Sun shining through my window

>sun shining through my window
>notice all the fucking dust in the air
what teh fuck is this normal? is it safe to even breathe? do i get an air purifier or are they a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0U_3eVj5NCY
hooktube.com/watch?v=0U_3eVj5NCY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Clean_Air_Study
youtube.com/watch?v=3boy_tLWeqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have that model air purifier and I like it. I also have a smaller one I keep upstairs. It really cuts down on stuff in the air and it helps tremendously when I am smoking. I don't like that it is loud even on the lowest setting. You might have better luck with controlling noise rigging up a duct fan filter. The replacement filters would also be cheaper than the honeywell one. I think it's like $70 for a new filter for that machine and the prefilters can be bought and cut out of generic stuff. With a duct fan filter you would be able to choose from any number of filters and fans that fit the size ducting you choose and not be stuck with the proprietary form factors honeywell uses.

use a vacuum you slob

Well worth if you sit in a room all day and don't clean your house assuming that is you.

This is a 6" duct fan filter I bought off ebay a while ago. It's too big. I'd go with a 4" one and get a lower cfm fan if I were trying to rig up a filter out of duct fans. Make sure you get something with a fan controller if you go that route.

Another option is you could buy a house filter and run a box fan. They even sell filter and prefilter sheets you could cut to size if you want.

Both of those would be a little uglier than the honeywell ones.

vacuum the air? these things are hovering

The air quality inside of homes is usually much worse than outside. Even if you've got a brand new HVAC system with exchange vents in all major rooms you're still going to have tons of dust and allergens in your air. It comes from your clothes, your dryer, paper products like napkins and paper towels especially loose a lot of fibrous material in the air. Its near impossible to remove it all. The most you can do is get a couple decent filters and let them run 24/7.
On the high end are units with pricetags over $1000, but provide unmatched filtration, particles well under .3 will be filtered out, and thats small enough to actually filter out bacteria. These can actually do wonders for improving the smell of the air in a room.

Cheaper ones do well enough with larger dust particles, but obviously don't filter out smaller particles. Honeywell sells some decent models for $50~.

Those smaller than .3 are going to clog up real fast in a home. You won't be able to effectively use those nicer ones unless you change out the filters a lot. Fuck that.

They're usually washable filters, so you don't pay to replace disposable ones.

I HAVE DUST IN THE AIR PLEASE HELP WHAT DO I DO

jfc

Inhale, it gets you high, it's moonawana time.

youtube.com/watch?v=0U_3eVj5NCY

>smoke
>complain about air quality
can you kill yourself any faster?

>windows
found your problem

any visible dust is safe to breathe

the dangerous ones are

clean your room

if they're small enough, can they go through my skull and into my brain?

Technically with the right velocity; yes.

Dust your fucking room them. Visible dust in the air means your room is so dusty all you gotta do is brush up against the wall or table and dust flies everywhere.

For those who don't want to give them views

hooktube.com/watch?v=0U_3eVj5NCY

>if they're small enough, can they go through my skull and into my brain?

yes

your brain is bombarded daily with cosmic neutrons from the sky

>waste money
or
>open a window and clean the room
or
>be a shill for an air purifier company adverising your warez

1. vacuum regularly. get a (non-shitty) vacuum robot if you can't be bothered.
2. ventilate

>needing more than this

I don't smoke cigarettes. I just want to keep the house nice when I do smoke something. It keeps the room nice and clear.

They are not a meme in principle but you have to get a really BIG one and make sure it has HAPA filter too. I myself prefer air cleaning plants instead.

>air cleaning plants
Is this some healing crystal bullshit or for real?

Neglected plants certainly collect dust, but they don't remove any of it from the air.

Second on plants. Millions of years can't be wrong.

There are a number of studies by respectable organizations (unless you're one of those people) showing evidence of air purifying qualities. We are made to live in balance with our oxygen makers and co2 eaters. Plus they just look nice.

> air purifying qualities. We are made to live in balance
Define your buzzwords, hippie

Look up NASA's studies. They tested various plants for use in spacecrafts. Top performers were aloe vera and spathyphyllum which are both great house plants.

>plants eat co2, create oxygen
>humans eat oxygen, create co2

I'm not sure how you don't get this.

The thread is about dust particles and you come here with claims about "air purification for healthy balance with mother earth".

As usual hippie bullshit is bullshit.

Hes probably some reddit fag straight outta /r/lookhowmuchIcanshoveupmyass

The chemical compounds inside those "dust particles" that are dangerous to your health are what is getting purified out, you dunce. The "dust particle" is a poorly defined general collection of particles. Some harmful. Some not. These plants are purifying the harmful stuff out. Not all of it, of course, but plants look a lot nicer than any "dust particle" remover you can find.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Clean_Air_Study

Here's that study, by the way. Of course now you're going to start claiming NASA isn't a respectable organization and then your "hippie bullshit" will turn into "science bullshit" and God knows where you'll go from there.

No amount of straw-manning can rid you of your ignorance

>Look at me grasp at straws
>I'm so smug
>look how superior I am
>*tips fedora*

Plants do not remove dust from the air. This thread is about removing dust from the air.
Keep your gay shit on reddit where it belongs, homo.

What is dust?

>the gay retard is now trying to argue in bad faith
We don't need to go down this road, nigger. Stop posting here. Stay in your hugbox.

youtube.com/watch?v=3boy_tLWeqA

It's happened.

buy a few pc fans and a carbon dust filter(they are sold for kitchen sucker thing)
assemble it and put it somewhere low, it will make difference.
also air ioniezers are good idea, because it's negative it will draw the dust(like old tv-s)
or buy an automatic vacuum cleaner

eh. a little dust never hurt anybody unless that dust was previously rodent shit.

Its mostly just an eyesore. My dryer is on the entry level of my house, and that fine lint gets everywhere. The airstream created just from walking by the door is strong enough to suck it out and swirl it around the rest of the house. I can clean my TV screen in the living room once per day but theres always dust settling on it.

Putting a purifier in the room is the only thing that cut it down. Something plants won't do like this nut job is trying to argue for.

>needing to spend money to make up for being filthy

>doing laundry frequently makes one filthy
Nice logic you've got there, hippie.

air ionizers are too weak to significantly reduce dust

Just buy 10, it's quite

>quiet
Those do jack shit.
At least get one with a fan, so there's actual air going through the electrodes.

you should just get a fan and put it in the windowsill and run it whenever youre interacting with your dryer. should help to pull dust out