PCBG/ - PC Building General

PCBG/ where are the fucking blackfriday deals edition

Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs i5 8600k if your CHAD
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

GPUs:
>Consider Vega if you have a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

>last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/FwR8nn
pcpartpicker.com/list/QsyhWX
bestbuy.com/site/evga-80-plus-600w-atx-12v-eps-12v-power-supply-black/8511029.p?skuId=8511029&ref=199&loc=8BacdVP0GFs&acampID=1&siteID=8BacdVP0GFs-EQkc9hvU6jYob1gcS3j7VQ
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/6pfwNN
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/VFTQtJ
amazon.com/EVGA-BRONZE-Supply-Warranty-100-B1-0500-KR/dp/B00DZ6R9GE
superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=PSS12II520&c=CJ
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157761
amazon.com/gp/product/B0761P6MC7/
pcpartpicker.com/list/fRJc2R
pcpartpicker.com/list/hBjdsJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/rgbbqk
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADGE62M6387
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126119
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487265
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125875
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do you stop yourself from buying new computers?

Also recommend me a low end graphics card for video rendering. 6th gen i7 16 GB of RAM

pcpartpicker.com/list/FwR8nn
i ordered all the last parts Friday. How bad have i done goofed?

You don't stop yourself
Anything less than a 1050 ti is not worth it
Tell me your budget if that's too low end

Looks great to me!
Obvious upgrade will be an SSD

You did pretty good. Only thing I don't know about is the PSU but I think it's ok.

Gonna spend around $600 on a Polywell B250G-i7. I don't plan on gaming on it I just wanna edit 4K video.

pcpartpicker.com/list/QsyhWX
anything I should change?
Waiting for the mobo to go on sale again, its normally $75
is this a decent psu?
bestbuy.com/site/evga-80-plus-600w-atx-12v-eps-12v-power-supply-black/8511029.p?skuId=8511029&ref=199&loc=8BacdVP0GFs&acampID=1&siteID=8BacdVP0GFs-EQkc9hvU6jYob1gcS3j7VQ

tell me if any of this rationale is retarded
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/6pfwNN
cheapo (relatively) mobo doesn't have the fancy 12 phase power supply of higher end z370 but that doesn't matter since
locked cpu only you can prevent house fires 12 threads for muh VMs
3000 RAM that is on the qvl
cheap/quiet cpu cooler to further reduce house fire potential
itx case but with enough space for any combination of 6 SSD/HDD

>anything I should change?
Get 3200 RAM. Get a better PSU.
>is this a decent psu?
It's the same family as yours but larger. Not Logysis bad but still bad.

How is my build so far ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/VFTQtJ
I'm at ~$1000 CAD with tax, and I have an SSD I will probably take out of my laptop.

Also does anyone have some monitor recommendations?

amazon.com/EVGA-BRONZE-Supply-Warranty-100-B1-0500-KR/dp/B00DZ6R9GE is this one any better?

Spend $3 more and get a S12II. FDB fan and solid reliability.
superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=PSS12II520&c=CJ

This is a pretty good build. No video card though?

Currently have 8gb ddr3, an i5 2500k, and a 4gb gtx 960.

If I want higher FPS in PUBG am I better off getting an 8600k (plus new mobo and RAM), or just upgrading to a GTX 1070? both options work out around the same price for me

If you're looking at a 1070 its time to upgrade the CPU anyway.

got a gtx 670 to tide me over until (if) gpu prices ever stop getting fucked by miners

I'm planning on purchasing a Ryzen 7 1700 and want to spend $100 or less on my motherboard.

Is this a good motherboard for it? newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157761

It has the best reviews on newegg among the boards that fit my budget.

Is a new computer really worth $3500? Am I going to have the same boredom and feeling of emptiness after I've bought it and the honeymoon phase is over?

get a 1080. add 8GB more

when exactly do black friday deals start?
I haven't seen a single decent gpu on sale

Yes.

so after seeing a review about an ultrawide monitor and hearing them say that it's the first one to be the same size as 2 1440 27 inch monitors next to each other i have concluded that ultrawide is a bad meme and instead i will be getting two of amazon.com/gp/product/B0761P6MC7/ those along with a dual monitor arm is this the best idea? or should i look at a pair of some other monitor? please no downgrades to size or resolution if you make a suggestion

pcpartpicker.com/list/fRJc2R
i have $2500 saved up and black friday deals should save me some

im planning to use it for gaming and wont be able to upgrade for a long time

monitors are one in build + a 1440p 60hz dell

Help me out Sup Forums! I really want this to be the gaming PC ive always dreamed of affording!

anything more than 1500 and you're paying a premium for something that will severly degrade in value after 2 years
if you want something thats "worth" dont spend more than 1200 but not less than 700

First or last part?

Ausbucks so its more like $2100 US. Inc monitor + keyboard

Last.
It will make you happy insofar as you are engaging in your hobby, but it's not a replacement for familial, peer connections, social activities, sense of purpose at work etc.

Yes, that board is good. Especially since it has a $20 rebate.

well I guess that's better than nothing

What is this gif from?

I saw it on Sup Forums before and someone said something about it being Portuguese

Galax 1070 for 377 USD
should I?? or wait for black friday

>bike was cheap

Have you seen the price of Harleys even used compared with supersports?

pcpartpicker.com/list/hBjdsJ

I traded the needlessly fast storage for better RAM, a better GPU, and a better PSU. Trust me, you won't ever see the difference between the Samsung EVO and PRO.

>what are old UJM's?

When can we expect i5-8400s to be back in stock in reasonable numbers?

It's video game shit, look up dunkey or something. All I remember is that he sounds like a nigger

Do eet

>this whole post
I don't want to help

Graphics card. Use hardware monitoring to see which is the bottleneck if you want

Need fast RAM

Don't buy an 8700K for gaming

do i really need that much power? my estimated wattage only goes up to 479W, why would 550 not be sufficient?

I need a GPU recommendation for the Silverstone ML06E case - it's a HTPC case. It has 2 vents, up to 175-190mm length, but only like 74mm or 2.95" in width.

Portability is key, hotel TV monitor. Light gaming POE, Cities Skyline, maybe some shootan. My choice is the RX 560, but it doesnt seem to have any low profile anywhere close to the width. Do I really have no other choice but 1050, 1050 Ti??

>Don't buy an 8700K for gaming
its the 8700 non-K for gaming and virtualization though

If you intend to overclock, power draw can shoot up very quickly. An 8700K can pull down around 150W when OC'ed under certain conditions. Then you factor in the GPU OC.
Remember you don't want to be running your PSU at full load for long periods. You ideally want some breathing room.

buncha hack frauds

Volta WHEN?

>blower cards look aesthetic
>the idea of ejecting the hot air directly from the case is great
>vega heatsinks are tiny
>fans have to go fast to keep up pressure
man I want one so bad but I'm scared of how loud they are. That said, I have no point of reference for the noise so I don't know if people are just making a mountain of a molehill having been used to silent PCs

Someone mention Vega?

Here's a custom 64 with 3 (THREE) PCIE 8 pin

My build:
Ryzen 5 1600x
GA-AB350-Gaming 3
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB 2666MHz
GTX 980ti

anyone have any commments on this?

don't care

What about it

May I get some feedback on this build?

pcpartpicker.com/list/rgbbqk

Only bought the PSU so far (promo price expirees after today). Hoping to not have any significant price increases as this is near the upper limit of my budget. This is my first build and I'm not good at computer, so if there are any fuckups please point them out. Also, the Ryzen 1600x is on sale for 200 bucks, which seems like a good deal now that the 175 price for the 1600 is good. Should I expect this price to disappear like the 175 for the 1600 did? Are there any parts of this build it seems I should wait until black friday to order?

Also,
>buying windows
S-sorry

Full load it can go to 80 db if it is right next to you.
Generally it will be 10-15 db more compared to custom 1070/1080.

I'm making an ITX build and I was just thinking about because I can swap the 64 liquid out for a 56 at half the price. Price/performance its no question and some noise is alright as I have ANC headphones, but I don't want a hurricane next to me.

Looks fine, but there are a couple problems.
That cooler isn't good; if you can't afford a better one get the 1600.
The 2TB BarraCuda is only like $15 more
Don't use the blower card supplied by the parametric filter
Don't buy OEM Windows; swapping hardware may or may not be supported, along with any help from Microsoft. Get the full version for $15 more.

I have heard undervolting 56 can somewhat remedy the noise problem without crippling the card too much.
You should check that out.

What do you think about it?
Won't you argue about 2666 RAM?

Do you already have all of this or ar you planning to buy?

It's already bought. I'm just waiting for it to arrive so I can see it working.

Thanks, I wasn't paying much attention to the video card, but I'll be sure not to get a blower. Do you think the 1600x at 209 bucks plus a good cooler is worth it out of the box over a 1600 at 190 bucks? I'm not sure how long these deals will last and now I'm kicking myself for not getting the 1600 at 175

It's a good deal. I bought my 1600 at $200 a few months back so it's at least worth considering.

talk me out of it Sup Forums

going to use it for gayming(mmo), vm, web dev

Alright, fuck it. I'm just gonna be gaming and I don't plan on streaming, I doubt I'll even end up taxing the 1600. Thanks for the advice user.

Gaming- not worth it
VM- depends on what you do with it
Web dev- I don't know shit

There isn't really a bad choice
If you get the 1600x it was a lot better dwal than normal
If you get the 1600 it's still a bit better than normal and you can just OC.

>gaming
doesn't matter at all
>vm
maybe, maybe not
>web dev
doesn't matter at all

I got the 1600x for $220 (after I missed the discount, but before the actual discount).
Now I'm getting a $30 cooler.

I've got the 512GB 960 Pro.
But EVO is slightly slower, but $50 cheaper. Also EVO is the recommended so you're OK and I over-spent.

Can you recommend a good cooler for the 1600x?

What is the difference between the 1600 and 1600x? They seem to be just the same chip with different clock speeds.

I use My NH-U12S on my OC'd 1600, but you could probably go with a highly-rated $40 or so cooler

>VM

will use at testing and development environment, so i might be running 3-4 virtual machines at the same time with heavy read and write

The Witcher 3 loads really faster when installed there. Any game that takes a lot of time loading from storage is significantly reduced in it's load time when installed there.

The 1600x is theoretically capable of higher clocks, but in reality it's for people who don't want to overclock. At $200 right now it's worth buying, but all of Ryzen 5 is just Ryzen 7 with cores disabled so don't expect much.

Affects the load time from storage to memory

If you do heavy writes, you may even wat to consider going all the way with the 960 Pro.

which between any other ssd is pretty negligible for gaming even in open world titles

Then you may want the 960 PRO. Or the Intel 900p, if it fits your use case.

What's the safest level you can overclock a 1600 under stock voltage or close to it? This may or may not belong to a stupid questions thread. I'm just trying to minimize heat generation of increased voltage while trying to get a moderate overclock with the stock cooler.

I want to buy a new video card, and I'm set on a gtx 1070. Is this a good card?

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADGE62M6387

$140 off seems like a good deal, but $700 seems like a high (((original price))).

These are my other options:
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126119

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487265

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125875

Obviously I'm looking at the lower end of the price range for a 1070. Would appreciate any thoughts.

It depends on your luck. Some chips do it better than others.
Do some trial and error with a stability test.

I set up my first water loop because my GPU was loud as fuck, and now I have an annoying whine from the pump that periodically gets worse.

Is it something stupid I did during the setup, or is it just a shitty pump? (EK SPC60, was supposed to be more silent than the alternatives)

If you don't plan to overclock, a cheaper model is fine, since these are all way above MSRP.

UJMs are standards and not cruisers tho

Are you sure that it's the pump?
Anyway, I've heard this may be because your header is sending the pump varying voltages and that it should be a constant.

No, I don't. Is there anything about that first one that justifies the $140 off? Why is that 1070 $700 msrp?

What size are the screws that fit into SSD

It must have been marked way up sometime in the past
1070 MSRP is $380 and maybe up to $410 for premium models

Remember those are Canadian prices. Everything here is more expensive.

He can do the math

haven't built a PC since Ivy Bridge. Thinking of overhauling my current build.

aside from ensuring mobo+CPU compatibility, what's changed since?

last i heard, there was something about Haswell (Broadwell?) CPUs needing some PSU feature to work properly?

Then there's the current thing about modern CPUs unable to install older Windows OS but Windows 10, unless you install an unofficial patch first hand.

Windows 7 doesn't have USB 3.0 drivers, so you either have to use USB 2.0, PS/2, or patch in your own drivers.

windows VM is also an option

IPS or VA monitor for photo editing/digital art?

Tn

upgraded a computer with my friend. it was fun

470gtx (told him to upgrade that next)
1600mhz ddr3

FUCK I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT WHEN IT WAS $650 NOW ITS $720 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

We cannot keep up with the demand goyim.

VEGA AIBS FUCKING WHEN
IT IS 20TH NOVEMBER ALREADY YOU FUCKING CUNTS
IT WAS THE SAME TIME THIS YEAR I BOUGHT A FREESYNC MONITOR BECAUSE OF VEGA
FUCKING BUNCH OF IMBECILES FUCKING EVERYTHING THING UP
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EAT SHIT AMD. NEVER AGAIN.

IPS, no contest.

>for photo editing/digital art?
VA can be great
IPS can suck balls

if you are serious about color accuracy google particular benchmarks for the models you are interested in.

I personally rock ab AMVA 32" 4K panel.
>91% AdobeRGB (small underrepresentation of radical acid greens,)
>3000 contrast
>very good backlighting uniformity and black levels
> minimal bleed
>costed me the same as a 27" 4k craptier IPS would that would be way too small for comfortable use.

conduct your research, VA might be a viable option

Just put the $200 you saved on Freesync into a Liquid Vega 64 :^)