Why are kindles so overpriced? You can buy a shitty budget tablet for like $50 that can do what a Kindle does

Why are kindles so overpriced? You can buy a shitty budget tablet for like $50 that can do what a Kindle does.

Other urls found in this thread:

mashable.com/2017/11/14/amazon-kindle-most-popular-books-all-time/#PmTB_JVMLZq3
github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Features-list
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They are kind of useless too since all the textbok pdf's I find can't be used on the normal kindles.

they are for girls who want to read erotica on the bus

e-inks are a lot more expensive than some shitty leftover tft

The only reason you buy an e-reader is to read a lot, for which the e-ink screens are great.

Pic related; my Kobo Glo HD, running KOReader

Is there a good, cheap, device that can reliably read pdfs of all sorts (say textbook, technical books, pdfs that are scanned images)?

There is only a single company manufacturing the displays.

Also they have to maintain the software stack. E.g update libraries.

Chuwi hi8
Or a used nexus 10

amazon fire for $50

>tfw love e-ink and would love a digital paper style tablet but they all seem overpriced as hell
Anyone ever tried the reMarkable tablet series?

patents hindering progress as usual

Cheap on ebay

Use your computer or get any tablet.

thanks, i'll poke around

Because irs great, the battery lasts for aeons and kindle unlimited 1 month sub with fake credit data and 3g on ur tab where u can load books from like anywhere.

I love it

Is the Fire 7 recommended if I can get it for 40 bucks right now?
Never had a tablet or an eReader, but I would really like to read stuff on something bigger than my phone screen.

>Girls
>read

Webm?

sorry?

Literally this.
mashable.com/2017/11/14/amazon-kindle-most-popular-books-all-time/#PmTB_JVMLZq3

Because most tablets don't have the additional feature of a landing strip on their bezels

Can you post a webm (video recording) while you use Kobo Glo HD, doing different tasks like PDF pages turning and manga pages turning??

Kindles are really meant for those who are avid readers. If you just like to recreationally read a book every once in awhile then I wouldn't suggest getting one. As to your question they're expensive because of the e-ink displays, there's a monopoly when it comes to manufacturing them.

what utter fucking garbage

it's like women just buy whatever is on the first top-10 list on google

holy shit women get some fucking taste

I don't think kindles are that expensive that it's a leap even for hobby readers. E-ink really is fantastic, I hope the manufacturing arm of it opens up more cause I want more Pebble style smart watches.

Too much effort, pageturns of epubs and .cbz (zip) is faster than you can read a page.
Dont have any pdf's, as i'm a weeb who mostly reads manga.

manga in CBZ/CBR?
Do you just rename the zip files or do you re-process the images for the e-reader?

>.cbz
Can you open .cbr files with the Kobo? I thought about getting one to read books as well as comics.

.cbr is ComicBookRAR, it doesn't do that, but it does .cbz, which is zip. I usually just zip up the scans, no need to actually name it .cbz, it'll read .zip as well.

github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Features-list

When does it end?

Tried reading manga on my kindle. Too small imo

reading manga on ereaders is a meme, only brainlets do it

>cant read pfg
>cant read epub
why do people fall for this meme

I fell for it because I didnt even consider it. I just assumed it'd read EpUb. Waste of money

You can convert any epub file to a Kindle file effortlessly with Calibre. And vice versa from kindle files to epub.

Modern Sup Forums, everyone.

>the numale struggles to grasp the reality of gender differences

Drag and drop works on Kobo.

Paperwhites were literally $50 last week.

Calibre is good for organizing your linrary and eliminating doubles/old books you dont read or dont want to read.
Also it copys everything in its own library folder so if your device dies you dont loose all the shit

I hope they drop again

They are a great investment if you READ things apart of manga and technical books.
A paperback book is around 15-20$.
You get an ereader for 50-70$ and you can get as many books as a the congress library in a SD card.

oy vey, dont diss our glorious patented overlords, goy!

Not even /lit/ but holy fuck