Programming in C

>Programming in C
Lets say Im quite okish with doing programs that gave me output on screen via printf.

How I can make a program that look estetically good, with buttons, menus, logos, ect.. Where I can learn about this? I'm tired of this window.

Other urls found in this thread:

mmstick.github.io/gtkrs-tutorials/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kys dumb fuck

Qt

Learn about the Win32 API going by your OS. Try not to kill yourself while learning it.

>ow I can make a program that look estetically good, with buttons, menus, logos
You mean a GUI? Leave it to a Windblows user to not understand even the trivial basics. But you don't need a GUI, look at TUI programs like htop, which are fully functional and support the cursor within a terminal. Learn curses.

Well, you have to learn about libraries, how to download and install.
Once you did that, you will turn into an terrible monster that will download everything and just glue the things in a functional executable that requires 20+ dlls until you learn how to embed the libraries into your binary.

>Lets say Im quite okish with doing programs that gave me output on screen via printf

If you don't know what a GUI is, you've still got a long way to go.

First off I am not too familiar with the C language so all I can give you is quite an opinionated point of view

Try diving into GUI concepts first, get a feeling of how modern applications are built, a good starting point would be Java's Swing components, or using Visual Studio to dive into C# or the like, using VS built in form creator

if you want to only make quick proof of concept shit I would recommend using html + JavaScript, especially if you're from India, to have an easy way of laying out a functional GUI in your browser

now some JS libraries provide the ability to deploy your web app as native (ReactJS, Angular...)

I suppose the way of implementing a GUI programmatically stays pretty much consistent, you instantiate a Frame object, instantiate your components, add to them event listeners and the like, add them to your frame and set the frame to be visible

Op here, Im on linux mint and I use code blocks so I want to do windows forms like these without visual studio and C# or any MS software like Blend.

I want to tear those memories of Visual Basic out of my brain.

If you are doing Windows you will probably just want to use visual studio and C# .

C would probably be the wrong language to use. I'm sure it could be used, but the Visual Studio C# environment is much more GUI friendly.

GTK or Qt

Oh I see you are on Linux.

I know you could do what you want in Java. I feel like C is not going to be GUI friendly, but I'm sure you can find a GUI library for it or C++ if you look.

Dim poster as Faggot

In a console/terminal, the cursor isn't the cursor you know and love but it's that blinking thing when the program is waiting for input.
Before mouses, console applications used the cursor to create a graphical-like interface, by some clever applications of ASCII characters and the free movement of the cursor... It's complicated, is what I'm trying to say.

>scanf
You're everything but ready for GUI.

Qt.

>using printf for everything

Heh
Yeah, okay pal.

So, let me ask you, I have to find a software for designing wysiwyg gui that is cross platform, right? I would like to build a software for example that is an adress book with pictures and data. How I can do it?

mmstick.github.io/gtkrs-tutorials/

Sure I forgot that scanf function, but I want to gwt out of that win32 stuff. Thats it.

>Lets say Im quite okish with doing programs that gave me output on screen via printf.
No, you aren't, user.

>Apple Quicktime
Kill yourself

(you)

Thanks user, but seems I need to learn Rust :S but its familiar to html/css/php kinda form making

Use Qt/wxWidgets

Like in linux installation on a pc...sometimes I saw that and I wonder how they do it

absolutely embarassing

i'll make the logo OP =)

Very nice from you user :)

I'll make the mascot :)

> learn curses
kek

>GUI
>Java
Are you retarded?

>GUI

It's pretty easy to do a basic GUI in JavaFx

programming guis is a wish for suicide. If you want to make pretty shit then try out a higher level language like python. Or, you could get into web development and make web apps.
Every os has it's own framework, and it's tedious to work with them. I suggest making your program in c, and then add a front end, it'll be easier to port to other platforms

Dumbfuck.

Are you?

Use something comfy like Lazarus instead.

Front end like what? You get me curious.

C# and designer view in Visual Studio. Enjoy death

Yes, the server installation of ubuntu for example uses a similar technique.