Tfw people defend the removal of net neutrality

>tfw people defend the removal of net neutrality
>tfw they say "it's so the FCC and government don't have any control over the Internet"
>tfw FCC would basically be lobbying millions of dollars to "lose Control" of the Internet
>tfw they actually have the ability to take power away from the states
You really think removing net neutrality will remove all government and FCC influence? When the government and FCC are fighting so hard against net neutrality? Are you really sure ajit pye is lobbying so hard so that he has less power?
Have fun with cable TV style packages, out the ass data caps and throttling.

Other urls found in this thread:

meo.pt/internet/internet-movel/telemovel/pacotes-com-telemovel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

brainlet here. can't I just combat a lack of net neutrality by using a VPN and encrypted connections? how can they even tell which site I'm on if my connection is encrypted? I thought this was the core principle of TOR.

They can just throttle your access to random IPs if they want.
So no more torrening or tor for you.

So things that are all taking place right now?
For the most part unless they wanted to really play hardball and start blocking VPN servers
Stop talking.

Also, your ISP can see what you're downloading through torrents, and knows about most VPN and TOR exit points.
For VPNs they can strong arm the provider and get your logs. With tor the only thing isp doesnt know is what sites you are visiting, thus can easily assume the worst.

>oh, so you're saying your connection to your vpn that isn't in our Platinum VPN Club is slow? that's too bad

>>tfw they actually have the ability to take power away from the states
...Yes? If it is wrong for the federal government to do something, it is also wrong for the state governments to do it.

but if my connection is encrypted how can they even tell what I'm connecting to?

they can see what ip you're connecting to

No, that is not true.

really? I thought that was encrypted too. we're fucked lads. it's been a wild ride but I guess all things must ((((((((((come to an end)))))))))) eventually

>marijuana is a schedule 1 drug federally
>states have different laws for marijuana, some decrininalized, while some posession is a felony
You do realize that people are saying the FCC won't have power to control the Internet, yet, the FCC is basically going to have control over what states can and can't do with their Internet. I'm a bit if a believer that states should have a say in what laws can and cannot be passed, rather than letting one entity decide what everyone can and can't do. However, I do feel that some regulation is necessary, since having a mixed system is usually the best option. However, with this, the FCC is basically mandating what can and cannot be done with the internet, rather than allowing information to be distrusted evenly. It's like saying "me and my friends are allowed to hit you but you aren't allowed to hit me or them back because that's against the rules" rather than "no one is allowed to hit anyone else, but if someone does then they will be punished" they basically want to turn it so that the rules benefit themselves, rather than the consumers.

THE REPUBLICANS LIED TO YOU AGAIN YOU RIDICULOUS IDIOTS YOU DON'T HAVE A PARTY

>Republicans shit on State's rights every time they are in power
I hate everything

Every thread there's some idiot asking this question. If they whitelist the sites they intend to make money off of, such as Facebook and YouTube, and throttle the rest preemptively, your VPN is meaningless. It could collect data from anywhere at 1TB/s back to its server. It doesn't matter if your base connection to the VPN itself is throttled.

They can tell what you aren't connecting to.
It's like nobody here understands what a whitelist is.

>Pajit

>the actually have the ability to take power away from the states
10th amendment bitch.

>P. Ajit

Really makes you think.

>t. smug liberal who thinks everyone else doesn't understand their own best interests

Welp, now I hope every Republican suffers from this. Hope the next Dem prez in charge just flat out neglects you faggot kike worshippers for good.

FINNA
BUST
A
NEUT

>t. 12 year old that watched a couple bill maher videos thinks he knows everything
ftfy

>this is the future republitard brain dead droolers chose

meo.pt/internet/internet-movel/telemovel/pacotes-com-telemovel

DELET

>Have fun with cable TV style packages, out the ass data caps and throttling.

Pro NN shills have been saying this since the 90s and it never happened.

Why did you think that was encrypted? How would it even know where to connect you to your VPN if the system doesn't know that valuable piece of information?

Why do kike lovers defend this?

>>tfw people defend the removal of net neutralit
Yes I do.
>>tfw they say "it's so the FCC and government don't have any control over the Internet"
No. I say it's so brownies and poor commie campus lefties can be forced off the Internet because they are the only ones impacted in any significant way because they can't afford it compared to working white and asian people.
If you have a job and work hard, it's chump change.
Consider it paying extra to keep the Internet cleaner of filth.

Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs you in the eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests uncomfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what removing net neutrality is like.

Privatization of public goods without real competition is a disaster 100% of the time. It's economics 101.

>No. I say it's so brownies and poor commie campus lefties can be forced off the Internet
I think you misunderstood what the repeal is about, quite a bit. Boy, is it going to be awkward once you have to pay for the "alt-right incel" premium package.

Post yfw you're not an amerifat

>Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it.
That's called being a leftist, and considering how they are mostly jobless trash who study gender studies and such worthless shit, removing net neutrality is indeed a great wound to them.
Which is why it should be removed faster for the cleanliness of the Internet.

You dont know how VPN works apparently.

Muh free markets

It's a repeal which forces additional costs to those who can't afford them, otherwise they wouldn't be so mad about it, who are also known as brownies and leftist art student filth.
It's a hygiene tax, and the Internet is being finally cleaned of poor people and garbage.

Communists don't believe in wealth, which is why imposing restrictions on those without it is a grave danger to the interest of the Communist.
By incurring additional hygiene costs on the Internet, the Communist will be forced to drop out of their most effective propaganda platform.

>That's called being a leftist
This has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with economy and technology. Defending daddy in this instance is not the best course of action for anyone, and spreading misinformation and retarded Sup Forums memes lowers the quality of discussion into uselessness.
This is self-harm, defending this measure, no matter in which side of the spectrum you sit.

You still need to connect to the VPN server. That connection can be throttled or blocked regardless. If you're just over SSL they can still see what you're connecting to as well, just not what you're doing.

>It's a repeal which forces additional costs to those who can't afford them,
It doesn't, you should seriously stop discussing things you're completely clueless about, you pretentious, illiterate ball of failure.

>This has nothing to do with politics
It has everything to do with politics.
Leftists and brownies are poor garbage and they deserve to be kicked from the Internet in the most legal way possible: Incurring costs that anyone can afford unless they are a leftist or a brownie.

>It doesn't
It factually does. I know paying for packages is a big dent on your wallet, but that's only because you are a failure.
I won't be hearing from you again soon in any case garbage, since you won't be able to afford it anymore.

You're on Sup Forums man, you can't expect them to know much

Whatever the outcome of this new NN drama, I hope North Korea nukes the shit out of the US so we don't have to deal with your bullshit ever again.

>Letting Poo in Loos migrate to your country