Internship at Google

Hey Sup Forums I just got an internship at Google's Mountain View office. I currently live in Vancouver, Canada and am wondering what it's like living in California. Does anyone know what the interns are like there? I like to party and go to clubs every weekend so I'm thinking of living in San Francisco and commuting to Mountain View. Looking for general advice moving to SF

tell moot hes a fag!

You'll fit right in with the rest of the shovelfaces.

>agreed to work 60 hours a week

Have fun wasting the best years of your young life for a high salary which is instantly wasted on excessive bay area housing prices.

>60 hours a week

He's working at google, not a fucking hedge fund

>what it's like living in California

You're right, it will be closer to 70.

OP, silicon valley sucks ass. You don't want to commute from SF to mountain view every day. You would be better off in the south bay and then traveling to SF on weekends when you really want to. Housing prices are disgusting out here with very few exceptions.

Yeah, commute from SF to mountain view is insane, live in MV, then hope on the train to SF during the weekends or something.

Is there enough stuff to do on the weekdays in mountain view? Also that is not a bad idea I will just have to find someone who lives in SF I can crash at

>enough stuff to do on the weekdays in mountain view?

Yeah, work your ass off at the office.

And make sure to brush up on the coding interview again near the end if you want to pass the full time interview...

So do you think even as an intern I'm gonna have to be doing more than 40 hours a week? The project i'm on is iOS and am quite familiar with it (shipped 4 apps to the app store)

Depends on the team really. Google got a lot of internal stuff you need to learn which can take a lot of time.

Mountain View does have a mini downdown with clubs or something, I'm more of a NEET so I don't go out much outside work so I don't know.

You do realize this by making this post google very likely now knows that you browse Sup Forums in your spare time, you may be under scrutiny now. Don't do anything stupid. Keep your online behavior and your real life completely separate.

no wonder there's so many school shootings

>I'm more of a NEET so I don't go out much outside work so I don't know.

a NEET doesn't fucking work

you're thinking of hikikomori, i.e. social recluse

8 and a half hours work day isn't bad for that pay.

Are you a girl(male)?

Ok, thanks for the help

i'm a dude

Also, make sure you do not browse the web using corporate network or laptop. Use your phone.

No one will need you to work more than 40 hours/week unless you ask for it. They heavily dissaude interns from doing overtime anyways since they do want you to enjoy your time there.
>t. Intern at the Waterloo office last Summer

Yes, duh. And don't even think about chatting up girls at work. HR has a hair trigger since Damore. They're looking for scalps. They'll ruin your entire career and blacklist you forever just as fast as they did for him.

You're there to work like a slave. It's not a social club.