Does anyone unnironically use this as the main browser...

Does anyone unnironically use this as the main browser? I just installed it so I could use a legacy addon (the only one that I couldn't replace in quantum), and although it serves the purpose for that specific addon, it's pure outdated, legacy shit.

I love muh freedoms, but I wouldn't go that deep into the rabbit hole.

Doesn't help that its maintainer is a retard.

No, I only do it ironically. Every time I open it, I giggle, thinking about how ironic I'm being.

XDDD I USE PALE MOON UNIRONICALLY LOL
I AM SO OUTDATED AND DUMB HAHA
>>>/reddit/

>Pale Moon has also retained the fully customizable user interface of the Firefox version 4–28 era,[9] while updating other parts of the browser with newer Firefox source code

fucking idiots

No. Its just shitty. Use firefox like a white man

I am, can't you read? I just use it for operations with a single addon.

You can run legacy extensions in the Nightly version of Firefox by toggling extensions.legacy.enabled to true in about:config.

Meant for

>it's pure outdated, legacy shit.

Call it what you want user, it's still the only actively developed browser that can handle my workflow of having over 1k simultaneous tabs open while using < 1GB of ram, and little cpu, without crashing ever.

All the other "modern" browsers just choke and stutter, take forever to switch tabs, and eventually crash under that kind of workload.

Well, chromium could kind of handle it when using the Great Suspender extension, but it also ate more ram, and didn't support tree-style tabs, so it lost out.

I used nightly before and rgreted it. There were no constant crashes, but it chose some very inconvenient times to crash.

I don't have 1k tabs open ever, and I don't care if the browser eats up some ram, I have 8GB, I can spare some for firefox.

>shit browser for shitty workflow
Seems about right.

no we use Waterfox because Pale Moon is reactionary

>start.me
That's a botnet

>justifying shit code that can't scale

>1K tabs
>

If only Waterfox had a rpm or an installer...

Like I give a fuck about that. I only use it for a very specific function, all my regular browsing is done in firefox.

Have you tried scaling the ram?

I am yet to encounter a problem
>I love muh freedoms, but I wouldn't go that deep into the rabbit hole.
Fleshy weakling, I bet you can't even chant in binary.

Lags waaay less than waterfox. But it does need to reload tabs on occasion, which is the only sane thing to do when opening that many tabs, so I'm fine with the trade-off.

Not that I'd care too much about them using up more ram in the background, since I have 32GB to spare. I just don't want all that shitty JS code constantly running and eating up my cpu, and this is even with a ton of JS blocked.

>he thinks the botnet is limited to his shit browser

While Palemoon never crashed for me and it's definitely lighter than Firefuck, I think this "less than 1GB" thing is bs.
I'm a RAMlet and sometimes opening an image will cause the browser to freeze. But it never crashes.

Waterfox became totally unusable after only a couple hundred tabs, even with them all being suspended somehow. Someone give a good explanation for that one.

I've used it for like 5 years. It works for everything I do. I don't get what people are going apeshit about. Apparently some things don't work, but it's not my fault that some retarded webdevs can't make halfway decent shit (and most pages like that aren't even worth my time.)

I do. It's pretty damn light and snappy

I do. I love Pale Moon. I DON'T use the start page in your pic, though. I love my legacy addons, and Pale Moon is much snappier for me than Firefox 56 or 57.

It has it place, its basically the XFCE of the internet browsers.