What programming language should I learn Sup Forums?

What programming language should I learn Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

teachyourselfcs.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First? If first then pic related. If not first then pic related.

Assembly

java sir, quickest way to get a job

binary

yeah lets waste time on an archaic language no one ever uses today
ok ty im learning java

html css
if you have advanced knowledge of computer science try javascript

/thread

Depends on what you plan to do with that.

If you want to become a serious programmer, you will learn a lot of important concepts with C or C++. It's good to get a job as well. But it's not that simple. It's quite fast too, so it's good for games.

If it's just a hobby and if you want to start with something easy, Python is a general purpose language. It's good for academic uses as well, keeping a good conversation with R and MatLab.

If you want to create websites, you may consider Javascript or HTML.

For a general purpose language that can be also used for Android apps, Java. The syntax is a bit messy, but it's a very versatile language. Oh, and it's good to get a job.

I started learning Python and Java at the same time, and I had a good experience. When Java started to annoy me, I could relax messing with Python.

>>batch

Learn the concepts not the language you retarded fagget

teachyourselfcs.com/ bro...

D language. Mark my words when normal people realise that Rust is just a SJW garbage abomination and C++ is bloated as fuck and full of shit (which has already happened) the time of D will come.

javascript and go.

Learn programming concepts. The language doesnt matter, they all have the basic tools you'll need (variables, if-statements, arrays, loops, methods, etc.).

>D language. Mark my words when normal people realise that Rust is just a SJW garbage abomination and C++ is bloated as fuck and full of shit (which has already happened) the time of D will come.

(You)

html and css are not programming languages

>[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Edit]

Which arch though?

you literally program the machine
in this case to display
css is turing complete actually

As some people pointed out, HTML and CSS are markup languages.

But if we want to be more pedantic, Javascript and PHP are not programming languages as well, but scripting languages.

But anyway, I understand that people are mentioning these, since OP seems a little clueless for now.

I'd recommend OP to make his own research on the mentioned languages to see what suits best his goals (web, games, general softwares, calculations, etc).

All of them.

serioua answer?
java. without the script part.

Rust. Even if you don't use the language it teaches you a lot about writing safe code in general.

>I used to work as a programmer, but I eventually gave up because I couldn’t find a job, and ended I trying to make a living selling fantasy novels. Maybe this last fact shows that I’m not a great programmer (though there might be other factors in play). I love Rust because it makes me feel more confident about the code I write, and the strict compiler compensates for my lack of discipline.

If you want a serious answer, learn C, it will help you understand software at a lower level and will teach discipline.

JavaScript is an interpreted language, and thereby a programming language. There are also JavaScript compilers btw