Where did it all go wrong?

Where did it all go wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=21orCM7KkRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's an artificial country, like Syria, Jordan, Israel and every country in the area. All of those countries will not exist in a century.

Israel + muslims

youtube.com/watch?v=21orCM7KkRI

le user :DDDD

Why does anyone even hold them up to some crappy Western European status like Merkel? We know they're illiterate, don't know their age and whatever. I would die for Western Europe but I know what they think anyway, so.... Handle it yourselves, we could make them shut up within 2 hours.

The French changed the borders from the ottoman mutasarrif when they created Lebanon to include a much largerer area that was mostly muslim into a christian territory

>make a completely artificial Christian state, named after a fucking mountain
>this "Christian" state literally has 49% Muslims at ita inception
>next to artificial Jewish and artificial Muslim states
>take so many refugees that at one point 75% of your country is Muslim (down to 60% now I think)

Nationbuilding doesn't work, especially if done as stupidly as Lebanon. It was a mistake from day one.

muslims

>Lebanon
>wrong

As shitty as things are, it's far better than all the other countries around it.

War.
My father said Beirut was the Paris of the Middle East

The moment Muslims started outnumbering Christians. Coincidentally that's where everything went wrong in the Levant and North Africa as a whole. Really makes you think.

>My father said Beirut was the Paris of the Middle East
Not only that, the entire country itself was the Switzerland of the Middle East. Until the war, of course.

War.
Radical Islam.
Refugees.

It's pretty fine here.

All countries are artificial countries, amigo.

Are you Christian or Muslim?

What do you think of Syrian and Pali refugees?

Muslim, refugees is a rough topic over here, we don't want them taking the jobs from actual Lebanese citizens, but we don't want to damn our fellow Arabs by deporting them. It's a difficult topic.

sunni or shia?
Thoughts on Hezbollah and Syrian Civil War?

They welcomed too many Muslim refugees

But is there a big cultural difference between Levantine countries (Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Palestine...)?

Why do Lebs have so few children?

The Levant is sorta like the British commonwealth, we all write the same language, but we all say it a little differently and our cultures, while being very similar, are different.

Sunni, honestly, Hezbollah and Hamas can fuck off, I sympathize Palestine, but I'm tired of my country hosting a proxy war between Iran and Saudis.

Have any answer for this lad?

Higher standard of living and we're not in the middle of a civil war so we use stuff like birth control and condoms.

Visited Lebanon in June, it's actually quite chill

What is a rough % estimate of the Muslim population in Lebanon being Sunni or Shia?

It's about 50-50 Shia-Sunni here. Used to be more Christians than Muslims, but then over 1/5 of our population became refugees, but it's starting to go back.

Thoughts on Israel?

Iraq is also 'incredibly fertile' if we're only talking about agriculture. The fact is that despite being attacked by almost everyone of its neighbours, having to start from very little, and having no bounty of natural resources like the Gulf states, Israel is now one of the wealthiest and most prosperous nations on earth after just 60 years.

I have nothing against the people of Israel, provided they aren't massive cunts, they just want to live their lives. The government can fuck right off.

Having the most powerful nation in history shoving billions upon billions into your infrastructure helps boost your wealth.

When we left the country.