Why are we not allowed to put this in an array and run whatever the fuck we want on it?

Why are we not allowed to put this in an array and run whatever the fuck we want on it?

You guys have no idea how much Jewtel charges for "muh cores" to enterprise users. Yet, here's Sony charging $200 for a 8-core machine with 8 fucking gigs of GDDR5 memory.

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2010-12-air-playstation-3s-supercomputer.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Proprietary garbage. That's why

it has less gflops than a core2duo

/thread

good thing you bumped it from several pages back, then

I am a dump phoneposter

IBM broke the petraflop barrier using ps3s

dude, if you manage to find out how to do this, it would piss off so many manchildren
god, the rage would be global

cfw when? would that allow this to happen?

It's a fucking Jaguar dude, the CPU is low power trash based on the Phenom arch.

Buy PS4 Pro and use it as shitpossing machine.

Web Browser works great and supports keyboard

Didn't the military bypass this by hacking up a bunch of ps3s and linking them together?

You used to be able until Sony pulled the plug on Linux on the PS3's

>About the 33rd largest supercomputer in the world right now is the US Air Force Research Laboratory's (AFRL) newest system, which has a core made of 1,760 Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) consoles

>hacking
Ugh. You could at least attempt to be informed before you spew verbal (textual) diarrhea. On release, the PS3 had an "Install other OS" option that could be used to run Linux on it, but it was removed out of fears that it could be used to crack copyright protection, leading to a class action lawsuit by people who actually used the feature.

Been done. US air force made some supercomputer out of 1,760 PS3's

So this shit ran crysis on medium im guessing?

At 30 FPS.

better get a pro and mine ethereum.

>>Ugh. You could at least attempt to be informed before you spew verbal (textual) diarrhea
>tips fedora

Be more like these guys without your dumb ass attitude thx

Did I suddenly step into Sup Forums?
Anyway, the PS4 is laptop tier hardware, price is the only thing it has going for it and apparently it's a bitch to get Linux running on it so who cares.

phenom arch best arch ever

>8-core machine
Those are pretty much netbook tier cores tho

good

>8 ancient Jaguar cores running at 1.6 GHz with lower IPC than Core2
No thanks. There are two year old Mobile SoCs with better CPU performance

> 8 fucking gigs
That's not much. BTW, GDDR5 is more prone to errors and does not have a ECC.

how new are you?
that's the point of the thread, a cheap linux cluster with plenty of internal bandwidth

>8-core machine
its down-clocked amd fx chip....

if you think it can beat 8 cores xeon... even old sandy bridge one. i'm always here... to laugh at you.

Also they are selling consoles cheap cause they are selling overpriced games to them and quite expensive gamepads/headsets

>moar corez r better reeeee

actually?