Are coffee-lake processors a bunch of junk? They barely give you any noticeable improvements over previous generations...

Are coffee-lake processors a bunch of junk? They barely give you any noticeable improvements over previous generations. The 8700k when it comes to gaming is on par with the i7 2600k and double the price.

The benchmarks and reviews on the I7 8700K are also not to be taken as legitimate, simply because ASUS motherboards for one have an option called "multi-core enhancement" that is set on Auto. What it does is it basically over-clocks your CPU without your knowledge.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tbGT-u4i3EY
youtube.com/watch?v=xhuC8Tf9i3I
zdnet.com/article/intel-were-ending-all-legacy-bios-support-by-2020/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>gaymen

get a PS4 faggot

the power saving alone is worth the price

>30fps

Neck yourself.

Maybe, if the 2600K is heavily overclocked. But yes, its on par with a 5820K (Same clock) which was the same price three years ago. From a 2600K it should be a 50 % advantage, more smoothness and high-FPS.

>if the 2600K is heavily overclocked

But you are wrong, boy. 2600k is basically nearly on par with the 8700k gaming wise.

Can you prove it? It may have 20 % less FPS (which would be at least near the 8700K) but its clearly faster. It has two additional cores. And a bit of IPC gain at more clock.

2600K sucks if you run them on their base clock, 4.5 Ghz+ are still fine.

>Is a gamuhr
>unironically tries to nitpick on a technicality he has no comprehension of.

I5 8600k is a beast and anyone who claims it runs equal to their 2gen is in pure denial of wanting to upgrade
>get ps3

>a beast

Ow that's a REALLY good argument. Very credible. You sound like a real expert on the matter. The image posted with your argument was also very informative. Thanks. Real good contribution to this thread. Totally "upgrading" my 2nd gen CPU now, although it runs anything I throw at it.

No seriously. For gaymen 2nd gen is fine. If you need more threads for other applications an upgrade is needed but Intel is not the best way to get those threads.

Interesting, but only five titles, and I don't expect the 2600K to be worse at 60 FPS. 6+ cores only shine when you are going to drive 60+ Hz.
Would be a downgrade for me, I'm enjoying this kind of performance since 2015. Paired with Quadchannel DDR4 and a longer lasting platform.

I wouldn't upgrade if I was the 2600K guy and play at 60 Hz.

the whole point is that if you are doing a new build _right_now_ the current state of the art is pretty good

if you are 'upgrading' you wouldn't use this shit

it's for system integrators and the lot to one-up the competition's selling points

like fucking read a book on business

>Neck yourself.

AMD Ryzen > Intel

CPU brand name > company

>tfw upgrading from FX 8320 to i5 8400
I still retreat buying that piece of shit after almost 4 years.

The mobile chips ( kaby R) should be decent, but they are a response to Ryzen mobile. If you look at intel's plans for 8th gen, they want to include coffeelake as desktop, kaby-R as mobile, and cannonlake as core m

All in the same generation because they are running out of numbers.

went from a 8120 to 1600x. probably the ssd had a more substantial difference

Upgraded from i7-4770k to a ryzen r1700 at 4ghz 3200mhz 14cl and noticed a big bump in smoothness

And now I have a 8700k 5.2ghz at 3600mhz 14cl and it's even smoother. That cpu is great. Glad ryzen made Intel actually work a little on that one, 6 cores is sexy

It isn't that far off, really.

From the 2600k came 3770k, which was just a shrink to lower nm process and no improvement on IPC.

The 4770k then had 5-10% better IPC, 5775c only had other improvements such as better igpu.

6700k again had 5-10% better IPC, 7700k had nothing, and 8700k is the same, only with 2 extra cores.

So that means from sandy bridge to coffe lake, there's 10-20% better performance at best if they all ran at 3.4ghz like the 2600k.

This is what is so funny about the people "upgrading" their rig to the latest every new gen. Such a waste.

It's really stupid. There's no reason to upgrade every time a new CPU is released. Only reason I would upgrade before the minimum threshold of 3 years is if I was using a CPU and it suddenly got damaged. Or if there is a huge leap in processing tech.

>claims CPU is shit
>uses gaming as an argument
When will these people just die from drowning in their own piss and tears?
It's the fucking [[[current year]]], ANY FUCKING CPU CAN DO A DECENT JOB AT GAMING, so how about you learn to actually do something productive with your system instead of playing games all day?
Maybe if you actually had a job you wouldn't be shitting yourself over a $50 difference between chips and just buy whatever improved your productivity.
But no, you have to stick around with a dinosaur and find some straws to grasp to convince others (yourself) that it's fine, when it's really only fine for your sad use case, which is jerking off to 2D mongolian prostitutes and pretend you're saving the universe in some galaxy of micro-transactions far far away.

This made 0 sense, just end it mate

This, I upgrade when the RAM changes, so DDR5 in 2020 is next.

Source?

From one point of view, it is quite awful how greedy intel is. But from the other one - if 2600k is almost as good as 8700k, and 8700k offers like 20% or more better single core than ryzen, that means that 2k17 ryzen pretty much can't win 8 years old intel architecture in single core.

The AMD stuff was designed for data servers, they just falsely rebranded it as a gaming chip, it is not. I built a threadripper workstation for FEA, it is at least 200% faster than Intel.

add moar coars

If you consider that Intel:
- has been lazy since SB
- only now got off their ass by adding +2 cores to KL
- still charges extra for SMT and overclocking
- still insist on not soldering the lid
- only paper launched CL (with no stock) months early because Ryzen was kicking KL's ass and Pinnacle Ridge will be a major threat in February
, they're not looking so hot right now.

I'm not much for Nvidia either in the graphics card department, but at least they have the performance over the competition to outweigh their corporate tactics. Unless money's no object and you can afford to splurge on a watercooled 8700K. or if you're some weirdo who exlusively plays Arma 3, I don't see much of a reason to not buy Ryzen

RyZen is great, I have two systems and use the coffee lake system as my gaming machine. But the R7 1700 is great too

>a heavily oced 2600k preforms almost as good as a modern 8th gen in specific examples while drawing quadruple+ the power

I'm not even an Intel shill but come the fuck on.

5GHz OC on my 8700k.
I don't see the issue.

Can't you tell what a GPU bottleneck is you cum guzzling nigger?

>le 2600k barely unoticable to 8700k meme
lmao you fucking retard

Gaming wise, 8700k is as good as sandy bridge

Not that guy, but there has been multiple videos showing the performance different of the generational i7 processors:

youtube.com/watch?v=tbGT-u4i3EY

youtube.com/watch?v=xhuC8Tf9i3I

Pretty much wasting your money if you are buying an i7 processor and you already have an i7 2600k and upwards.

You think these neckbeards living with mommy pay for electricity?

Do the math on how much electricity you are saving from that and realize how utterly dumb it is to use that argument for a desktop CPU. The reduction in power draw is an argument for mobile CPUs because of the obvious limitations with the battery.

>The 8700k when it comes to gaming is on par with the i7 2600k
Nah. Definitely a 5% minimum improvement in gaming, and that's assuming a GPU bottleneck.

>The 8700k when it comes to gaming is on par with the i7 2600k
From where do you draw this conclusion?

>literally, Ryzen > anything Intlel

>trying to be witty and looking retarded instead

holy fuck maybe read the fucking thread before jumping in and looking like a clueless Sup Forumsfag

a whole 5%? that's astounding! totally worth the upgrade!

That's minimum. Best case scenario. Assuming it's a game that's well designed and able to take full advantage of the GPU without maximizing the CPU...which precludes the majority of games available today. Most modern games at 1080p with a decent GPU you'd see a much more significant difference.

>runs like a beast
>already capping out near 100% CPU

They're a great deal, you get a free operating system + web server included.

Am I supposed to be able to fucking read that?

(OP)
>>gaymen

>here's a ps4 you child, the ps4 is for professionals, although you said gaming once I'll assume your whole post is for gaming

>even though you're paying more to play the games you already own and paying extra just because they're on PS4, the power saving alone is worth the price

I have an fx 8320e, would it be better if i got a cheap i5 2500k for gaming?

>get a ps4
>for gaymen
What? Why would I buy a blu ray player for video games? I want to play games not watch movies

zdnet.com/article/intel-were-ending-all-legacy-bios-support-by-2020/

lol intel