What went wrong with PC cases?

what went wrong with PC cases?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QwvfRwFx7ZM
ebay.com/p/Dell-Alienware-Area-51-R2-Case-Chassis-Build-Your-Own-Gaming-Computer-Read-AsIs/2264966367?iid=182361891443
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LED RGB bullshit. Who wants all that shit flashing, but only the most autistic of people?

Nothing. Do you want the old overheating closed box cases?

This happens every few years
PC cases go from plain boxes->LED riceboxes->plan boxes->LED riceboxes etc

Thank god we still have lowkey designed quality cases like Fractal R5.

I own that case.
One day I hope to blind myself with LEDs while and cry about how autistic I am for owning an all tempered glass PC case. Then when my friends come over and tell me how stupid it looks I'll tell them they just don't understand the PEE SEE mustard race.

LED that have LEDs on the LEDs which are themselves composed of millions of small LEDs arranged into a lite-brite sign on the case window that spells out "LED".
Minimalist designs that are so minimally minimalist they don't even have holes for airflow so your components fry.

Nothing. Can get an Antec 300 for like $40 delivered. Modern era rocks.

>you will never see a re-birth of keyboard computers.
Instead...
>LOOOOOK GUISE MY COMPUTER GLOOWS DIFFERENT COOOLOROOOORS XDDD PLS UPVOTE R/RGB ONLY $400 FOR THE CASE BEST PURCHASE I'VE EVER MADE

All cases nowadays want to be filled with muh RGB and glass to the point they forget about air intake and internals.

If you want good cooling you either go with older models (think of silverstone FT02, TJ07, Phantom 630 , HAF X, the original cosmos, etc) that probably aren't made anymore or get some big ass case from caselabs or the be quiet dark base pro 900.

Literally can't wait for this tempered glass meme to end.

>lets go back to the day of sheet metal off-brand Dell cases

What I like is compact ATX because i dont use 5.25 drives but the lack of 3.5 bays gives you almost no options but the p400/p400s and the caddies are dlc past 2 of them

Desktop thread type people.

You forgot your computer in the last thread user.
Here, I got it for you.

I can't understand why there aren't more plastic moulded case-only cases. Is the mould production really so expensive? Should cost like plastic buckets, with a pressed metal sheet inside for the fittings. Plastic doesn't look cheap. At least they went back from aluminum.

>there are people on Sup Forums right now who unironically cram all their components into a tiny box

Better than that new Thermaltake garbage

A friend of mine works at computer part retail and Fractal’s cases sell almost as much as all others combined. Guess that they really found a good market slice for themselves by making cases that look mundane in a good way.

autistic people don't like flashy shit

It's not just that they lack rice, it's also that they're very functional. Same reason I pretty much only buy Phanteks.

>>you will never see a re-birth of keyboard computers
What the fuck do you think a laptop is? Even without the battery you’re limited by thermals and higher prices.

>not buying a dead computer from the 80s and making a casemod out of it.

case modding and Mini-ITX is where innovation is being made.

>what went wrong with PC cases?

Transparency. Small ass windows included. Prove me wrong.

who /master race/ here

>not understanding that consumers got tired of looking at the same type of computer cases for over 20 years... (1985 - 2005)
>not understanding flashy things sell

I have this case.
I like it. People like it.
You can mount it on a wall.

I like that idea!
Why don't we make full plastic PC cases?
They could be 3D printed for added cool.
They could be any color, texture, configuration, whatever.
Pros: lightweight, durable, cheap
Cons: I can't think of any

>who /overheated/ here
ft4u

Those 5" drives better be usable or else you are just a hipster.

mate my girlfriend used that case for her first build and she fucking loves it

desu only issue i had with it was that we bought a big ass NZXT water cooler and the radiator literally didnt fit in the top unless we dremel'd a heatsink on the mobo. there was no way we were getting a fan up there so we just left it without one, and runs really cool anyway so who cares (30c)

we replaced all the fans with nzxt colored ones since the corsair ones are loud as fuck

:)

I don't get it.

Cons: No electromagnetic shielding in either direction, no common system-wide grounding plane, some plastics soften when they get exposed to the heat a computer is capable of creating, not as strong as metal

At least the trend of "extreme amounts of plastic that makes the case looks like it is from fucking Transformers" in the early/mid 2000s didn't come back

kek

I just use a bland chinkshit case with decent cooling. Who cares, it's just a box.

>Who cares, it's just a box.
Oh boy! Are you ever in the wrong place!

>tfw when I still have a Thermaltake Chaser mkII.

_ _

It's an asian smiley face

¨0¨

██

Gamers

My local Frys has one of these set up right at the front of the store and I always think it's a 3D printer when I see it.

nothing,
it's been perfected.

nice airflow

>>you will never see a re-birth of keyboard computers.
What the fuck are you talking about? Smartphones are already just as powerful as a desktop from slightly under a decade ago and video games are the only real mainstream software that actually takes advantage of the past decade worth of hardware advancements in a way other than just adding bloat. Give it a year or two and you'll be able to get an SBC that's more than capable of being used as a daily driver for anyone who is semiconscious about not running bloatware, at which point you could just velcro the case to the underside of your keyboard and have a "keyboard computer". Honestly though, keyboard computers were a dead end and a VESA mount makes much more sense today since you aren't tying other user interface devices to your computer as a single unit.
>inb4 but I want something more powerful than an SBC
Keyboard computers were always the lower end offering.

>Mini-ITX
1 new case every 6 months

mines clean like this but white. airflow is perfect and its minimal af

kek

oh man there are so many good cases in this pic, i am not even fucking around.

why would you admit this on Sup Forums ?

>mines clean like this but white. airflow is perfect and its minimal af

i think you are confusing that for this

>ywn own a passively cooled xeon in your life

I mean I have a xeon server too but it has a fan ohnoez

Thoughts?

No

because he has been here longer than you

audible chuckle

They fell for the memes

youtube.com/watch?v=QwvfRwFx7ZM

Fractal's cases will still tend to run hot due to not having mesh fronts on most, Meshify C is dumb because I can't just slap a magnetic dust filter to the front.

Im gonna build with this one today lets see if corsair still can make good cases

sleep next to it user. do it. right on you bedside table.

Been using the HAF 932 for a long time, also in the works of building a new 8700k rig. Going to reuse the 932 case.

Great air flow, also just works.

There are just a small amount of ways you can make a case given the internal layout dictated by the motherboard. With the R4 we got to almost perfection, and the R5 became perfection, anything else is just aesthetic. Since companies need to keep selling shit, they're pushing into the aesthetics because that's what sells nowadays. The only advancement will happen when we will be able to properly integrate hardware and case for optimal cooling and maximum silence taking minimum space into a single design and this will require a revision of the ATX standard.

Very nice,

It's not about the case it's about the pc gamers that never stops showing his EPIC PC GAYMING BUILD to his internet social friends.

When are we going to get some nice elegant wood cases?

My dream is to have a glorious hole in the wall behind my desk so i can make a tiny server room on the other side and put my systems on a rack in a small airconditioned room.
Some UPS too for good measure.

No more bullshit, just monitor and usb hub cables.

i've had this for years, the silence is the best part

PC cases really need to get with the times. There's no need for the same gigantic pillar with space for 4 disc drives (who uses discs now?) and space for 6 HDDs.

Meshify C already has a dust filter that fits in the front, it comes with the case.

There are so many ways you can use your time, why make a thread like this

Probably the need for more case fans and greater sized graphics cards requiring more spacious cases in addition to case builders wanting their product to look cool compared to contemporary 6th and 7th generation consoles. A lil while after that I think people just said fuck and decided to make everything glow.

Gaymen culture

how well does that mesh front work as a filter? was going to buy it but kinda hesitant since it isn't the same filter they use everywhere else seems like they compromised quality for AESTHETICS

I'm not sure, but I'm picking mine up later today and I can tell you my thoughts if the thread is still alive by then.

Anyone have the pic of the user who tried doing this and managed to destroy his roof?

you would know that wouldn't ya

>not r4

>Tempest EVO
Every fan led has die years ago, one 140mm with coil whine, one 140mm broken, one usb port broken, audio/mic jack broken
This isn't something I like to spend money with, even more when there is roughly no good case (not much expensive) with type-c and good airflow.

Also, everything is tempered glass now.
Not so terrible tho, at less they come with 3x intake fans + 1x out

Since /pcbg/ isn't up

Can someone write me a checklist of all the little wires I need to install into my new case on the motherboard?

I have an Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG and there's fan controllers, RBG LEDS, something called PWM controller, theres the front panel switch.

I've installed the CPU,GPU and everything, but i'm overwhelmed and procrastinating plugging everything in and getting the pins correct

>muh 90s yellow plastic
kill yourself

best case ever

Just read the guide of your mobo scrub

>no atx compliance

It's shilled shit for hipsters.

Nice cloud!

I like to shill the Silverstone Raven series for their perfect airflow, entire bottom is intake with 2 giant 180mm fans, and top is all vent (mobo IO up there) so air rises along and past the GPU instead of it being a big airblocker plate. It's good to see some fucking slight innovation (the basic consideration of how hot air ...rises? whoda thunk it!)

Apparently they've patented the 90° rotated mobo to fuck over everyone else... but hey patent law is retarded, the cases are still good though. I have the RV05 but have been a little stung by only having two 3.5" and no 5.25", it has pushed me toward better solutions like a NAS and less hoarding though.

Nope
Wish I could get my hands in one of these

Closest thing I Could get for you user.

gamer girls ruined everything

>what went wrong with PC cases?
People wanting flashy shit to show off.

I got you. Haven't posted in years but these are only screenshots I have saved from Sup Forums. Pardon my iPod from years and years ago.

You mean this thing?
ebay.com/p/Dell-Alienware-Area-51-R2-Case-Chassis-Build-Your-Own-Gaming-Computer-Read-AsIs/2264966367?iid=182361891443

That's all I have.

Yeah, but I live in SA, shipping would be really expensive.
that's why i can only wish