"Red Pill" me on torrenting music

So I pay 10 dollars a month on Spotify which I'd like to avoid because I'm a poor student.

I'm thinking of getting pic related but I'm afraid that torrenting is extremely tedious.

>Search for albums and individual songs
>Check for viruses
>Wait for a seeder to download said music
>Check quality
>Transfer

And if I want to find more new music I'll have to download hole albums/songs just to give them a listen.

I've never torrented music before so am I overestimating the tediousness of downloading music?

Other urls found in this thread:

interviewfor.red/en/index.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gota_Yashiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Soulseek + pic related

>Get a Youtube video downloader
>Paste in URLs of HD music lyric videos
>Convert to MP3
>done
Ezpz

>Check for viruses
you must be underaged or retarded
shit like that only happens if you're stupid enough to ignore the .exe extension

>Search for albums and individual songs
>Check for viruses

I'd keep paying that $10. Consider it brainlet tax. You're the reason why Limewire etc. was filled with 'naked celeb photos.exe' and 'eminems new album.exe'.

>illegal activity
>logging in with proxy or tor is bannable

what did they mean by this

>I've never torrented music before so am I overestimating the tediousness of downloading music?
yes

>Check for viruses
lol

just kill yourself op

>get INSTANTLY BETTER sound by installing our (root) app
>RICHER and WARMER sound by simulating an amplifier
>Make your music sound LOSSLESS with enhanced frequencies.
literally just an equalizer+virtual surround. what kind of retard falls for this shit?

came here to post this, fpbp
use soulseek OP

Will definitely check it out tomorrow.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is being ironic or not

I think you guys misunderstood me. I don't mean that I'll run the files through a meme anti virus, just that before downloading I'd have to check the available downloads on which ones are legit or not.

As I said, I haven't torrented music before but often times I see added files to downloads who waste space or even worse, are malware.

>So I pay 10 dollars a month on Spotify which I'd like to avoid because I'm a poor student.
Spotify allows students with legitimate .edu emails (so non-American'ts are outta luck I think) to get a 50% off discount. I only pay 4.99 a month.

interviewfor.red/en/index.html
Click at "Knowledge" and gave the entire section a read to get into torrenting music.

A.R.I.S.E is amazing without having to mess around for hours.

This is a really good deal but unfortunately I live in Sweden. Apple music offers the same deal though but the app is pretty buggy and unpleasant to use.

torrenting is literally fire and forget
> see added files to downloads who waste space or even worse, are malware.
I'm guessing that you're also ignorant about other audio related shit like .cue files and playlists

Why has my phone been constantly telling me Viper4Arise is harmful?

Not OP but can someone give me a quick rundown on Soulseek? I installed the qt version but I don't really understand how it works.

Because you got Jewgled, there's nothing malicious in it.

Your right that I'm ingorant. I honestly hope and believe that your right because this makes the transition much less worrisome.

Not really instilling confidence, but okay.

I got the whole Gapps package and Play Protect never warned me about anything, ever. And I have a shitload of pirated apps.

>not using spotify++

wew

it's simple, really, you open the program
first time it asks what you want as your username and password, not really important
then you can set which folders you want to share in options->file sharing(you can only download from some people if you share something)
when you want to download, you push the search button, type in the thing you are looking for, and that's, look at file sizes to make sure they are really the songs you're looking for, but I've never had any problems in this department
it's really simple, but if you want a torrent, rutracker got a lot of shit on it, check Sup Forums for instructions

What the fuck are you doing nigger just get your music from rutracker

wow thanks
yeah I'm currently just using rutracker for most music torrents but if this is easier I'll start using it

it's not hard at all and there are definitely some artists/albums you can't find on rutracker
but for more 'mainstream' things, rutracker is still better and quicker sometimes

You can avoid shit like this. I still use Spotify (with a hostfile adblocker) but I still keep my own library for offline listening.

newalbumreleases.net

>he literally cannot afford $10 a month
>or $5 a month for the student membership
>or just cheat the system and abuse apple music and spotify free trials

you're actually fucking pathetic OP.

Source on mp3 player in pic please.

>buy a clip zip
>put rockbox on it
>put a 128GB microsd in it
>download a flac discography of every artist you've ever enjoyed
>compress it all into opus 1.1, 192kbps
>put it all on that clip zip
pure bliss

Xduoo X2, some cheap chink shit do not buy

Any good mp3 players in 2017?

>>Check for viruses
Protip: if it doesn't end with (.mp3, .wav, .ogg or .flac) it's a virus. If it's named "free-mp3-download.exe" and you run it, you're a retard

I have a AGPTEK ROCKER, serving me well

Only music player I know of that isn't chinese bullshit is Fiio x1 but even then a cheap smartphone you get out of a prepaid bundle for $50 would be decent enough

just use a decent tracker and that's not an issue, also malware is never an issue if you don't run random .exe files
my go to site for quality and obscure music is rutracker

the best ones are all old. sansa clips for the tiny form factor, or a modified ipod gen 4-5 (put an ssd/microsd in it).

I see 3 different versions of Viper4Android on magisk, which one am I supposed to get

stop

i can only get so comfy

>can someone give me a quick rundown on Soulseek ?

sure ! you dowload it
you get confused by not having to register an account even though it asks for one
you find a few tunes
you wait for other people to finish using that persons machine with the stuff you want
you get that stuff at slow speed
you find more stuff by some asshole who has it locked up and unavailable
you get pissed off and find out the rips you got on soulseek come from some guys music blog
you go there and never use soulseek again

true story

I used to pirate music, but I've been using spotify now for a few years. In my experience, it's worth it. It basically comes down to how much you value your time.
Let's say for a generous example that in both scenarios you already have a 1000 song playlist. This is generous because downloading 1000 songs (even if we assume 100 albums) will take an age. You want to add a new album to that playlist.
On spotify you search the album, then drag the album into your playlist. Done in about 10 seconds.
To torrent, you load up the site, search for the album, find a torrent with a decent number of seeders, download it, move the files into wherever you store your music, rename the files how you like, then load up your music player, load up your playlist, and add the new songs into the playlist. Total time (assuming nothing goes wrong) probably about 5 minutes.
Now let's say you do this 100 times.
Spotify takes 1000 seconds, or about 17 minutes.
Torrenting takes 500 minutes, or just over 8 hours.
That's without all the added ballache of storing it, dodgy torrents, worrying about quality etc.
For the sake of a pizza a month, it's worth it.

How have you literally never pirated music before?

how safe is getting music from pluspremieres?

Clip zips are no more, my friend.

Oh and also don't forget that spotify is actually legal and morally sound (supporting the artists you like), as well as the difficulty involved for finding torrents of more obscure music.

for finding new music, things like spotify are great.

for listening to albums i enjoy and want to hear on a regular basis, it's much more convenient to have an mp3 player the size of a matchbook loaded up and ready to go. yes it takes some time to do all that, but only once.

sadly. but they can be found for reasonable prices if you hunt. got one on ebay last week to give as a present.

I think it was Gaben said years ago that if you want to beat piracy, you simply offer a better service. I think he was spot on. I used to pirate everything. Now I use spotify for music and steam for games. I still pirate tv and movies, because netflix doesn't provide me with a superior service (many films and shows are missing, so why pay?). If something like Netflix came out that contained all the movies and shows (or at least with the same kind of success rate as spotify or steam), I would sign up in a heartbeat.

What if the artists I like are dead?

Then that point doesn't apply, obviously, but at least you're keeping it legal.

>You're the reason why Limewire etc. was filled with 'naked celeb photos.exe' and 'eminems new album.exe'.

that was me actually

Torrenting is legal where I live so it doesn’t matter either.

The artists I like aren't there.

It's only good if you own a local like a shop, bar, or whatever and want to put music legally, then just play the top songs or really well known ones.

Ok well then consider the several other reasons I gave and stop being difficult.

Which artists? I'm curious as the selection seems pretty good to me.

Interview for RED

>Not converting to flac which is uses more space

huh. thought i was the only one.

>doesn't have to wait for seeds
>you only need one song anyway, not the whole album. worst still if it's zipped.
>all your ISP see is you visiting youtube. low likelihood to get a DMCA letter.
>get those covers that aren't sold online or anywhere.

I go from ALAC to 192k AAC with my 128GB iPhone
close enough I guess

I'm also rocking the rocker, battery life could be better. Normally I barely have to charge it once a week but it isn't ideal for very long vacations with lots of travel.

Just use soulseek and quit being retarded.

This is what I do too, FLAC on PC converted to AAC for mobile. 222G lossless, 87G lossy.

I was going to write up a long post but in lieu of that I'm just going to say to continue to pay your $10. You seem lazy as shit and you're doing this thing that my mother always does to try to justify not doing something; making things seem more difficult and tedious than they really are in order to avoid it all together. Truly a recipe for success.

I used to have a separate lossy folder but now I just have it convert on the fly from ALAC whenever I do a sync. Takes a little longer but saves a lot of space.

soulseek is retarded

seems like a great idea until i selected more than few albums in my jriver media centre library that were DSD and accidently did a 6channel downmix to stereo opus

> 6ch DSD to 6ch 32/384 to 6ch 16/48 to 2ch opus 128
> room heated up
> could see that transcode on my electricity bill

delit mulchannel from that day on

If on android download a cracked spotify or pandora radio app.

>could see that transcode on my electricity bill

>listen to a lot of punk rock
>try out spotify to look for new music
>it keeps giving me that faggy band Rancid
>keep ticking off that I don't want to listen to Rancid
>it keeps giving me Rancid
>it tries to give me a Rancid song every three songs

The algorithm for Spotify is fucking stupid.

>they don't know about deezloader

Nu Sup Forums.

Does the Sansa Clip+ with Rockbox support microSD cards larger than 32GB?

Some European countries may have it. I live in Hungary and I could use my university email address to get the discount. Now I only pay 2.49 euro.

>low

you stupid nigger

The real "red pill" is a private tracker account and a seedbox with Plex or Emby/Kodi.
>vast selection, much bigger than spotify
>your own personal streaming service
>never worry about ratio
>don't have to leave your computer on all night
>no risk of nasty letters

>1000ft
>1hónapnyi zenéért
user, you are being robbed

Not to sound like a massive hipster but the music I listen to is literally too obscure to torrent in any sort of reasonably easy way. Spotify offers all this music instantly, not to mention it recommends new music too.

Not that user but some weeb shit isn't on there. I don't mean anime shit (which is also missing), but just Japanese artists.

Specifically Gota isn't fully represented on there. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gota_Yashiki

No Floral Shoppe. No Dr. Dre. It's excellent value for $10/month but it's not perfect.

The real redpill is to not be a pleb and start listening to indie music. Most indie artists give their shit away for free or are too poor to afford a legal team. 99% will just be stoked that someone is listening to their music.

i too discovered this when i got into synthwave / retro 80's

explain?

God damit Sup Forums first you make me fall for the thinkpad meme, now this, y'all need to get out of the 90's

>paying for music
>thinking ISPs will do jack shit about people pirating

>only need single songs
What the fuck?

Inb4 edgy

Wouldn't it be in your best interest though to support does indie artists so that they can produce more of the music you like?

Bro, do you even listen to whole albums? I get tired of a band in 2 fucking songs.

You may have some sort of attention disorder

If your family uses spotify you could get the spotify family deal, your mother or father would pay double the price of one account for five separate accounts. This is meant to only be used in a household but I've moved out my account still works.

Annars har spotify i sverige också studentrabatt, så nyttja den om du nu är student

Yes

On one hand, it doesn't really answer my question. I can listen to an 8 min song by Carbon Based Lifeforms no problem but two songs by a lot of bands and I'm done.

On the other hand, you might be right there. Any idea how I can get a doctor to recognize it?

>because I'm a poor student.
Perhaps if you were a better student...

>Annars har spotify i sverige också studentrabatt, så nyttja den om du nu är student

Europoor detected!

There's an option to toggle SELinux which is triggering the warning probably. That gets Google's protection service all riled up. Used v4a for a while with gapps and never had this happened. Only problems I had were the SELinux toggle app on XDA.

Creative Labs Zen MX, the little black one. Small, battery lasts for ages and it takes SD cards so you can pretend it's a minidisc player.

it ain't meme

for me, it's a private sekrit club

Why not just rip audio from youtube VEVO channels?

>compress it all into opus 1.1, 192kbps
elaborate

I'm the only one listening to ASMR and erotic audio?

>300€
WTF, my phone was 290 €