My friends grandparents got them an alienware because

my friends grandparents got them an alienware because
>the bestby guy said it's the best computer out there
A week ago this popped up and hasn't gone away since they first saw it. I'm expecting a lot of trolls but maybe some of you guys will help. Googling it gives me nothing but black friday adds to buy alienware.

Niggaz stole it

why are you letting them use internet explorer? This looks exactly like the internet explorer shit that has been going around forever. Someone mistyped a domain name and got that. Nothing to see here folks.

OP please read the sticky before posting

just...wipe the drive and put a new OS (Windows/Linux). All troubles go away trust me.

>windows
Grab the HDD and throw it on fire
Get a brand new ssd and install gentoo

They use firefox, it appears on boot and doesn't go away, reappears if you exit.

so this is windows shillware? Or shitty coding? They're more worried about it being a person trying to access their files.

sorry, it appears on boot of the computer itself. Not firefox.

the only way you will know if someone is trying to access their files is to check to see what is running on the computer, but read the stick. We aren't tech support.

their computer is infected your dumbass
>grandparents
Is all the explanation you need.

damn. They actually made a rule against asking for help? Back in like 2008 this whole forum was dudes helping each other out with their computers. the community was glorious.Thanks for the info I've got so far guys.

Sup Forums is not your personal army, and Sup Forums is not your personal tech support....doesn't mean when you pull the right strings the puppets don't dance. That being said, if I have knowledge to help, generally I do, as Sup Forums has helped me on a few obscure occasions.

Back in 2008 less people had access to this place and had higher IQ
/sqt/ is the new tech support now tho

If you can access data on it, back up anything important and wipe it

Install gentoo

>"new" PC
>Windows 7
Tell Jamal to have his
"grandparents" return it.

It looks like malware. Probably a trojan that sends your logon credentials to a MITM. Likely via an arp-poision thats still stuck in the arp cache. Thats why you're getting this weird DNS server.

Just reformat your drive and reinstall whatever windows version OES is on the laptop.

It's malware bro

>using internet explorer
I actually had to stare at that image for a while before remembering that Internet Explorer's HTTP authentication dialogs look very similar to Windows built-in ones. Considering it's the Internet Explorer from Windows 7 it's probably infected just from visiting whatever site popped that window up.

it's not, they use firefox. IE is deactivated

Then it's a virus for sure. Wipe and reinstall, this time with antivirus.

apparently that domain was registered last week

Give it back, Tyrone

>poor and incompetent writing style
>muh gubbermint
>threats of legal action
The government doesn't use threats of legal action. Either they contact you and explain what's going on or they van you if it's serious enough.
Corporations don't use shitty grammar due to wanting to deliver the message they're sending in a simple and concise manner.
100% some pajeet's malware.
In their defense they're old-timers, can't blame 'em.

Has nothing to do with alienware. They clicked on some sketchy link and got malware. Not even good malware. No it is trying to steal their password.

I don't think any best buy computer, let alone an Alienware will ship with Windows 7. Something is fishy here.

Install gentoo (or another more user friendly linux).

Maybe the computer was purchased before 2012?

it was

this is what I was thinking, either that or someone in their house trying to be a troll. Thanks all you guys!

you've obviously never been on Sup Forums before in your whole life. fuck back off to reddit you retard

Why are old people so universally fucking awful at internet security?

Boot safe mode

If this shit doesnt pop up, it's something annoying that hits it at startup and won't close, easy enough to fix but a pain in the ass.

It would likely be faster to back up drive and format.

No one said it was new faggot, just said shit hit the fan a week ago.

because they lived their whole lives where they may have just had to shred a piece of paper for information security, now in their old as dirt age, they can't/don't want to into technology beyond the tv works.

Back up data and install Linux Mint instead. Or Debian with Cinnamon DE and nonfree packages. They won't be getting viruses anymore.

Boot into safe mode so that dumb shit doesn't auto run, and then use that opportunity to back everything the fuck up and then reformat that shit.

>friends grandparents
>my

There is nothing wrong with Alienware. Bit edgy, meme-y, but still a very solid thing.