Install linux

>install linux
>take a few minutes to read relevant documentation
>everything just werkz
>come to Sup Forums and see 100 threads complaining about linux being hard to install

are you guys illiterate or something?

only shills

It's mostly reddit soyboys.

This meme took off really fast.

Try Archlinux

My only issues with Linux is shit that should just work, doesn't work.

fpbp

install gentoo

Like what, user?

they tried to install gentoo

gaems

It's just an old, familiar stereotype. It doesn't matter if it's not all that relevant anymore (at least not with Debian-based distributions). It's just a well-worn hat.

i say. i didnt even see it start. it just was there one day. across all boards.

just switched to ubuntu on my old macbook.

took a while to get things like wifi and fan/cpu clock issues sorted but it's running good now. wouldn't say "it just werks" unless you like having ethernet only internet access on a laptop that keep the fan at minimum rpms while locking the cpu at max frequency. But the resources are there for those who help themselves and after that it was just cut and paste until shit just werks.

How did you do thay

It's just shills who have never used linux before

Depends on hardware and distro. Some shit just has no drivers.

how to get games:
>install steam
>install WINE
wow so hard

>every distro is the same

this

wat? ubuntu on a mb? burn disc stick it in and fiddle with till it werks.

Sup Forums is now full of Sup Forumsfags, Sup Forumsfags, and cosumerist, the most of true Sup Forumsfags has moved to anothers board

Even arch just werks. It's basically fedora with a less complex package manager.

You could probably migrate arch to fedora without reinstalling.

Well . . . I'd say that it works, but it doesn't "just work."

Linux is not hard to install. What is hard is to get a setup going the same way, unless your usage is limited to web browsing and programming. Not hard, just more tedious.

>no good drivers for 1070

Normalfags were too uncomfortable with calling people fags so they had to invent newer and softer ways to call people fags

Not everyone can understand English, you retarded dummy
You learn fast because you're fluent in English

nigga if I wanted to spend two weeks reading "documentation" I'd ask your mom to list all the black dicks she sucked last weekend

If you install a popular distro and a ezpz DE like cinnamon then for the majority of users it will "just werk" with minimal tweaking. However, most of us Linux users like to tinker with the aesthetics/workings needlessly to avoid doing actual work.

This. Soyboy is the PC form of faggot. Only faggots say soyboy.

No, you're just lucky you've got supported hardware for your specific distro.

I only ever run Linux in VMs or on VPSs because of hardware compatibility issues.

yes
next question

People here don't actually know how to do anything, nor do they hold jobs.

LainChan?

>Be Novidya fag
>Noveau low fps
>Install proprietary driver
>Tearing even watching chinese cartoons
why even live...

It's more fun to either build something from scratch (Gentoo, Arch) or break and destroy overbloated shit to make it work for you (Windows). This is path of true Sup Forumsentooman. Middle ground (OS X, **user friendly** linux distros) is worst of both worlds.

>from scratch
>Arch
How is Arch more "from scratch" than Debian or Ubuntu?

Fine, omit this one.

not agreeing with the user who said arch is "from scratch", but arch requires you to install and configure a lot more things on your own. For example, Ubuntu and Debian both have graphical installers and come with a Desktop Environment and bootloader

>install and configure a lot more things on your own
The same as I've installed Debian for years
parition, debootstrap, compile my own kernel
You can do the same with Ubuntu
A minimal Ubuntu is even smaller than Arch, too.

>says ubuntu
>means minimal ubuntu

Same with normies v/ normalfags. Normalfags like to neuter words so that they're applicable to contexts outside of imageboards and textboards. Classic case of appropriation.

Soyboy always sounds like he should be some kind of hot twink. Even better a soyboi

I wish this meme would die though.

"Normie" came first you tard

>have no Linux experience at all
>install and set up Arch in half a day
>google every time I need something
>end up with a super comfy machine for programming

Why are they even pushing Windows in schools? When I went to college they even explicitly told us not to use it to be able to use the school's infrastructures.

>Why are they even pushing Windows in schools?
Telemetry and botnet [spoiler]in non-ironic way[/spoiler]