has reported being very unstable, and it really doesn't look too good aesthetic wise.

At least they got cars in production to review

That's subjective and still comparing a car with 500 made compared to thousands. Teslas all look like ass up close and inside. The build quality is horrible. The 3 is currently being put together by non unionized workers making $17/hr in silicon valley.

Quickly becoming a meme for sure. Company is having the same issues google was about five years ago investing in everything and only a handful of things panning out. Except googles best product could prop up all of that.

>At least they got cars in production to review

youtube.com/watch?v=te6VqldjTT8&t=1461s

youtube.com/watch?v=_DT0vDMWsq4

How many times are you going to post this, shill

I believe the trucks are a disaster waiting to happen.

>Doug DeShill
>Review by a place called "model 3 owners club

Yeah I'm sure those are honest and trustworthy reviews

>>dozens of problems and complaints with current cars
The only problem is they can't make them fast enough to meet demand, which is one of the best problems for a company to have

This. OP broke a new record for faggotry

>hating on Doug

fucking nigger

My landlord owns a Tesla Model S. In fact, Teslas are very common here in my country. You are full of shit. He has literally nothing bad to say about it you little cunt

They have more problems than that. Lots of false promises and missed goals, lawsuits by their own employees and unionization is looming.

tell us more

found picture of you

Did some "King of the Retards" conservative radio host get a bug up his ass about Tesla or musk in the past 2 months? A few months ago no one had anything bad to say about Musk and now the Sup Forumstard types are out for blood. What gives?

>burning petroleum is bad so I bought an electric car even though my electricity comes from burning coal which is worse
I'm all for cutting off Arabs' only source of revenue, but people pretending they're eco warriors is so fucking annoying.

So does the Model 3.

At least there's no worry about seeing any Tesla trucks in Europe with a design like that.

>the future is in battery powered cars even though electricity is sustained by non-renewable resources, and China is slowly monopolizing rare earth needed for the batteries
Looks like that pic is of you

You have never owned a Tesla or know people who do if you think this is the only complaint. Tesla is one of the worst companies when it comes problems with electrical systems.

>one highly efficient (50+%) coal-burning power plant with millions of dollars of filters to reduce emissions
or
>thousands of tiny ICEs with only a catalytic converter and 20% efficiency

>electricity is sustained by non-renewable resources
It doesn't have to be. About a third of the US' generated power is from renewable resources, and their share is only getting larger.
Additionally, coal is on the way out in favor of highly efficient, clean burning natural gas plants.

Electric cars will never be as affordable as internal combustion engine cars because the raw materials needed for the battery cells are a lot more scarce than oil.
That's my only problem with this whole meme. I don't care about subsidies because truth be told, car manufacturers have been subsidised for decades. In fact the entire urban planning and infrastructure model around the world have been specifically designed to boos their sales. The Interstate system for example was built under the excuse of improving troops movement across the US in case of an invasion but we all know that's bullshit and it was really built to make cars the most cost-effective and comfortable transport method for people. If defence was the real concern, railways would've been built instead like in Russia at a fraction of the cost.
What Tesla (and the industry as a whole) is doing is turning cars into a high end product. In a few years having young people owning and driving cars will be unthinkable. It will be a luxury for middle-aged professionals just like owning a fully paid home. If you're poor or under 45, start getting used to public transport and cycling.

Name a single notable manufacturer (of anything) in the US that doesn't get huge tax breaks.

You can't, because it doesn't exist.

It takes effort to be that stupid.

This claim is scientifically false. If you honestly believe it, you should kill yourself.

You're a fucking retard. China's share of rare Earth production and refining has fallen, not risen.

Think he's referring to China's longterm scheme of simply producing > exporting then years later re-purchase the components back for pennies in comparison which they have been doing successfully for years now.

>I see Teslas everywhere
t. Californian
Electrics are catching on exactly nowhere except for the west coast

I'm in fucking Michigan and I see them frequently.

I don't even think there's a way to buy them directly here because of the car dealership/OEM lobby.

Can you do doriftos with electric cars?

>>still cash flow negative
>>needs taxpayer welfare to survive
>>dozens of problems and complaints with current cars
>>already shilling new products to just get investor money
sounds like a lot of tech companies these days 2bh

>I see more than 50 Model X's everyday,
I've never seen a Tesla IRL ever

t. Pennsyltuckian

I see them and Chevy Bolts every now and then here in the Denver/Colorado Springs area.
Also helps that Colorado has had a massive rebate program for electric/hybrid cars.

I think that they will become commonplace given enough time. The first commercial automobiles appeared in the early 1900s, and were quite shit compared to owning a horse. By the mid 1920s, cars had made their way to many middle class homes. We're just now seeing the advent of the modern electric car, I would guess that in 20 years they will be the primary choice for transportation.

Up here in Waterloo, Ontario, you usually see at least one Tesla a day. If you hang out by RIM and the UW you see more.

Absolutely, electric motors make tons of torque at every speed, so it's super easy to break traction.

Where at?
Here in Pittsburgh they're not exactly common, but I'd say I see one every week or two.

that highly depends on where you're living. but electricity can come from renewable energy sources. such as hydro, wind, solar or geothermal. or from nuclear power plants.
classic cars also emit loads of pollutants. and that in our cities. electric cars don't.

>even though my electricity comes from burning coal
Coal fired power plants are nowhere near as popular as they used to be. They account for only 9% of production in the UK for example compared to 30% 3 years ago, they will be completely phased out by 2025 and already generate less than energy sources such as solar. Your electricity is more likely to come from gas fired plants or nuclear plants, depending on where you live. The US is probably the biggest user of coal in the 1st world still, but it's still less popular than gas and is continuing to decline.

>Where at?
Harrisburg

The only issue my dad's ever had with his Model S is the tires popping from the smallest fucking potholes

Tesla cucks you with traction control you can't turn off.

That's horseshit.

nice city

wtf I hate tesla now

I miss living in PA. Colorado is nice, but there's something about the green countryside that you can't replicate.

Ahead of its time still means its the wrong time. If the technology isn’t there, then there’s no reason for a company based on it to exist.

AT&T invented the video-phone in the 60s. They couldn’t sell any of them because the technology was before it’s time. Did they really contribute anything now that all of their video-phones are at the bottom of a landfill?

>the only problem

lol
thinks Tesla has one problem

wattsupwiththat.com/2017/06/20/tesla-car-battery-production-releases-as-much-co2-as-8-years-of-gasoline-driving/

How about not producing nearly a decade of CO2 before driving the first mile?

Now the shill REEEEs about the study being biased, despite the fact that it was done by Swedes trying to accomplish their 0 emissions by 2050 pledge.

Tesla is a meme that's just sucking billions off the US giverment's clean energy slush fund.

>Electric cars will never be as affordable as internal combustion engine cars because the raw materials needed for the battery cells are a lot more scarce than oil.

What is the limiting factor? Rare metals? Or the Lithium? If it's Lithium, I wonder why no cheaper alternatives are developed. While Lithium carries the highest energy density, the difference to Calcium is only 6%, looking at the standard electrode potential. Why are batteries based on Calcium not feasible?

Most of the energy in this country is either hydro or nuclear. Only anglos and their descendants are coal burners

>Implying production doesn't become more efficient as time goes on

>Electric cars will never be as affordable as internal combustion engine cars

Considering the much less complicated engine and drive train electric cars can actually be cheaper so if anything is a meme, it's what you're saying. The Tesla Model S has about 150 moving parts combined in the engine and drive train when an ICE car can have as many as 10.000. All really requires is the rare earth minerals in the engine(s) to either get cheaper or be replaced (already being worked on by many companies the world over) and make the batteries cheaper to make (which is also being worked on by companies all over the world).

The main reason why electric cars are so expensive is that they don't quite have the necessary scale to be produced cheaply so manufacturers have decided to go up market where higher margins make up for higher per-unit R n' D costs on ICE cars as well.