/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/edit/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX
ha.cking.ch/s8_data_line_locator/#s8-data-line-locator-capabilities)
oneplus.net/ca_en/invite#2NWMNSFTUPZ99D
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how can other phones compete? every phone looks last gen compared to this.

>screen edge
Into the trash

whoops, fooked up the pastebin link:
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX (suggestions on how to improve it welcome)

previous thread:

the curved screen is irritating af

when will xiaomi just release their fucking redmi note 5

How much do Benchmarks affect your decision buying a phone?

the question is when will they release an updated looking phone that is better than the RN3P and isn't as expensive as the Mix 1. Fuck, I think I'll get a Mix 1.

looking to get a phone this week for sprint that I can root. don't want an S8 (ha.cking.ch/s8_data_line_locator/#s8-data-line-locator-capabilities) or a OnePlus or any chinese phone for fear of backdoors. do you guys think if I flash a Pixel 2 with a custom ROM that it'll be fine?

Not much. Hardware, build quality, and custom ROM support interest me much more.

Some. It must be better than the one I currently have so no feeling of I fucked it up and got a slower phone. I doesn't need to be a beast, like getting a 1080ti after using a GT210 or something like that.

It looks great, but that's about it.

Moto Z2 Play or Moto X4? Both similarly priced, unless I get the extra battery mod for the Z2 Play. I want an AMOLED screen which the Z2 has, plus extra memory and built in storage, but the X4 has a better processor, IP68 rating and better cameras. Last two are nice but not absolutely necessary. How is the battery life on the Z2 Play without the Mod?

Ordered a Meizu Pro 7 plus, did I fuck up?

Wanted a mediatek phone because of miravision, it looks cool, and I didn't want the last gen x20/x25.

What do you guys think about miravision?

i feel absolutely lost on what phone I should get next. I'm moving from the oneplus one to something else on ting.

Im thinking the moto g 5 is the one?

>not flashing an old phone
Pixel 2's os is ok as it already is. Why would you flash a pajeet os, you dumb fuck? It's 2017 and no one is using custom ROMS, what are you, a fucking virgin?
Also I'm not sure if that phone's bootloader is unlocked/easy to unlock.

Mi A1 for 240€ or RN4 3/32 for 170€?

my friend told me that google phones are typically the easiest to root. I want to be able to remove kernel modules I don't need or use, as well as have flexible options for encrypting things.

I hope Blackberry Keytwo happens. I want the Keyone, but I already have an S8.

Femanon here

Redmi Note 5 is coming next week, better to wait for that. Will have 18:9 slim-bezel screen, faster SD660 processor and better camera. Worth the wait

Where do you keep getting pictures of this ugly tranny?

Is it a bad deal for 2018?

great...another chink phone with poor if any US support

lol it wont have a 660

>"selfie6"

Uh huh.

I'm looking to help my normie friend get a new android. Is there any flowchart going around for what to get right now? I was thinking of getting him the 5T, but people seem to be bitching about it for a few reasons. He's got At&t too.

is there an non-googleplay solution to remapping the Bixby button to something else on the Galaxy S8?

Is there any phone(1080p resolution) with better battery life than xiaomi note 4x, while not being more expensive?

Pick between Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Note 8, or iPhone X

Every phone in 2017 has been a disappointment.

Why the fuck are they going edge screen with all of their lineup? I have the S7 Edge and it's become the most annoying shit ever.

Hopefully they try something different with the S9

The kikephone X is pretty great

What's the best value phone for 200 dollars or less in america, with any carrier that works in america?

>have S7
>plan on getting an S8 to upgrade
>turns out it has that stupid edge shit
Should I just off myself?

I unironically think its the ugliest phone on the market. It's too long, the curved edges and nu-male design really don't help it. And a fingerprint sensor BESIDE the main camera is the dumbest shit in the world. The gook who came up with that should be fired.

Hi guys. I am planning to buy a smartphone to use exclusively as my Nintendo hub for GBC, GBA and DS games. I will use this phone as a pseudo game console, and I want it to last as long as possible, and much longer than a smartphone for regular usage would last.

Anyhow, hope you can give me some advice as to what smartphone and specs would I need for such a game hub to last a lot of time. Some things idk:

- Is the android version important? Is there a difference between Android Marshmallow, Nougat and 8.0? I've heard the newer ones are more battery efficient and faster, but does this include gaming or just normal usage? Would it make a difference for a smartphone that is only gonna play emulated Nintendo DS games?

- an AMOLED screen deteriorates quicker than an LCD, and the LCD is a lot more durable. Is it true?

- the most battery efficient processor that would allow me to play NDS games smoothly (without micro stutter, lag, etc) is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625. Is this true? Is it better/more power efficient for my purpose (emulating DS games) than the 626, 630, 636, 660, etc?

- I have heard that a smartphone battery lasts a certain amount of charge cycles, and that it deteriorates slightly with every charge cycle. If that is true, does that mean that, for example, a 4000 mAh battery can in theory last two times more than a 2000 mAh battery?

To explain you what I mean: lets compare 2 hypothetical batteries: a 2000 mAh vs a 4000 one. If I need to recharge the 2000 battery once a day, and the battery can support up to 700 charge cycles before I need to buy a new one, then after 700 days (around 2 years) I would need a new battery, right? So, with a battery twice as big (4000) that I need to recharge once every 2 days (instead of every day) and said battery also suppors around the same amount of recharge cycles, should this battery last around 14000 days? (aka twice longer than the 2000 one)?

Please answer guys.

are LeEco phones any good
I'm considering buying one but the price seems too good to be true considering the specs

gonna buy that lovely 5T tomorrow

> virgin curves vs angular chad

Moto G5 Plus is currently $170 on Amazon

Just get a Mi Max 2

That was my n1 choice, until I saw an image of a person holding it. Only then I realized how insanely long (tall) it is.

I now think it is too big for me.

Does anyone in this thread has a tempered glass on his phone?

Hi guys. I am planning to buy a smartphone to use exclusively as my Nintendo hub for GBC, GBA and DS games. I will use this phone as a pseudo game console, and I want it to last as long as possible, and much longer than a smartphone for regular usage would last.

Anyhow, hope you can give me some advice as to what smartphone and specs would I need for such a game hub to last a lot of time. Some things idk:

- Is the android version important? Is there a difference between Android Marshmallow, Nougat and 8.0? I've heard the newer ones are more battery efficient and faster, but does this include gaming or just normal usage? Would it make a difference for a smartphone that is only gonna play emulated Nintendo DS games?

- is it important to buy a stock android phone?

- an AMOLED screen deteriorates quicker than an LCD, and the LCD is a lot more durable. Is it true?

- the most battery efficient processor that would allow me to play NDS games smoothly (without micro stutter, lag, etc) is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625. Is this true? Is it better/more power efficient for my purpose (emulating DS games) than the 626, 630, 636, 660, etc?

- I have heard that a smartphone battery lasts a certain amount of charge cycles, and that it deteriorates slightly with every charge cycle. If that is true, does that mean that, for example, a 4000 mAh battery can in theory last two times more than a 2000 mAh battery? Because I would be using 1 charge cycle every 2 days, instead of once per day?

Please answer guys.

did you just assume my gender

No one cares about your shitty country with its special LTE bands that absolutely no one else uses.

Yeah. It’s pretty old at this point. Wait for a refresh.

Burn in is a meme with chink AMOLED phones since they can't reach the brightness of Samsung phones and are much less likely to burn in, that being said, LCD screens look worse but are even less likely to burn in. LCD will look even worse in sunlight or at night...

I'd recommend getting something cheap with a powerful SoC like the LeEco Le S3 which has the Helio X20 Processor in it. It can emulate PSP and NDS just fine and anything earlier with great ease. Android version you'd want is 7.0 or newer desu because of Vulkan.

Stock Android doesn't matter.

Snapdragon 625 is kick ass for that and there are great budget phones with it like the Meizu M6 Note or the Xiaomi Redmi 4x.

Helio X20 phones and SD625 phones are very similar in price. Helio X20 is much faster, Sd625 is much more efficient.

Lenovo P2?

It's in my cart. 275$ for phone including 3 months of prepaid plan.

Somebody stop me.

don't do it man

Get the razer phone

IIRC, marshmallow was the version that introduced a bunch of battery efficiency stuff, and it was mainly about the idle state.

Thinking of doing iOS dev, which iPhone should I get? Looking for something less than 1000$ CAD. Is the SE the best value or a used 7 plus?

Are iOS emulators good enough for dev work?
Because I could save money if I just bought android instead.

Forgot to add: my budget is 240 euros.

Razor is a lot more expensive than that. Also, since I would only be playing up to DS games, why would I need a powerful Razor phone? DS emulation doesn't require anything more than a SD 6xx afaik?

If you do grab a Oneplus 5T, use a referral code or student discount. If you already graduated and you still have access to your email you can try [spoiler]lying[/spoiler] about your graduation date and get a cool 10% off.
If not, just any referral code for $20 USD off, like mine
oneplus.net/ca_en/invite#2NWMNSFTUPZ99D

Forgot to mention, I already have a mac so I'll be using xCode primarily plus some react native stuff.

Ok recommend me a phone
>Country
us
>Carrier
US Cellular
>Budget
$450<
>Size
Coming from an iPhone 6s which is already kinda big so idk
>Features wanted
3.5mm jack
usb C
16:9 screen
Front facing fingerprint button

It will blowup and infested with Chinese bots for their 2020 human rating program

the edge screen is literally the best part. it's the defining trait of OLED technology. people who talk shit about it don't know what they're talking about, they never used it in real life.

Thanks for answering man!

But since I am not gonna play PSP games on it, only DS or lower, is a Helio X20 worth it over a SD 625-630?

Also, please answer my main doubt. Would a 4000 mAh battery last 2 times longer before I need a replacement battery, than a 2000 mAh battery?
My logic is that, if a 2000 mAh battery gets wasted in around 700 days (if it supports 700 recharge cycles and I recharge it once a day), would a battery twice as big last 1400 days (since I would waste a charge cycle once every 2 days, instead of 1 per day?

If you plan on using the phone as a dedicated gaming device, why not just buy a 3DS/DS Lite and hack it/get a flashcard?

Since it's around Christmas time and there's usually good deals, I'm looking to get myself a new phone. Problem is I'm not sure what so maybe you dudes can help since I'm not super smart when it comes to tech.

>Country
U.S.

>Carrier
Straight Talk

>Budget
350-400

>Features
Headphone jack
5.5 inch screen
Decent camera
Nice screen detail

My current phone is a Moto 4 Plus if that help with any recommendations or anything

Meant Moto G4 Plus oops

Fuck, I did it.

Because I think it is more complicated.

Furthermore, the 3DS/DS is a lot less future- proof. One day the device could stop working and it will be hard to find a replacement for it.

On the other hand, smartphones will keep on being in production, and if I need a new one, there will always be plenty of choice. It is a much more future proof device imo.

>redmeme note 5 still using 625
fuck off

Why is the 5T so expensive?

What happened to all the $200-$300 phones?

the op5t looks pretty cool, does anyone know what came out of the recent privacy issues they got?

>$200-$300 phones?
Xiaomi. Get a Note 4 and flash LineageOS on that bitch. Best $150 I spent all year.

Personally I don't understand why all the phones are slowly shifting up in price either. Are poor people becoming less common or what?

No things are just inflating again. Minimum wages are going up cause everyone wants to be a millionare but don't realize the people they buy stuff and take pay from want to be one too so they charge more for shit and you know. Etc. Etc.

Convince me to buy a phone right now, and not buy the new LG G7?

the LGG7 doesn't have a physical keyboard, which means your shitposting efficiency is going to be reduced.

Could somebody answer my above questions about battery durability please? It's important.

whats the best phone for less than $300?

Get a Note8.
Posting from one right now. Fits well in my hand. Solid as fuck. I accidentally dropped it the first day without a case and nothing happened. Pocket height. I'm 6ft.
Anyway. Nice fucking screen and real estate for it. Perfect for those night time faps.
Amazing camera, one of if not the best one on a phone.
Stylus is great.
Power is amazing. This shit can game better than my T420 and still keep cool.
Also LG is shit at phones.

moto g5 plus maybe?

why would someone frugal and reasonable enough to use a T420 as their laptop also waste money on a meme flagship smartphone?

This.

The reason why I want a LG G7 is because it's great for the money. And I've had a samsung phone for 8 years. I still can't stand the UI and still prefer the Moto Droid X's.

Is there any videos that have a run down of all the features of the OP5T? Preferably in comparison to other phones in the price range.

>Waste money
I use it like a lot tho.
I wanted the cameras cause I take lots of pics on my phone and snapchat a lot. My phone gets a lot of use and is always on me. i need one i can do everything on fast and reliably and the waterproofing is a huge plus cause it'll let me take pictures around and even inside water and is just plain helpful.

The 5t seems fine. Also Razer phone.

>Great for the money
Shit AMOLED panels compared to Samsung
Regional gimping and bullshit plus models releases rapidly after the first launch
Immediate, massive price drops
Bootloops
The worst update schedule this side of pre-google Motorola
The only time to get an LG is when they're at least 50% off

The Note is the only phone on the market that comes even close to offering enough to justify it's retarded price and it's constantly on promotion anyways. There's nothing in the high end Android field that touches it unless you've fallen for the curved edges are bad meme

Is the Pixel 2 better than/comparable to the Samsung s8? I really don't like the look of the s8.

Any limitations to the pixel? I would really appreciate advice. I know next to nothing about pixels but I'm googling and stuff

Oukitel k6000

What I am considering are the following:

- Xiaomi Mi A1
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- ZTE Blade V8 Pro
- Huawei P10 lite
- Moto 5GS Plus

Which would make the best Nintendo hub console?

I like that Xiaomi Mi A1 is pure Android, but the battery is 3000 mAh only.
The The ZTE battery is also similar.

The Mi Max battery is a stellar 5300, but I am concerned the thing might be a bit oversized for my taste.

Idk what to do.

Also I was.hoping the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 could get a sd 630 processor but it is just sd 625, which makes me doubt it will even be an improvement over the Redmi Note 4.

Help me decide guys.

Phone companies are selling less each generation so they have to increase prices to keep investors happy.

Its a OP5 with the fingerprint on the back, less bezel, amoled and 18:9.

What's the best phone in the ~£500/$500 range?

keyone

what's the best phone in the $999 range?

Already have one, looking to replace it, not a fan of the keyboard even though it was what sold me on it originally.

keyone

Also keep in mind the smartphone should be easy to open to have a battery replacement.

I've heard some brands like HTC are very difficult to open, and therefore a battery replacement is a lot more expensive.

what's the best apple phone in the $999 range?

keyone

keyone with an emulated iphone OS

iPhone SE

>get excited to buy the pixel 2
>realize they went with no headphone jack meme
reeeeeee

Is the Pixel 1 a buggy piece of shit? Ughhh I don't know what to get now

Meizu M6 note is very easy to repair. Take the 2 screws off from each side of the type C port and the rest of the back Just slides off.

SD625 and 4000mAh battery.