/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>A8 9600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds WITHOUT a dedicated graphics card
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds WITH a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

GPUs:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/nDZLhq
youtu.be/IeUyvEVB984
pcpartpicker.com/list/WQhDBP
pcpartpicker.com/list/rsmG7h
pcpartpicker.com/list/FFbvgL
pcpartpicker.com/list/yKsY4C
pcpartpicker.com/list/3h23qk
dell.com/support/Article/us/en/6099/SLN284985
game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=33898&game=PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds
dustinhome.fi/product/5011056524/rog-strix-b350-f-amd-ryzen-7-1700-30-ghz
dustinhome.fi/product/5011056525/rog-strix-b350-f-amd-ryzen-5-1600-32-ghz
newegg.com/global/sa/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028
bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-qhd-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?skuId=5293502
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_udlo=100.00&_udhi=200.00&_geositeid=0&_nkw=29um68
kinguin.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for ryzen a best
and that kid in OP is a terrorist

Why is that terrorist soldering his 24pin cable?

I AM ABOUT TO CONSUMMATE MY BUILD
pcpartpicker.com/list/nDZLhq
PLS RESPOND

>pcpartpicker.com/list/nDZLhq
looks good

>pcpartpicker.com/list/nDZLhq

looks fine m8
no psu though?

Daily reminder that Vega will age like milk.
youtu.be/IeUyvEVB984

No I have removed stuff that I already ordered. PSU is a seasonic 650. GPU is an MSI 1080 I got for 460 thanks to jewish tricks.

pcpartpicker.com/list/WQhDBP

r8. Should I wait to see what is on sale on Cyber Monday or go with the Black Friday deals that are going on during this week?

I'll probably wait to get the monitor, however.

sure buddy

Any of you fucking guys have any issues with the zotac 1070ti mini? It's 450 USD on and so far I've heard 1 review talking about coil whine, but it seems to be isolated.

Should I get a 1070Ti or 1080?

then we will chew our milk

Can anyone recommend a good motherboard/ram to go with ryzen 5 1600?

literally just pick one that supports am4

What is your monitor and what games you play? If you have the budget, 1080 for sure

pcpartpicker.com/list/rsmG7h
Gaming, 1080
I haven't included an SSD because I'll get it with a coupon I have

Dell S2716DGR, unopened. 2560x1440, 144 Hz, GSYNC. I want to play Doom, Wolfenstein II, XCOM 2, other AAA titles, and F2P shit too.

You will save so much more with a 1600 and maybe even afford a 1070

1080 for sure

Drop the Intel chip, go with 1600 with stock cooler.

Get a better video card. 1070 or 1070ti

>A8 9600 for non-gaming (light tasks)
Fuck no. Terrible power efficiency compared to the G4560

>A8 9600 for bare minimum gaming builds WITHOUT a dedicated graphics card
While technically this is acceptable in very particular (third world) cases, it is advisable to wait for the Zen/Vega APUs coming out in 2018 for over double the performance at the same price of current APUs

How to get over the anxiety that I've fucked up anything? Ever since I finished my build 3 weeks ago I cant go a day without worrying I've done something bad. 2 of my ramslots dont work and my PSU died last week. Got a replacement and its running fine now but I feel like its a ticking bomb that explode any moment. I consider spending a couple of ten dollars to get someone checking it for me.

This is disinfo keep the intel

Dis is disinfo pls delet dis

pcpartpicker.com/list/FFbvgL

Retard
The intel is more powerful, don't get memed

What is a good site where I put in potential specs, choose a game and see how it'd run?

Better GPU + weaker CPU > Weaker GPU + stronger CPU moron.

Probably 1080 for the RAM
Doesn't matter for gaming

Only good Coffee Lake CPUs are i3 8100, i5 8400, i7 8700, and i7 8700K. Because of mobo prices, the i3 8100 gets eaten by the R5 1600

If your RAM slots don't work, update BIOS. If they still don't work start the RMA process. A lot of companies have an "advance replacement" option in which the send you a new board first so you can stay running. Then all you do is send off the broken component

Depends on what you mean by 'good,' check OP builds.

Fury is definitely aging like milk, honestly worse than anything I've ever heard about from Nvidia. Pretty much everyone knew to stay away from the Fury anyway though.

I bought the RX 470 because I knew it was basically just the last iteration of GCN, which is going to be kicking it until the PS4 Pro / XBOX die.

We'll have to see what happens with NCU going forward. I can definitely tell you that HBM is a meme right now because its bandwidth is unwarranted and the power savings are pretty minor

Not for every game. World of Warcraft for example. Oh well let the cuck buy the 1600 over the 8600k idc

pcpartpicker.com/list/yKsY4C
Another alternative.

I don't understand what your saying sorry. Could you rephrase?

If the person is buying a 1070, he isn't playing WoW, you shiteater.

>and that kid in OP is a terrorist
Master troll

You told him to buy 1070, his initial build didn't even have one

I suggested it to him. He could have chosen not to, but he wanted to. Clearly he valued the 1070 more. Fuck. You don't even need a 1060 to play WoW, i am sure a 1050 can do that. Or just buy intel and use the iGPU.

Of the two you've given, this one looks like the better option.

I would drop the Noctua cooler, the stock cooler on the 1600 is pretty swell; and if you need something more heavy duty you can always buy it later.

Came up with this yesterday, made some tweaks. Please help
pcpartpicker.com/list/3h23qk

1. I'm making a new build, new SSD/mobo everything new. I have Win10 on my current PC, how do I use it on both? Do I need to buy another copy?

2. My friend is making her first PC, coming from a shitbook pro. Is there a way for her to get win10 free? If not, does w10 ever go on sale?

Please respond

Looks like you've got some good prices there already. Why is your screen so expensive though? Resolution?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/3h23qk
What do you need help on? So far you got a solid rig there.

What is wrong with the 8600k?

I wish I was as intelligent as this kid. How do you learn electronics like he did?

I think the diff is 5-10 FPS in many games

It's 165 Hz 2560x1440 with G-Sync.

The G-Sync is probably what is making it so god damn expensive. Like I said in my initial post, I'm probably going to wait for the new adaptive technologies that are coming out before buying a monitor.

Just want to make sure everything looks good and nothing sticks out before I start buying the parts. Its my first time building

do i need g sync? i really don't want to spend $600+ for a 1440p monitor with g sync

Allah guided him when he tried to figure out how to make bomb.

dell has a 144hz 2k 1ms 27" for $350 at bestbuy, online or instore

>/pcbg/ helps me pick parts
>Feel confident
>Look up build videos
>"Push until it clicks"
>"Watch out for static"
This shit makes me feel anxious as fuck

Only if affordable. If your PC can ace 144fps on 144hz don't worry about it, but it's the games where you dip below where the sync shines through. See

In my opinion you're good to go. If you want to break your wallet you can easily get a more expensive video card.

>that pic
Rather than killing yourself you kill the desire to kill yourself
Some deep shit.

Update bios or try this
dell.com/support/Article/us/en/6099/SLN284985
CMOS reset. It'll rest your motherboard. I recommended this in the last thread and it fixed this guys USB ports that weren't working

First build is always the most nerve wracking.
Gets exponentially easier after that.

overclock won't get far without delid?
8400 is much better value once full lineup of mobos arrive?

Care to provide a link for my lazy ass? I assume it has G-Sync.

There's so much info in the pc building world and so much of it is trolling.

1. Don't worry about static as long as you're smart. Don't wear socks and work on a carpeted floor, for example. I wear shoes, and I usually wear latex gloves (Which also prevent your oils from getting on components and lead from getting on your hands
2. Know that for any problem you run into, there is a solution. The best way to avoid problems is to make sure your hardware is compatible, and read reviews.
3. Don't fuck up your CPU insertion and you should be gold. It's easy to do it right, manuals are easy to follow, youtube videos are easy to follow. Yet we still see people here who put in thermal paste on the pins, or insert the CPU backwards etc.

fuk ill get a cheap one then. better put on my kneepads

>static
Unironically build your computer a) on tiles and b) naked

I, too, suckered in on the Dell gsync 27" deal. I would never have forked up the cash for it and was comparing it against $200 monitors that were similar without gsync (These black friday deals are good)

game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=33898&game=PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds
There are others but I'm to lazy to google for you :^) there are other PC spec websites have the option to put in your PC specs to see how well it'll run with games

Can I play at 2560x1080 with a GTX 970 comfortably? I'm fine with medium-high settings.

If I'm not planning on overclocking should I get 8600k? or is there a version of it isn't for overclocking that is better or something?

link pls. ill sell my ps4 that hasnt been used since june. maybe i wont have to suck as many dicks now. unless they're feminine of course.

Alright thanks user.

My current build is pretty old and using a GTX 470 so I'm hoping that even though there's better cards, the cheap(ish) 1060 will still feel like its miles ahead of what I'm used to.

I5 4440 reporting in. Can confirm igpu can run LoL and actually a heap of other low demanding games

dustinhome.fi/product/5011056524/rog-strix-b350-f-amd-ryzen-7-1700-30-ghz
dustinhome.fi/product/5011056525/rog-strix-b350-f-amd-ryzen-5-1600-32-ghz

These good prices for rog strix b350+ ryzen 5 or 7?

I like it. I'm going to steal some of your ideas for mine.

i orderd this psu yesterday newegg.com/global/sa/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028
and i just realized its Non-Modular,is there hope for me?

bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-qhd-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?skuId=5293502

F

thanks boo

Yes but those monitors are pretty tricky because you have to get 27" exactly and the refresh rate is pretty low. No HDR10 or VA panels yet from what I know, although I haven't checked recently. I wouldn't spend more than $200 on that res
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_udlo=100.00&_udhi=200.00&_geositeid=0&_nkw=29um68
Those were the best I found when I looked into it while back

Definitely get the i5 8400. Only a few % theoretical performance difference at stock

Fine as long as you don't have a windowed case

Depends on the cheapest you could get the let's say R5 1600 + mobo otherwise.

Literally doesnt matter

Sauce on pic? I love chappelles work
All SSD's have a software preloaded inside of it already that'll transfer your windows from HDD to ssd cause they know that's a must for everyone.

You can get windows keys for like under $10 from websites like
kinguin.net/
Technically its illegal cause they stole those keys from Microsoft though.
Also is your friend hot?

>built my first PC about 7 years ago
>booted it up the first time everything looked great
>turn it on the next day and the PSU exploded
>trying to troubleshoot a self-build PC was the worst shit
>eventually just use
>spend the better part of a month bring it back and forth and waiting while guys at the shop I bought parts from work on it every time it a new part inevitably blows up
>the whole process was just stressful and every time I turned the thing on I was worried something else would go wrong
>this lasted for months and finally it stopped fucking up and worked fine until this day
>building my second PC in the next month or so and the anxiety will come back once again

Don't get a g-sync monitor if your not gonna use it. By the time you wanna upgrade your GPU the prices of monitors will be smaller so your investment will actually be a loss.

Rolling

1-5: I spend $615 on a i7 8700k and motherboard combo

6-0: Stick with what I got.

FUCK this has been bugging me.

You don't need it, and I wouldn't recommend G-sync right now anyway because AFAIK there aren't any HDR10 or VA panel G-sync monitors
G-sync and Freesync are nice though.

It's in a no man's land as far as both its price point and performance. You can learn everything you need to know about the current lineup of high end CPUs from these graphs

>kinguin.net/
I want to use BOTH computers though, wouldn't cloning my HDD cause microsoft to shut down one or the other?

Amazing
What site is that on the right

So the 8400 is a good processor? It seems contra instinct to go for it instead of th 8600k but I'm a literal brainlet so I'll just trust you guys

But the Ryzen 1600 outshines the 8400 in everything but a few miniscule frames. I'm not joking. I was surprised when I looked at them properly cause I was gonna buy it myself

>I will never decide whether I want the 1600 or the 8400 because even pcbg can't come to a concensus
>I will never finish my build

>shitposter is back
god damned

I am wondering if I should just man the fuck up and l2overclock because I'm willing to drop the extra money on the 8600k, but I ended up not ocing my last processor because I didn't want to wear out the hardware faster or some shit.

So maybe I should just admit I'm a puss and go for the 8400 instead.

>2560x1080

Horrible screen format to be honest, get a 27" 2560x1440p instead or save your money for the day you can afford a 34" 3440x1440p.

21:9 have low game support and all 2560x1080 are so small and pixelated you will want to upgrade when you get money again. A 970 is perfectly fine for that resolution but it works in 1440p as well, though you may have to compromise on top graphical games.

Higher stock speed on the 8600k compared to the 8400, so it will perform better without oc, but I don't think its worth it this time to get the top i5 and not oc it. Core clocks has made more difference in previous generations, and getting a top tier cpu is more about pushing frames at extreme graphical demand today.

But we all agree the 1600 > 8400

Lol I fuck around with my PC on a carpet floor and in my adidas tracksuit

Grab the cheapest offer on BF, problem solved.

>all the deals for the parts I want end on Thursday/Friday/Saturday
>don't know if they will be on sale come Cyber Monday
what do

I suppose buying into intel's platform gets you less fuckery with virtualization (see: NPT bug recently fixed after 10 years) and an igpu with drivers that just werk with linux
nice to see their stranglehold beginning to weaken though

Shop online

What kinds of games/settings would warrant going for the 1600x + heatsink vs just the 1600?

I don't know if its worth the extra cost in my situation but I also don't want to regret not going for it if it would be genuinely worth it.

>want to upgrade PC
>look for motherboards
>X370 ones look nice
>botnet Intel WiFi
>botnet DAC with built-in DRM
>DRM is now a feature apparently
>"Content Protection"

Not sure really. Don't think so though hey. A friend used his win cd to get me win 8.1 and we both could get updates(not sure if he used key too). You'll wanna do some googling though cause people seem to lazy to reply to you.
But I doubt it hey. I think Microsoft by now is aware that this could be an issue and will let you clone 3 times maybe. Google though

Intel master race
AMD Poos need not reply

Hardware Unboxed, a youtube channel. The guy running it also writes for Techspot IIRC.

If you meant top dog instead of shitposter, you're correct

R5 1600 is fine on a price/perf basis, but it doesn't beat the i5 8400 in games.

>Higher stock speed on the 8600k compared to the 8400
The all core turbo is only 0.3GHz different, at 4.1 and 3.8 respectively. Definitely not worth the extra money if you don't OC, not worth the money on a percentage basis even if you do.

The only reason to get the 1600X is if you're hoping to win the silicon lottery and get a higher OC or a more power efficient mild OC.

>But the Ryzen 1600 outshines the 8400 in everything but a few miniscule frames.
Depends on a lot of things, including GPU pairing, resolution, and settings. Not to mention particular game titles.