Need to take proctored exam

>Need to take proctored exam
>Linux not supported
>Haven't dual-booted in 5 years

Shit wtf do I do? should I just use a VM? But the botnet software that my class uses has to see my sexy face via webcam and keep track of me in my room to make sure I don't cheat/fap during test time (I also think they require a mic for some fucked up reason).

I was just thinking of installing windows xp black, because you know fuck michealshits. Or maybe installing Win 8.1 on a trial period just to take the test then purge it forever from my machine...but parts of me feels dirty even having windows on a separate partition.

What do, Sup Forumsentoomen?

Other urls found in this thread:

psionline.com/test-delivery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Guess it's time to drop out of school.

vm nibba

just use a VM, it's easy enough to attach a USB webcam to a VM

VirtualBox won't have any problems with webcam/mic? Never used those components on a vm before.

Bloody hell, I'd leave on the spot if my school asked something like this of me.
Can't you take the test on a school computer or something?

i've used USB devices in both virtualbox and qemu without issue
or rather, one specific device, a 3D mouse

>USB webcam to a VM
Okay, sans buying shit I won't ever need again with money I don't really have, I'll just try a vm and if it gives me issues with my laptop's cam, I'll just format a partition for Windows for 4 days.

Damnit, why can't these shitty proctor exam software programmers make their horrid fucking botnet compatible with linux already? Its pretty much 2018 and almost everyone is taking online classes in one form or another.

Especially since its MacOS compatible and MacOS is UNIX based. Fucking pajeeeeeeet

your laptop's camera is probably internally USB, so that'll work fine, too
it doesn't need to be the external USB ports

The site says its needs chrome only. You can also use a smartphone for the camera, if you have one. Sounds like a sack of shit desu

>tfw when the botnet wants me to fail

if it runs on chrome, you can just run chrome on linux

Its this stupid shit
>psionline.com/test-delivery
(The proctored test part)

Hmm, I don't see it saying chrome compatible, but then I'd almost prefer M$ on a vm or its own partition to downloading the ultimate botnet..

> create windows 10 partition
> update it, install the minimum needed software
> disable and delete shit you don't need
> make image
> install totally-not-a-trojan school shitware
> take test and erase partition when done
> image available next time you need to submit to the botnet
easy peasy

Send them a stirn letter
"Your class requires nonfree software to run.
This is a violation of individual freedom and ethics. Furthermore, it stands against everything education is supposed to be about.
Please change your class software so nonfree software is no longer required and there is an option for free, libre, and open source alternatives."

F-ING BEAU-TI-FULL. I will do this exactly. Thanks user!! just dd the partition, I assume will be the best way to make the .iso? Can't trust these f'ing not-a-trojans.

Lol, sounds good mate, just get RMS to sign a copy and I'll send it ASAP via snail mail.

/thread

we used to use only free software where i study but on my 4th year here they just went full botnet and installed windows 10 on all machines.
now i'm on an windows domain and can't even update my browser.

Look into installing Windows on a pendrive.
Or just use a VM. USB webcam and audio input should work fine.

Very nicely written, Ms. Stallman

kek'd

> F-ING BEAU-TI-FULL. I will do this exactly. Thanks user!! just dd the partition, I assume will be the best way to make the .iso? Can't trust these f'ing not-a-trojans.
Sorry for the late reply. To create an image you can use Windows' built-in creation tool. Keep a thumbdrive with an ISO on it and you can restore it any time. I didn't consider the issue of the boot loader though (just create an entry and leave it afterwards?), you'll have to figure that out yourself since my loonix skills are rusty.