Flag ship phones are for tards

What's the point of high end, flag ship phones if one waist high drop will completely shatter the front AND back? High end processors in a delicate package is so retarded.

>j-just don't drop your phone idiot
we're human and mistakes happen, especially with how often you pull it out of your pocket every day. even my dog dropped my phone off the table once and I had to get the screen repaired.

Other urls found in this thread:

macrumors.com/2017/11/06/iphone-x-breakability-drop-tests/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Use a cover you retard

>using a bulky ugly case on your 800 dollar designer flag ship
whats the fucking point

>why buy an expensive car, when quality economy cars are often more reliable. What's the point of having all these expensive luxury items and precision motors in a gleaming metal death trap that will wear out in 10 years
>why buy an expensive suit when cheaper clothes that is more rugged, more comfortable, or more practical can be found
You're out of your element, dude. It's a status symbol. A status symbol that's achievable even by the lowest of wage slave and appeals to the youthful zeitgeist of taking habitually processing power and pushing it into a ditch.

>whats the point
To protect your $800 device you fucking retard.

No, what's the fucking point of buying some 800 dollar phone that does the same shit as a 300 dollar phone if you cover the fucking thing. the only purpose is the appearance for status

why would you buy something more expensive just for appearance

people notice. this thread is literally proof of that

you're joking right?
you think people upgrade their 8 month old iphone's to the latest apple fagship for the brand new features and specs? everything is for appearances and it's gay.

Because appearance matters, dingbat. You're just lucky people probably mistake you for some kind of tech idiot savant, because your social graces are tripping over their own shoelaces.

I have a fondness for feature phones. I'm using a flip phone.

>the state of Sup Forums

This thread is pretty funny.

Send from my redmi note 3 pro

Even king normies out cases in their phone, it's still a $1000 with or without a case

my redmi note 2 fell out of a car door and slid down a driveway

Not all flagships are this fragile.
What's the point in buying ugly bulky cases? Slim silicone case works just fine, and even smoothes out the camera bump.

I dropped it from above waist height onto a hard floor and there was no visible damage to it.

>monkey want shiny
80% op people are fucking retarded tge phones are a fashion acessory not a communication tools for them.

also high performance in smartphones is absolutely unnecessary, all that power is wasted only on GUI bloat and Web 2.0 useless amimated cancer.
basically the more power the phones get tge more bloated shit gets, demand for power is created by supply.

>the designers compete to create the slimmest and the most fragile design.
>customers want to get the slimmest and the most fragile product withminimal battery and most hardware features removed
>so they could put it into a thicker harder case and addthe removed functions with external dongles

that is the fucking joke.
iNiggers and the retards that are tryong to copy them are fucking retarded

>>j-just don't drop your phone idiot
It's not even a matter of dropping your phone. Modern phones are so damn slick that they slide off tables if you haven't put a case on it.
>put the phone on my bedside table and turn off the lights to sleep
>minute later hear a thump
>phone slid off the table onto the floor
>think maybe I placed it down on the table weirdly and put it back making sure it is in a spot where it shouldn't move
>still slides off after a minute

>in the bathroom getting ready for my day
>put phone on the sink bench
>"oh shit it's going to fa-
>too late it already fell off onto my tiled bathroom floor
Luckily I half caught it and there was no damage but shit is fucking annoying. Why would you make something so fragile, so big and so slippery.

>why
its a fashion, not a utility item.
they areml made so you could show it off, then drop it to death andvgo buy a new one, the more you drop the more new ones you buy.

Go buy a rugged chinkphone if you want a utilitarian product designed to serve a purpose.

I did buy a chinkphone, got a Mi 5s. I wanted USB-C and NFC.

This has to be fucking bait, normal fags put their shit in cases too, the phone is still the same price with or without the case. It's like saying why put shutters on your masion.

I bought my LG G5 for $150

>"D-don't like what I don't like!"-the thread
Jesus, Sup Forums

the point is that smartphone design is fucking retarded.
A phone has its own case - the fucking body of it.
the very fact that they make those bodies insufficent but shiny so you would need to put another body on top of it and cant see how shiny it is is fucking retarded.

thats not like shutters, its more like buying a truck for your sport car and driving the truck with your sportcar in it.

It's more like having a mansion made out of glass and alumium that is so fragile that the entire building has to be covered everytime there is strong weather.

Had iPhones for years now with no case, including an X currently. No problems. Back in 2013 I chipped the edge of my screen in Vegas. Walked into an Apple Store and walked out with a new iPhone after $100 AppleCare deductible.

i mean my wallet case also keeps it from activating in my pocket among other handy things

If you want it come and take it from me.
If you think you can, you still don't know me.
Let me tell you, man, when I said it, I meant it
and I will always have the right to defend it.

Phones need to stop being so damn slippery. More importantly, phones should be designed that they don't need a case.

I remember babying my HTC M8 and still received one long horizontal crack. Time passed and I upgraded to the iPhone 7 using no case. I dropped it several times on concrete and on tiles inside. Besides the phone being prone to scratches, it runs well.

fuck off shill

I'm sure there are other phones that can hold up as well. My old HTC held up pretty well since I'm pretty damn reckless with phones.
The iPhone 8 looks terrible in terms of durability.

If I were to shill any phone, it'd be the Essential.

fuck
off
shill

>using a mobile phone for anything besides calls, sms, and the calculator every now and then.
"Smart" phones are a mistake.

>everyone should be as basic as I am
Get a dumb phone for your dumb needs.

buy $1000 flagship phone every 2 yeears
>"Hahaha retard wasting his money"
>Proceeds to buy $500 midrange phone every 6 months
>Ends up spending $2000 every 2 years on half decent features and outdated hardware.

Because on a plan it works out to be like 10 bucks more a week and most people arent that poor

This.
macrumors.com/2017/11/06/iphone-x-breakability-drop-tests/

I bought a broken note 4 2 years ago. Put it in the freezer and it worked again
Still using it.

I bought it for 70€

I wonder if the anti-smartphone luddites ever lived in the days where you carried around :

Walkmanp
Paperback novel
Notepad+Pen
Dumbphone

As part of a EDC. Good smartphones are here to stay.

What was "broken" on it? Battery, I assume?

Why? I already have a phone. Are you just looking to start an argument?

I buy a phone for no more than 200€ every year.

I don't understand the point of getting a flagship, specially when after some time you can't rely on updates from the manufacturer anymore and you have to juggle between ROMs, each with their own issues. Not to mention I use a smartphone as some utility, not some luxury that I can barely touch because it's shiny and beautiful and expensive.

Years ago I would see the point of expensive phones, seeing as cheap ones were frequently laggy and 300€ would still get you something like a 4.5 inch phone with 1GB of RAM and a 720p shitty screen, but today I just don't know what I would want something like a Galaxy S8 "hey, now you don't have to wait for a second for an app to open up, just a fraction of a second". I see those tests with the iPhone and current flagship phones opening apps and I'm like "nigger, do I look like I'm going to open 20 different apps in a minute?"

Seriously there's luddites and then there's people who seem to force themselves really think they actually need half of the shit these new phones provide, just to rationalize their own purchase. I'm consumerist as shit and I still don't get this.

Yes.

Well at least you're honest.

There's definitely a plateau for phone features that will satisfy the average tech inclined user. Truely 'transformative' features that require a phone upgrade are few and far in between.

The problem is that the software keeps getting more and more bloated with each passing generation. You'll eventually be forced to upgrade at some point when your 'sweet spot' hardware falls off the middle of the curve unless you never update your software again.

>owning a dog
>questioning the decisions of another human being

I guess, but it's still considerably cheaper. My Moto G4 came out in mid 2016 and it's working nicely.

Because you got it on a lease as part of the killer deal the verizon rep at walmart sold you. Only ten cents a month, yo!

An $800 phone isn't just better in terms of looks. Performance, features, specs, etc, should be better, depending on what flagship you'd get. A $300 phone most certainly can't do everything current flagships can. Protecting you phone with a case is kind of the same as insurance. You buy a $30 case to protecr you $800 phone. A lot of cases are even aesthetically pleasing.

My flagship phone(s) came with a case for this exact reason.

Namely:
- UMIDIGI C NOTE 2 (Wasn't a flagship for long)
- BLU Vivo 8

>buy a chinkphone for 200$
>use it until its dead
>2-3 years lifespan until battery loses capacity
> about 70$/year spent on phobes

yoy are a delusional consumerist faglord brainwashed by marketologists thinking that buying a phone every year is normal.

they dont even get better or anything.

the timespan for general purpose software suchas the browser and music player is actually veey long, it takes many years for the browser and maps to stop functioning on a phone that used to handle them snappy

>we're human and mistakes happen

I've owned smartphones for close to 10 years now. Haven't dropped any of them even once (although I did go for a swim with one) - stop so butterfingered.

>We have to make the phone super thin because ???
>Oops! It's too thin and flimsy. Time to get a case!

This. I haven't dropped a phone once and I'm clumsy to the point of being functionally handicapped. I've owned smartphones since the Desire HD but I've never dropped a dumbphone when I was a kid.

*blocks your path*