Why the FUCK do you use systemd?

Why the FUCK do you use systemd?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Using-the-Configuration-System.html#Using-the-Configuration-System
gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/operating_002dsystem-Reference.html#operating_002dsystem-Reference
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because GuixSD needs to improve documentation.
gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Using-the-Configuration-System.html#Using-the-Configuration-System
If I have a separate /boot partition, do I have to define it here? do I put it before or after the / partition? What other stuff can I put in here? What's the syntax? What are my options?
And other shit like that

Because it just werks

Because I'm lazy

Did someone just write random languages on that to seem cool.
How are any of the languages on that related to the characters?

Why the fuck shouldn't I use systemd?

I claim C++ waifu

Because the mainstream distro I use comes with it. At this point, systemd is so embedded into the Linux ecosystem that you really cannot avoid, unless you want to use something like Slackware or Gentoo, which is fine, but that's not the my user case.

Who ever made this doesn't love me

:(((

HTML5 devs and GO devs is sad

Unit files have removed considerable configuration overhead, and it keeps my boot times fast.
Also Ruby is best girl that just enjoys fun things, how old is she by now?

I would fuck the shit out of Visual Basic waifu

>its the default for my distro.
and I'm lazy.
>I haven't had any significant problems with it.
So I type "systemctl restart sshd" instead of "service sshd restart", big deal. I run a battery-managing script on my thinkpad, but I stuck it into systemd's rc.local compatibility shim and it just werked.
>I'm not bothered by it for philosophical reasons.
Sure, it's a big bundle of C code. So is the kernel, I don't lose any sleep over that. I've never maintained init scripts but I've seen plenty of quotes from people who have saying that systemd does a lot of things that traditional init doesn't that make their lives easier, like dependency resolution and active supervision of services. Okay, fair enough then, its more complex because it has more features and solves more problems.
>I'm not bothered by Lennart being a dickweed.
not like I have to talk to him.
>I don't buy the conspiracy theories.
If the NSA wanted to compromise Linux systems, this big huge development project would be a complex, expensive, and noisy way to do it, they'd rather be off looking for zero-days that are already there. If this is Red Hat trying to be Microsoft, they're doing a pretty piss-poor job of it, considering that all of their projects, systemd included, have alternatives that are under active development and that actually get used.
>Sup Forums hates it.
That's often (not always, but often) an indication that something is actually pretty good.

>Worst languages have best waifus

Why?

>HTML devs

lol. I'm not sure that writing markup language is "development", but I guess people are always gonna manipulate language to make themselves feel better

Is fedora a backdoor

But I don't

I don't. I use gentoo with openrc as does anyone else with patrician tastes. Only plebs and PoV(people with vaginas) use systemd.

It works and I'm not too autistic to relearn how do do some basic shit.

>Why the FUCK do you use systemd?
Why the FUCK not? It is opensauce and it WORKS you fucking MONG.

Fedora is three letter alphabet botnet backdoored.

>Did someone just write random languages on that to seem cool.
>How are any of the languages on that related to the characters?
Notice that the C# and Visual Basic characters have Microsoft emblems on them. Also: Java is represented by both coffee and by that weird creature that you see on some implementatons of Java.

Yes, define all of your filesystems there as if you would add them to fstab anywhere else. Order doesn't matter.

The other stuff you can put there is listed under the "operating system reference", for which there's a link on the page you referenced: gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/operating_002dsystem-Reference.html#operating_002dsystem-Reference

The syntax is Guile. You can literally use any Guile code you want.

I'm dumb. I just now saw that link after like a few months of being a brainlet.

i actually had a job using visual basic once. what a cutie, nothing but good memories.

What

Fuck is that

it just werks

>java
Coffee and mascot
>c++
Capable of many different tasks
>python
Snakes
>ruby
Kuwaii
>php
Fucking broken and defeats itself
>C#
much using statements, so many libraries
>shell
Obvious
>javascript
qt3.14
>Perl
Obvious
>c
Pure
>vb
Baby language
>R
Used by mathmetitians and researchers
>Scala
desu

>shell and perl obvious

????

Why are you being a useful idiot for the purveyors of systemd fud?

I don't. My Gentoo system is systemd free.

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

Because I only want to complete my tasks with such a tool so I get paid money in order to enjoy the remainder of my years on this fucking horrible shit hole called Earth. FUCK you and FUCK your doll collection. I'm done. I-I am not starving just yet (I am but I will not let it know).

i wish i was a visual basic programmer

C eternal best girl
R a cute too