Any editor like Turbo C for linux? I've been searching for hours...

Any editor like Turbo C for linux? I've been searching for hours. SETedit is obsolete and has broken dependencies and rhide can only compile under djpp. I just want this retro feel from borland turbo C or at the very least a similar color scheme and window management. fp is great but only for pascal and fte is shit pls halp

Other urls found in this thread:

fte.sourceforge.net/
askubuntu.com/questions/548909/running-net-4-0-application-with-wine
identicalsoftware.com/xwpe/extrasyntax.html
dailyvim.blogspot.com/2009/09/resizing-with-gnu-screen.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Use vim faget

I use vim, I even know a vast majority of shortcuts. I just wanted a cool aesthetic editor to run on my ibm crt

mc

yeah tried mcedit and it sure looks nice but is there any clone of turbo c out there?

The TurboC editor is way better than vim.
And I use and love vim. Though the TurboC editor lacks in certain(many) quick usability features that vim. The workflow of TurboC is absolutely great for amateur devs, hobbyists and newcomers alike.

If only such an editor existed though.

Why don't you just use wine with it? Does it work

It needs .NET 4.5 and I can't install it on wine

is there no winetricks for dotnet45?

FTE fte.sourceforge.net/

>I just wanted a cool aesthetic editor to run on my ibm crt
hate you so much

nah tried that, not my cup of tea and wrong color scheme but something close to this.
trying rn

mscoree.dll not found while trying winetricks

If you can't find anything similar but have the time maybe you can hack together another editor, like FTE's fork eFTE. Anyway, good luck.

what's the difference between these two

A quick lookup gave me that you need to use a 32bit wineprefix. askubuntu.com/questions/548909/running-net-4-0-application-with-wine

You should write one.

tried that. Wouldn't work

Well look at this, xwpe. I think it's as close as I could get but there's no syntax highlighting :'(

Have you looked at appdb.winehq.org?

I have tried like 10 different workaround, the winetricks is broken it tries to download a file from webarchive and gets 404s

Also found an editor called tilde, syntax highlight but no multiple windows management like xwpe and tc reeee

What kind of multiple window management do you need? Because maybe you can use a multiplexer like GNU screen.

Also, did you tried this for xwpe identicalsoftware.com/xwpe/extrasyntax.html

I'm talking about the ability to dynamically resize virtual windows in TC and xwpe
apparently xwpe comes with syntax highlight built in but the debian package doesn't include the definition file for whatever reason

I can't enable syntax highlighting dunno why, copied the file in every location mentioned in the man, still not working

>dynamically resize virtual windows
You can do this with screen dailyvim.blogspot.com/2009/09/resizing-with-gnu-screen.html