Let's discuss human wings. What kind of technolo/g/y do we need to make it happen?

Let's discuss human wings. What kind of technolo/g/y do we need to make it happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yPZ3goRCdWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the kind we dont discuss here

Hoomans are too heavy, and their body strength is spread out all over and really not designed to be able to run wings efficiently

I think you're better of on /tg/, OP.

You'll need a 1 meter sternum to be able to connect all the big-ass muscles to.

Just make the wings larger

>Gee, I can totally fly with wings that weight 3 times as much as I do and cover 10 times a longer length

Just wear an exoskeleton, geez. Do I have to think of everything for you

Flap harder, fatty.

DNA merging a human with a birb

You'd need a wingspan of about 14 meters.

We are 6-8 times heavier then the heaviest birds. Even those birds have either troubles taking off (albatross) or can't fly very efficient (mute swans).

We will not fly by our self on Earth, period.

That's called an airplane and it actually works.

>airplane is an exoskeleton
Wat

birds have hollow bones

well, isn't it?

The hell, am I on /ic/ again?

My understanding is that exoskeletons are extensions of your body... well I guess the plane can be seen as an extension of the pilot. But that's stretching it pretty far. You may have a point though

It's not necessary to fly.
All you need to do is control your Ki.

>But that's stretching it pretty far.

Yeah, I admit to that but I'm afraid this is the only way to have a flying exoskeleton.

To get the wings shown in the OP, you'd need insect genes.

>To get the wings shown in the OP, you'd need insect genes.
>insects have feathers
t.american educashun

I SAID FLAP HARDER

> What kind of technolo/g/y do we need to make it happen?

Genetic engineering to make human bones lighter, and also to add required musculature to actually fold/unfold and flap them.
The downside is that you'd end up with incredibly brittle bones that would mean you'd be mostly incapable of doing anything without breaking your bones once you hit >40.

just get a powered parachute you autist
ask /diy/, they might even show you how to build one

You can grow wings with the Magic of Friendship.

>Genetic engineering to make human bones lighter
I can see no problems with this whatsoever. Carry on dr. Evil

We need to go bigger

You'd probably also want a more efficient breathing like in birds.

Even if we had wings, people wouldn't fly.
We all have the capabilities to go for a run, yet everyone is fat as fuck.

Just wait around another 28 thousand years or so.

Yall wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=yPZ3goRCdWQ

this reminds me of the "is this a sandwich?" threads on /ck/ where people post shit like soups in bread bowls and pizzas

Yep. Lighter bones are important. Perhaps even having mechanical wings. Although that doesn't solve most of the issues. Take off would be difficult. There is a reason large birds like Albatross rarely land.

The biggest argument for some form of wings working is pterodactyl and flying dinosaurs. Some of those were extremely large and surely show a precedent for potential flight for a human. Estimates of weight were 260kg. But, that includes the wings. To support a human wings would need to be large and likely very heavy. Very difficult to judge without trying to see if it works.

a miracle

That is fake as fuck you dummy

You need a big gas engine to improve the strength/weight ratio of the human. The you make a suit powered by pneumatics to help transfer that power, and some how slave to your arm movements. End result? Working wings, done.

You can make them out of pure carbon fiber or some mixmash of rigid material and fabrics. The latter might be better if you want them to fold, but you cant carry fuel internally that way. Bird wings aren't as efficient as bat wings. You wouldn't power the wings, but you can use these. I think I would prefer the engines go on my legs though.

not being fat as fuck, technology

>exploding arms versus exploding legs

I'm not sure I would feel comfortable with either.