Why do they make the process of unlocking your bootloader such a fucking chore...

Why do they make the process of unlocking your bootloader such a fucking chore? I just want to install lineageos you fucking chinks

Other urls found in this thread:

review.lineageos.org/#/c/64967/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Normies are slaves using Windows. I hope you don't use Windows otherwise you're not authorized to complain.

What does using Windows have to do with Android bootloader, mongoloid?

You're using Windows?

Their official "Mi Unlock Tool" is only available on windows you fucking sperg. I'm not gonna use some shady third party software to install botnet on my phone.

I just got a new Xiaomi phone, turns out I have to spend 72 hours on their shitty bloated OS before I can unlock the bootloader.

Does that OS exist for Xperia Z2?

Slaves tears are best tears.

Remember to capture the unlock keyfile so you can lock and unlock it offline.

They explain why on the forum post that tells you how to do so.
Baddies where buying up mi phones and pre loading them with malwares then selling them on eBay. So they did a half passed copy of the scheme google cooked up with Motorola. But with a vendor specific implementation so you need to use the windows software that has terrible error messages.

Not really related but I've updated today to MIUI 9 stable today but those chink fucks removed automated tasks from the global version. Can I downgrade to MIUI 8.5.4.0 without having to do a factory restore since they're both based on nougat?

How do I do that senpai

hello pajeet

Never mind it worked

>Changed to Lineage
>Notice the screen lagging when scrolling long pages and battery not lasting as long.
>Must be my imagination, Sup Forums is not full of retards.

- 2 weeks ago -

>MIUI 9 Global Stable released for Redmeme Note 4.
>Install it.
>Snappy as fuck, almost a full hour of extra screen time. No issues whatsoever.

Fuck you mongoloids.

>Why do they make the process of unlocking your bootloader such a fucking chore?
It's terrible beyond the ability of words to describe. Here is my incomplete saga:

>acquired redmi 3 as soon as it launched
>comes with fastbooted miui-eu ROM and locked bootloader (the latter is the default)
>can't unlock bootloader despite having permission because it needs to be done through the developer version of the original ROM
>tried to install the developer ROM using EDL and google's fastboot from linux
>failed miserably, doesn't work
>need fucking miflash
>try to install windows on my GPT hard drive so it doesn't overwrite the entries on my SSD every time it feels like updating
>installer keeps saying the UEFI partition can't be ntfs
>it ISN'T
>installer is a buggy piece of shit and I can't install windows
>try to use vmware
>windows vm bluescreens trying to install miflash
>try virtualbox
>can't get it to detect the USB port

IT FUCKING HURTS TO LIVE.

>implying lineageos is indian
>implying an indian OS would be worse than china spyware
enjoy your botnet

>meme'd to buy a shitty chinkphone
>use backdoored software
>calls other mongoloids
the state of Sup Forums

>the state of Sup Forums
All phones are botnet, so you might as well get the usable ROM, you imbecile.

I need HELP!

I have a Xiaomi Mi5 and i unlocked it and install TWRP and successfully installed Lineage Os but my wifi doesnt work!

I reinstalled MIUI 8 and MIUI 9 even and the wifi doesnt work on those either. My phone is unusable right now and not even the Mi support can help me...

>all phones are botnet
>this damage control
I'm sorry but my lineageos enabled smartphone (costing me less than a chinkphone) runs only open source software and I'm pretty sure has not "botnet" feature except the radio firmware
>muh scrolling
>muh battery life
you sure know what's important brainlet

>and I'm pretty sure has not "botnet" feature except the radio firmware
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's literally THE botnet feature. Also, it probably comes with gapps, you massive fucking plonker.

>THE botnet feature
except it's not, otherwise explain why iphones are not crackable, they don't have a radio?
>comes with gapps
lineageos doesn't ship gapps you fucking masturbating monkey and I clearly didn't flash them
just admit you tried to unlock the bootloader of your shitty locked down spy machine and didn't succeeded so know you are pretending you didn't need it

So Tyrone's job is harder

>otherwise explain why iphones are not crackable
But they are. Just not the encryption, and that's not the kind of attacks one can exploit by having control of the radio, mouth breather.

>lineageos doesn't ship gapps you fucking masturbating monkey and I clearly didn't flash them
Good job, hopefully all of the firmware is also open. Enjoy your half baked poo-ROM and inability to use most apps to their full potential.

You twat, lineage is actively against unbotnetting

review.lineageos.org/#/c/64967/

so faking google signature (as needed for unifiednlp to work) is being botnet-friendly?
what's your supposed better solution for this problem?

Cellphones are inteded to be personal-information gathering devices for:
- your carrier
- your os developers
- your app developers
- anyone they might be inclined or compelled to cooperate with

This is because your information can be monetized efficiently, so there's a strong demand for it.

For this reason, everything possible is being done by to keep all of your personal information:
- on the device or the 'cloud'
- openly and freely accessible by them

To this end, they lock your phone down in various ways to prevent you from safeguarding your information from them. If you unlock, root, and install a cleaner ROM on your phone, you remove a large part of their ability to gather and sell or otherwise exploit your information.

tl;dr Greed and power madness.

>that's not the kind of attacks one can exploit by having control of the radio
so this is a good reason to expose yourself to all kind of attacks, security in depth amirite?
thank god every OEM promptly release updates and your phone is not an easy target for every script kiddie and their malware

>Enjoy your half baked poo-ROM and inability to use most apps to their full potential
like? or are these only marketing terms?
this false promise is how they keep us in their garden, also I'm not so obsessive about other people's poo habits because I'm not a braindead idiot like you