What do you do with your old smartphones? Don't tell me you throw them away

What do you do with your old smartphones? Don't tell me you throw them away...

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pibits.raspberrypiremotecam
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that's cool as shit, any guides?

I donate them to children in africa.

i sell them for hundreds of dollars

I leave them in a drawer and use them for backups during a hurricane. Lost power for a few days twice in the last year

I don't find any practical use for them

that must be a real babe magnet

this. when irma struck I was without power for at least 4 days. just went through my drawer and digged up all my old phones and used them.

I keep the last one as a backup, and throw the rest away. They're disposable technology for a reason.

I put them in a drawer, where they see the light of day again only when the next phone is added.

>letting roasties dictate your life and limit what you can do to progress humanity

I don't know if this counts but I hooked up a old android tablet to my wall and it just plays slideshows of pictures 24/7 like a fancy wall ornament.

Yeah i got fucked by mathew and irma. I bought 2 anker portable chargers for irma and was glad i did

you guys should have bought wind turbines

I throw them away because they're broken beyond repair.
>buying a new phone when your old one works just fine

last one (blackberry classic) I sold on craigslist.
the one before that (POS entry level samshit) is sitting on a shelf. I tried selling it but it's such a piece of shit nobody would buy it even for $30.
the one before that I gave away.

Password storage.

I did this once, just take a phone case, and attach adhesive velcro straps with loops to it.

give them to family or trade in for another phone

Install gentoo

i have a lg g3 with a dead logic board lying here, any idea what i could do with it besides throwing it away ?

I use it as a wifi camera. Considered using it as a car computer too but I'd need to buy an OBD thingy

You could try buying a logic board online and repair it if it's cheap enough. Otherwise it's as useful as a brick.

Can you connect a phone via HDMI to a monitor?

if your phone and monitor both support MHL, yes

I throw them away. I never get a new smartphone unless the one I'm using completely breaks and becomes altogether useless. why in the hell would I buy a new one if I could do anything with my old one besides throw it away?

Or use an adapter

You need a physical keyboard in your arm terminal.

I have a shelf on my book case that is just a stack of beat up old phones. I dont do anything with them, that's just where the retirement home of sorts

I want to set one up (android, lineage OS) as a security cam. Any guides?

>calling women "roasties" because you couldn't get laid even if your life depended on it.

This is the only correct answer.

>defending letting roasties dictate your life
double wew

Give them to my mom. Currently she's using LG G2 with Resurrection Remix 7.1.2.

Roastie detected.

There's a machine in the local mall that takes phones and gives you cash for them. My Galaxy S5 netted me $150.

If I see you on the street be aware that I'm the guy laughing at you.

If this is real, hearts out to you and your family. Stay safe.

labioplasty surgery is cheap, honey, just save up.
you take this too seriously user, dont react so much

Ive been through roughly 10 hurricanes. Its like snow days for floridians, its not a big deal to us. Even cat 5s never seem to big that big of a deal because it only blows hard as fuck right on the eye wall

I have 3 portable chargers + 1 solar panel charger one that charges about as fast as a wall charger. Sometimes I daydream about living in a shed in the middle of nowhere without the need for electricity. I even have a raspberry pi with a 3.5 inch screen that can be powered by a simple $50 solar charger. Between the kindles and the old phones I am set even without power.

I have 90k in the bank, sometimes I just dream of never having to work again. If I didn't have a wife I'd probably do it. I love free time.

Is that a new Pipboy?

I used to have them as a ok google device but since I started hating google I just use it as a music box, youtube and to check notifications. Since it has a cracked screen it doesn't distract me from work for too long.

I use one to monitor my dog from the other room. I have a rpi with a camera so I can use the phone as a monitor to view the camera in the other room.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pibits.raspberrypiremotecam

rpi $35 + cam $15, view from the phone. I only use it from the local network. Not sure if it works forwarding the ports, but something should work.

Whenever I buy a new phone, that means the old one was at least 10 years old. That's right, my last phone was a dumbphone. Use 'em till you break 'em

YOU'RE A PART OF THE FUCKING PROBLEM

thats not why they are called roasties tho

Nice blue jeans, belt and wallet chain, user. Looks like what I'd wear when I was 16.

Man that in the 80s would be pretty balling.
Or once the civilization collapses.

they sit in a box somewhere

>THOT
>B E G O N E

Used my samsung advance for 4 years until it started eating batteries like candy.
And then I got a sony M4 for free from a relative that didnt want it, which lasted 23 months before bluescreening. Now I have a 2 year old s6 that I'll be using until it dies.
>still have all my old phones though, just in case I could fix them.
This is just the only logical thing to do.

All the bricked ones went into e-recycling bin while the working ones (even dumb phones like SEK530i) I kept somewhere in the drawer

I do have plans for them actually. In fact I use my old phone (ZTE acqua) as wifi hotspot

I haven't used this in over a year, Jesus Christ.