DRM / HDCP

>have a huge bluray collection
>gay ass HDCP (DRM) is ruining my setup because I use a fucking Audio Receiver between my TV and PC.

Why is it that DRM always ends up fucking over the paying customer while pirates never have to deal with it?

Quit stealing intellectual property, thief.

it truly is stupid.
I would buy movies and shows if they just gave me the files to do with what I wished.
If I want to put them on my NAS and watch them on Kodi I should be able to.

Why would I pay for videos that are associated with an "app", and why would I buy blurays when playing off the disc yields problems as you describe and ripping them myself just gives me the files people have already dumped online.

pirated movies don't have HDCP. only legit copies do.

Digital handcuffs, user.

yup. never buying any movies ever again

Pirates care about people, companies care about their money.

>buy blu ray like a law abiding citizen
>cant play it, need a blu ray optical drive
>makes sense though
>put it in
>doesn't play on VLC for example
>need proprietary software that you also have to pay for
>even if you did you still might have the wrong display, connector, gpu, something like OP
>if you have the right thing though, still cant play unless pay :)
>use MakeMKV, which you have to pay for when it comes out of beta
>spend overnight reencoding it
Or, you could pirate it and watch it right now.

Can you output the sound from the TV to the receiver?

Why would you need an audio receiver, goyim? Just buy a new full home theater setup from bose! You get what you pay for!

>DRM always ends up fucking over the paying customer
its working as designed. that's what its meant to do.

Vlc plays blurays back just fine if you download the aacs library.

It's not included with VLC because that would be illegal

VLC can't do shit.

just use AnyDVD, it removes the DRM so you can playback the bluray using whatever you want.

this is a good solution, or use a HDCP compliant splitter and there will be a direct path to the tv

>VLC can't do shit.

It's literally built in anticipation of the AACS dynamic library. If you install it you can playback blurays without having to rip them to remove DRM.

If you have a bluray collection, its by far the easiest method i've found.

I'm pretty sure I did it right but still got an error trying to play a movie. I tried using VLC nightly too because some random article said it has playback, as if it was native or something. I'm probably really stupid so I'll try it again.

Ive been using it for a few years for playing back my blurays.

I also go through the effort of stripping the DRM and encoding for storage on my server.
But I still have the discs for many things (planet earth, lord of the rings box set, harry potter box set, etc)

Just find a pirate copy. You already bought the disc and morally speaking it's fine if you don't give that pirated copy to anyone else.

Keep it up buddy :^)

I think this is the best solution for him.

>cucking yourself
ishygddt