OpenBSD> all linux

OpenBSD> all linux

>trying THIS hard to upset the anti-BSD autists

Sure is.

who's the girl

Dogshit > BSD

is that picture from a comic book? if so what series? that art style looks really sexy

Transmetropolitan.

FreeBSD > OpenBSD > all linux

whats wrong with some hardened gentoo?

Why do we fight over this

compiling everything is pretty retarded

>hardened gentoo
is being discontinued because the fucks doing most of the hardening work aren't cooperating with the Gentoo devs

>Why do we fight over this
Holy wars over licensing, drivers, entire pieces of tech like bluetooth, and various other things.

I mean its better than having no software at all like in BSD

this is your brain on gentoo

I can't take OpenBSD seriously for some reason

But can I play steam games there?

did a gentoo-using haxx0r break into your parents' finances and put you out of your home as a child or something

i have literally nothing against gentoo

however i certainly feel like some of the people who post here had their dogs raped in front of them by BSD devs because they're obsessed

grsecurity has stopped releasing freely available patches sadly

BSD has no software, its hard enough getting linux shit, now i want to go even deeper? Why the fuck even have a computer then if all convenience is going to be removed

you don't have to use it

BSD has almost all software Linux does, and FreeBSD has a Linux emulation layer (that is kinda outdated right now, but is being worked on afaik)

>linux emulation layer
i love BSD but that's a shity band-aid solution to run proprietary linux software

let's not encourage it

Can someone give me a rundown on openbsd vs netbsd vs dragonfly bsd?

What's the difference

Sup Forums is hilarious. Linux barely broke the 2% market share barrier, and suddenly it's not contrarian enough to use it anymore, so everyone runs to use BSD now.
They even use the same arguments like people switching from Windows to Linux now:
>BSD has almost all software Linux does, and FreeBSD has a Linux emulation layer

What's next, Solaris?

I don't know what OS to use on this old mac laptop :(

I don't really like systemd

netbsd is portability focused. despite that it doesn't seem like running the various ports on real hardware is much of a priority.

openbsd is a fork of that. security-focused. possibly more portable as a result, and runs on all the real hardware.

dragonflybsd is a fork of freebsd that's pretty experimental in nature. x64 only, homegrown file system. tries to be an OS for clustering.

HAIKU

but you already know

>They even use the same arguments like people switching from Windows to Linux now:
Except it doesn't work that way as Linux is modular.

no

>Therefore dogshit>all linux.
Yes

no games, no drivers.

>removing /proc because muh dataraces
>base system needs to be huge and not handled by package manager
>lets ship 3 window managers
>and 2 text editors which none can handle utf-8 outside printable ascii
>lel you don't need namespaces

Better then the broken ass linux shit

sounds like you'd have a fucking stroke if you installed slackware

>cwm is 98.4K
>fvwm is 266K
>twm is 193K

and nvi and mg are probably even smaller than this

Not having a stable, centralized, consistent base system is literally the worst thing about GNU/Linux

While there is the compatibility layer, for most software you'd probably be better off just running Linux in a VM, and at that point it's like, why not just use Linux instead of using BSD just to use Ubuntu or whatever in a VM anyway? I guess if you just want a certain specific set of programs it's fine, but enjoy your neutered system. BSD is a server OS.

>handle utf-8
Converting a program to use UTF from ASCIII is a bitch and a half. Swapping out the char for wchar_t is the easy part. You have to find and replace all the appropriate string handler library functions, and the unicode names aren't consistent. STL streams are even more inconsistent in their variants. Then you have too hand audit half the code anyway for any dumb string tricks; anything that assumes 1 char == 1 int is going to cause problems at run time. Then you have to test any third party dependencies since they may not handle unicode correctly or do weird things when fed unicode strings. Overall, it is an annoying, thankless task.

Is slack bad

LSB exists

slack literally comes with XFCE and KDE by default

I don't. ..

this guy fucks

>problems only C zealots will understand

there are people here running haikuos and plan9 non-ironically as well.

i think openbsd has at least one guy who's dedicated to this task though

i think ingo schwarze has been doing it

Fuck this I'm unironically installing gentoo

At least Plan 9 has the value of superior design. If there was a browser that handles all websites I need, wifi driver for my laptop and less mouse obsession I would be using it as well.

It's not just C. It's the C++ STL that fails utterly to smooth the issue away in any way, shape, or form. Instead of adding some sort of compiler directive, or clever option to handle wide, and other character sets under the hood, you get std::wstring...and all the wonky variants of other STL objects that come with it. If you're working on an older code base, you will end up seeing a mix of STL and C for string handling 'cause people will C for speeeeeeeeeeeeed and then loop strcat like a retard. If you think the learning curve of C will protect you from shitcode, you've drank too much of the Torvalds swill.

Buy that man a keg.

OpenBSD > HardenedBSD > Void Linux > everything else

Void Linux is a shitty meme. People want people to use it so that it can build up a userbase and gain momentum, but at the moment, there's no point. What good is a concept if you can't actually do anything with the concept? It's theoretical only. If you want to use it, fine. But I'm going to use a distro that has actual support.

i feel like void was based around the neofetch logo. just like clover doesnt even hide the fact its a Sup Forums meme

What do you think of Devuan

My daughter

i want to FUG ur dotr

Where can I get this hoodie

make it