OK this is the last nail in your coffin you rabid beast, first you trashed all my add-ons, updating without me agreeing...

OK this is the last nail in your coffin you rabid beast, first you trashed all my add-ons, updating without me agreeing, now you trash my motherfucking tabs, all tabs gone because you're not even able to do that on your own, that's why I used the Session Manager extension that you rendered obsolete.
FUCK

What has firefox made you lose with Quantum?

Other urls found in this thread:

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
blog.mozilla.org/firefox/quantum-performance-test/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>what did you lose
Nothing. Addons I use aren't made by retards.

RIP puppy

Why when I close firefox there are still like 3 processes of it running?

Joke on you my addons were made by (You)

good. bye.

>t. sjwzilla employee in damage control, blaming users and developers over bad corporate decisions
pathetic...

What will you sue instead, Chrome?

an extensible browser

now it's basically chrome so why not use chrome

>m-muh privacy
so you use tor and VPNs exclusively? didn't think so.

>now it's basically chrome so why not use chrome

This , exactly.
Why don't they understand that Chrome is number one because of Android and people browse internet mainly from their phones now,but firefox had ONE JOB and fucked it up changing the desktop Firefox...

what is the best firefox alternative? waterfox vs palemoon? I refuse to continue using firefox without cookie manager or download them all

Maybe if you weren't using abandonware addons from shit devs you wouldn't have any problems. WebEntensions has been around for a long time. Not Mozilla's fault you use trash extensions.

Chrome is the best firefox alternative

chrome doesn't have good addons

Chromium user here, just here to say that Mozilla gave addon developers a years notice minimum to update their addons.

They have had more than enough time, now Mozilla is purging the addons that couldn't be arsed to get an update

You can tell how awesome Quantum is by the desperation of the chrome shills.

webextensions are excessively restrictive. For one, they can't fix the god awful UI

It's not just a matter of getting around to it, there are fundamental features that simply cannot be ported.

Source?
Also why not just Moveā„¢

The entirepoint of moving to the webextensions platform is to make it so that extensions can only use pre-defined functionality. The stated goal is to reduce breakage of extensions when the browser updates, and for "security". This is of course ignoring that anyone who actually uses addons can easily work around these non-problems.

if you don't like how Firefox I'd going, vote with your uninstall button and start a Firefox fork and reimplement the old extension system.

>I'd
Thanks "smart"phone

I agree, in fact I came in this thread to ask which to pick

The browser. I'm using Vivaldi now.

Why should developers have to update addons to chrome style addons?

Why not just switch to fucking Chrome. Myriad of addon support was the only reason to use FF, now there is no fucking reason at all.

>no about:config
>shit UI and you cant even change it like in ff

Cute, a firefox shill, you want to make us believe that with the new API devs can do as much as they could before? No
You reddit extension doesn't count.

firefox is free software user, why not fork?

Good webm playing performance. Still like it.

The fact the piece of shit software has terrible memory leakage issues.

Pick Related.

>Got rid of classic theme restorer
>To change UI now I have to literally program an entire website
>The alternative is it looks like fucking Chrome

>fake news

>what is pale meme, ice cat and seamonkey
Less butthurt options are available.
>thinks he got memory leak
>not reporting it as a bug, not even showing the browser
meh

>now you trash my motherfucking tabs
BOOKMARKS
ARE YOU RETARDED

>I refuse to continue using firefox without cookie manager or download them all

I'm sorry exhentai is broken for you. That must be tragic, must be Mozilla's fault, right?

That would be too cunning from OP.

Even MS Edge is faster than SJWcuck.

Chromium of course blows it out of the water by a huge amount.

Normally nobody cares about meme benchmarks aside underage losers.

I dont think its a memory leak, I know its a memory leak.Firefox has had memory leak issues for a while since 54 they just never bothered fixing the. The longer you keep it running the more resources the shit takes and I did report it as a bug.

Luckily the fix is the same as previous versions for the most part. Enjoy your memory leaks.

>disable pocket
>hide caption titlebar plus
>exhentai
>noscript
>self-destructing cookies

Anyone want to share their about:confugg pages to turn off pocket?

>bookmarks being superior to tabs

>Normally nobody cares about meme benchmarks aside underage losers.
Funny you mention that because the benchmark I ran was created by Mozill and linked to from their Quantum release announcement (mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ --> blog.mozilla.org/firefox/quantum-performance-test/)

How much are the gay pride parade paying you to post such embarrassing comments? You Firefox shills are like puppets on strings.

Not a problem here. I use it on a potato too with 1GB ram.
>tabs and bookmarks are interchangeable

Not really if you want something to stay loaded

The only good benchmark from them was bananabread. Maybe try using the browser and not fucking around with your bs.

Is it impossible for you to bookmark a loaded tab? I hope it isn't. :^)

>faking a memory leak by enabling caching of 100 closed tabs, then opening 101 tabs and closing 100 leaving RAM used
Okay do tell, how long have you had firefox open for this to happen? Because I don't even close mine more than once a week and use it every day, since I just minimize the browser and suspend my PC and laptop when I leave home it's basically being closed once every 3 days on both devices. And I have yet to see it spike over 3GB of RAM usage.

>>To change UI now I have to literally program an entire website
No you dont, ff still gives you more options ootb. And you atleast have the option to change it more with css which is easy because most stuff has already been made and you just copy paste. And you didnt even mention about:config because you know chromium browsers cant come close to it.

>not using the ungoogled variant of chromium that removes all jewgle botnetting and has all the efficiency of chrome.
I bet you fuckers think Ghostery actually protects your privacy.

Had it open for 30 minutes had 10 tabs open memory started spiking the longer it was open didn't notice till my VM's started crashing checked and firefox was using over 50% of my Ram.

Maybe don't open fork bombs with the browser. Also you haven't posted the window of the browser and the bug report. Fishy.

Yes, it gives you more options, but it removed a large portion of those options.

It also removed a lot of options from about:config.

>It's just copy and paste

If you want your browser to go back to how it looked when you were using classic theme restorer like I was it's non-trivial.

>tfw Save Image in Folder is broken
>tfw no proper replacement on FF or any other browser
not to mention the new UI looks like ass. all I want is to be able to save images into specific folders from a right-click context menu

>2017
>using antifaware
very very dishonorable

>updating without me agreeing
Uh, you kept your automatic updates on or what?

I recently updated to 56 (from 55.something version) and right after it notified me that 57 update is available. Shoving nothing down my throat if the update setting on "check for updates but let you choose to install them".

So how is chrome a better ff alternative then? It cant even do half the things 57 can?

I'm not using Chrome.

>baiting this hard

You can't be seriously comparing bookmarks to tabs....

Op here, decided to roll back to FF 56, tabs from previous sessions are nowhere to be found tho.
I guess the FF SJW detected that I browse anti-feminist websites and decided to punish me.

Or, more likely, you're just retarded.

follow the reply chain next time

"Chrome style addons"

WebExtensions is the standard. Are we going to start calling it chrome style HTML as well because chrome uses that?

Botnet.

I think you meant "that rendered you obsolete"
because if you are saying firefox made it obsolete you mean that firefox was in every way superior to it

>now it's basically chrome so why not use chrome
But if it's basically chrome then what's the point of moving to chrome?

Time to go to bed son.

I mean there's a myriad of reasons I stopped using Firefox ages ago.

I turned off updates. I'm still on 54. Should I just switch to something else?

Basilisk

tbqh I discovered a shit ton of cool extensions since people complain they don't work

Exactly. Save pages you want with bookmarks.

not firefox itself. But Mozilla is a dangerous organisation. I will never use their stuff voluntarily.

Rikaichan doesn't work on this new faggot version of Firefox.

Alternatives that aren't krome?

Tabs are easier to manage, bookmark for me are useful for more permanent stuffs.

The faggots at Firefox's add-on page seem to recommend Yomichan, but I cannot personally attest to how useful or helpful it is as a replacement. Consider asking if anyone has experience using it in a /djt/ thread.

>using a browser plugin
>not using a separate full-featured program
what the fuck is this, weeb preschool