CPU Package: 71 degrees

>CPU Package: 71 degrees
>AIO cooler radiator: 38.4 degrees
Uhh is this normal or is something fucked up?

This is when running Prime95, the CPU idles at 43 degrees or so.

Is this also true if you have the fans at maximum rotation velocity?

Prime95 is a thermal bomb.

under load or idle?

Stop using a cpu thats a nuclear reactor. This is air cooled.

you should have listened when we told you to delid this

anything under 30min is not a stress test just fyi

Pump failure

pump broken or not at maximum rpm.

I know - but after 8hrs of prime95 it still won't break 60c and is rock solid stable. Hell getting my ram stable at 3200mhz was fun - the memtest I was running spat an error our after 6 fucking hours so after a few tweaks to the bios it held solid for an 8 hour stress test.

Is the system new?
are you sure the pump is sitting correctly on the cpu?
because the pump is running at near tilt

shouldn't the water be hotter if the pump failes?

I currently have the same issue as you and I have yet to find how to fix it yet outside of getting a new cooler. But let me tell you some things i have done which have helped a lot along with explanations for each.
1. Removed the entire cooler and cleaned it top to bottom. Doused the rad in propyl and cleaned the rad in the sink. Sometimes there can be thin layers of god knows what on the fins that prevent the fans from properly transferring heat. Also, sometimes there can be small clogs or air bubbles in your liquid that can cause it to become hot due to low flow, removing the cooler and cleaning it can usually help this as when you're walking around with it and moving it all over the place the clogs can get dislodged.
2. Obviously check the thermal paste, however in this case since your CPU is getting hot and your liquid is also getting hot you can confirm with about 70% accuracy that you don't have a problem with heat transfer from the CPU.
3. This one is genuinely retarded but works. If you notice your liquid hovering around the same temperature quite often such as (37) and not moving much, no fucking joke here if you tap the AIO block over your CPU with your knuckles for a little bit the temp should go down (which would indicate either pump failure or a clog) (More likely a clog cause pump failure could be seen if it's jumping around RPMs)

Best of luck to you bud and I hope we both find a solution to this.

Nope, not new

If your using anything Intel and have not delidded don't expect good temps. Intel's thermal paste under the IHS is pretty much a bottle neck and has a hard time even getting the heat from the die to the IHS for the CPU cooler to even cool the CPU

See here
It's a post 20C update 1700x, he doesn't have jew TIM and I doubt the solder is cracked

No I have an intel 3770K, shouldn't be housefire tier

3770k isn't soldered

intel 3770K uses TIM and has always ran hot compared to the older sandy bridge

Well fuck. So there's nothing wrong with the cooler/pump/whatever?

There's no point in getting a cooler like this if the heat can't be removed from the die.

You're right was looking at another thread, my bad

Better cooler helps, but it can only help so much before you hit diminishing returns when you have an unsoldered CPU. I personally don't bother with AIO coolers since an air cooler that is often cheaper and does just as good a job while being quieter as long as you can fit the cooler in your case.

Is it possible that the the thermal paste got weaker in time, or the cooling surface got detached slightly even though it was screwed in?

If you go the spare thermal paste. I'd repaste it and make sure it's screwed in abit more nicely if your that worried

lol?

Yeah I should do that. There's another (non AIO) cooling system in that case so I wanted to avoid touching anything to be honest.