Galaxy or iPhone?

>have iphone 5 for 5 years
>still works perfectly
>only 16GB and want more space now
>check out samsung galaxies and iPhone 7
>same price compared to iPhone 7 ($20 a month for 30 months)
What is the appeal of androids? I had one way before my iPhone 5 and the only difference I noticed between those was being able to customize your home screen and downloadable apk's for free apps.
So, in essence they're both pretty much the same because:
1) Who gives a fuck about customizing your homescreen
2) Who gives a fuck about free apps
3) Both do the same thing
The deal breaker here is obviously how it looks and iPhone 7 is clearly the winner.
Before I make a decision, however, is there anything I should know about a Galaxy that I'm missing other than swappable external storage? I think 128GB is sufficient since I've been living with 16GB for 5 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhzPLQhWa0
youtube.com/watch?v=dUMH6DVYskc
washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/johns-hopkins-researchers-discovered-encryption-flaw-in-apples-imessage/2016/03/20/a323f9a0-eca7-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html?utm_term=.d4b7b03614f4
bgr.com/2016/03/21/iphone-imessage-encryption-hackers/
thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html
hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/
9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/
engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/
cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/
mybroadband.co.za/news/software/234274-put-123-in-your-iphone-calculator-and-get-the-wrong-answer.html
news.softpedia.com/news/iphone-8-plus-battery-bursts-while-charging-destroys-case-and-screen-517860.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/iphone-bug-letter-i-apple-keyboard-ios-update-software-people-unable-write-type-text-a8039706.html
apple.com/privacy/government-information-requests/
9to5mac.com/2014/03/01/how-to-use-airdrop-to-share-files-between-ios-devices-poll/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vault_7
bgr.com/2017/09/25/iphone-8-plus-case-needed-drop-test-oof/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

battery life for startets

Also get the oneplus 5 instead, it's faster, has better battery life than samshit and aplel

Next is charging time.

iPhone 7: 3 hours to get to 100%
oneplus 5: 1 hour for 100% and 30 minutes for 60%

Next is performance, webm related is 3T but it's only slightly slower than the oneplus 5

In fact maybe the oneplus 3T is a better deal due to no jelly screen and camera OIS.

I have an iPhone ten and first i was a bit skeptical, I mean, $999 for a phone? That's almost as much as a laptop. But then I realized that I actually use my phone much more than my laptop, so it makes sense to spend more money on it, so from this standpoint it's actually quite cheap. And let me tell you, I don't regret it. The feeling of the phone is so luxurious, so pristine. It's completely unlike any phone I've ever used before. Don't get me wrong, I like android too. The galaxy phones are really nice devices, but that's what they are, just devices. The iPhone ten is in a league of its own. It's not just a phone. It's a complete experience, and honestly, once you've tried it you'll never look back.

stale pasta is stale

The benefit of android is that you get all of your information turned over to the government with out question and sold to other companies for advertising purposes.

next is connectivity

iPhone 7 lacks the headphone jack, bluetooth file transfer, and has limited wifi transfers which the one plus has

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhzPLQhWa0

youtube.com/watch?v=dUMH6DVYskc

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/johns-hopkins-researchers-discovered-encryption-flaw-in-apples-imessage/2016/03/20/a323f9a0-eca7-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html?utm_term=.d4b7b03614f4

bgr.com/2016/03/21/iphone-imessage-encryption-hackers/

thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/

mybroadband.co.za/news/software/234274-put-123-in-your-iphone-calculator-and-get-the-wrong-answer.html

news.softpedia.com/news/iphone-8-plus-battery-bursts-while-charging-destroys-case-and-screen-517860.shtml

youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/iphone-bug-letter-i-apple-keyboard-ios-update-software-people-unable-write-type-text-a8039706.html

To me the biggest feature of Android is having a file manager and being able to use it as an external hard drive, just plug and play and you can transfer whatever you want.
The guy who made this picture was a little butthurt but he raises some valid points.

The equivalent of bluetooth file transfer is the AirDrop which is exclusive to iOS devices.
Also, the dongle unfortunately exists.

Copy and paste whatever you want but it's not comparable. Dude, I understand that any device you use will have flaws and backdoors but It's about what the company does. Google willingly and openly sells it's users information, it's not right.

airdrop is very limited in what you can share and requires an active wifi AP. Android's wifi-direct doesn't have this problem.

So you're gonna ignore his sources and pretend apple doesn't sell user info to the feds which is literally worse than third parties?

No, I've used airdrop without wifi and a wireless data before. It definitely works.

proof?

Because that's one of the reasons why I didn't fix my iPhone 6 plus for apples $300 fee after it got touch disease.

I miss vomit. She was the girl Sup Forums didn't deserve.

There are no sources there that claim that. It's all about security flaws in ios. Did you even look at his list? Apple is known to not give private information to the government... or did you forget? I understand you're an android fan but the truth is the truth.

apple.com/privacy/government-information-requests/

I sent pictures from my an itouch to my friend's phone at a tacobell. Tacobell had no wifi and my itouch had no data.
Also, 9to5mac.com/2014/03/01/how-to-use-airdrop-to-share-files-between-ios-devices-poll/
Literally google.

Why would you trust anything apple tells you. They're compulsive liars.

google give your information to the feds kid. Apple actually doesn't. Apple basically gave the middle finger to the government, it was all over the news.

Cool, I'm still glad I left iPhones behind, now I can share any kind of file/folder between my devices quickly.

then please explain
and pic related

Do you want a pat on the back? Good for you

Source on that? If I recall, it was the feds that had to break into that phone. So why would apple break into phones for them, then not open it for them?

same for you, it's all good m8

What matters in the end is we're happy with what we've got. These apple vs android threads are turning into endless 8.

It was all a big PR stunt, vault 7 confirms it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vault_7

that image has absolutely nothing to do with the subject you're trying to argue.

Yes it does, apple's word has no value as they've blatantly lied multiple times.

You can get 2 galaxies for an iPhone.
Apple makes good products. Seriously.

But since the normies are willing to pay whatever apple demands and since keeps demanding more and more with every new generation to maximize profits, the prices have gotten quite outrageous.

My iphone 6s charges in less than an hour to full %, you have no idea what you're talking about

Remember Apple's "most durable glass back"?

Turned out to be an absolutely horrible lie to customers.

bgr.com/2017/09/25/iphone-8-plus-case-needed-drop-test-oof/

but wait even if Apple does comply with the feds 80% of the time. Google does it more and also sells to third parties? It seems like the android users here are fine with that but get pissed whenever someone points out that apple does it much less? I don't get it.

proof?

Do you have a source on google doing that?

yes im gonna record a video of my iphone charging for an hour for some random user online. go kill yourself faggot

you constantly ask for sources on common knowlege. Why not GOOGLE IT?

oh ok, then go choke on cocks

source?

nice.

How can I get 2 galaxies for an iPhone?
I literally went to my service provider yesterday and they were both the same price.

why are android users so obnoxious? jesus.

What do you expect? It's a fucking phone. What kind of gullible retard do you have to be to assume shit won't break if something falls?

They need someway to release their pent of energy from going the ""non-normie"" route on purchasing a phone.

Well, at least here in German, I can get the Galaxy S8 for 499€. In fact, I ordered one yesterday to replace my Lumia 640.

iPhone 8 costs 800€ (okay, so maybe not that one) but the plus costs 900€ and the fucking X starts at 1150€.

Are the prices really that different elsewhereß

>The deal breaker here is obviously how it looks and iPhone 7 is clearly the winner.
You already 'made up' your mind, shill.There was never a decision. Go shove your iFail up your ass.

>iFail
Good one comrade!

No need to be mad, Pajeet.

what?

>Who gives a fuck about free apps
iphones have free apps though
>i-i don't need to g-give proof!!!

I meant paid apps for free.

pathetic samefag

just give it up kiddo.

the appeal of androids is that they are customizable, and the ultimate crazy bitch filter
>ewww u have android
>*breaks up*
gold digger whore averted

nice html edit soyboy

fucking this