Well be honest

Other urls found in this thread:

noscript.net/getit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If a program has bad/illogical defaults, it's doing something bad. Firefox 57 is defined by its awful defaults: regardless of its advancements in rendering, Mozilla continues to be behind the curve in user experience.

It's pretty good, I un installed Chrome when it came out.

This, I moved back over to Firefox on my laptop after having used Chromium for a couple years. I've stuck with FF on my desktop throughout, though.

You can't change the browser ui with addons on as deep a level as with previous versions.

same

stylesheets, however, remain unchanged

it's garbage. use esr

It broke NoScript and I am fucking pissed

on mobile there really is no other viable customizable browser besides Firefox unless...

Comfy desu.

Noticeably quicker than earlier versions, uses a bit less ram than chrome. Thats all about I have to say.

I had a plugin that hides the tab bar if there's only one tab. Can't have it now.

Honest question, why should I use firefox instead of opera?

It's a bit faster. It looks like absolute shit and I hate it. Broke a bunch of addons. I will stop using it, as soon as I find an acceptable alternative.

>It's a bit faster.
Yay! That's good right?
Yeah
>It looks like absolute shit and I hate it.
So fix it.
>Broke a bunch of addons.
Oh no you have to look for alternatives or wait until the devs catch up
How will you survive?

Broke none of mine because I only use 7 addons.

Absolute garbage

>Less ram than chrome
Wanna know how I know this is a shill thread

It's an overhyped shit.
t. former Firefox shill

I love it. It's finally stopped being a laggy, CPU spiking piece of shit.

Was on the verge of switching to ungoogled chromium for good but now I'm switching back to firefox. It seems pretty good.

Agreed. I'm using it now and I do enjoy it, but there are a few things that really drive me up the wall.

Yeah, faster is good. I can't fix the square tabs though. They're my main problem with this. Do you know how to make the tabs look like tabs again?

I dislike curves so no.

It's amazing. Best desktop browser right now.

This. I moved to ESR. Quantum may be faster, but it lost a lot of what made Firefox great.

it's awful

Been using it for months, since I have Nightly. I haven't lost any addon and it's nice and fast. Only problem I have is insane ram usage, but I don't know if it's only a Nightly thing.

I moved two machines to ESR and one to Palemoon.

I haven't updated firefox in a while (I'm on 49.0.2), but I might as well ask here:

Firefox pretty consisterntly starts to freeze up and eventually freezes for good before I have to kill the process or crashes when it hits about 2gb of ram usage even if my overall ram usage from all processes is still 3-4 gb under my total 8gb of memory. What's the deal with this?

I've been told it's just an issue FF has, do forks like palemoon have it as well? I'm really tired of it, since it happens pretty damn often and I often lose shit due to it. In fact, I was going to get 16gb of ram for my new desktop, but i'm considering upping to 32 just to further mitigate this if forks still have it.

it sucks, just like every major update since 3.5

Use uMatrix instead.

NoScript is already out for Quantum noscript.net/getit

it won't replace chromium as my primary but it has replaced pale meme as my secondary.

The built in dark theme and customization options are really nice, but performance is still inferior to chromium.

firefox is back

no it didn't

>faster
>the few addons I use updated
no problems here boss

need to get used to it will prob switch from chrome
the font changing in each website is a bit annoying

same here

move to ESR

fuck what do I use now that DTA no longer functions?

Is session manager fixed yet?

great alternative to chrome

Just wait until waterfox quantum comes out with FF quantum's speed AND legacy addon support

how can i make my firefox look that comfy?

I would use it, but FF drains a LOT more energy than Chrome. I honestly don't know why.

>avg pc with ~ linux distro
>slower than $200 chromebook
no matter what, OS optimization is the key, chrome os master race for the browser experience

fucking this, i had been using FF for awhile now and the update killed DTA, the built in DL manager sucks

Google make Chrome and Chrome book. They have to make Chrome work fast on low end computers.

FF users are pretty much only the tech savvy with a lots of HW, I know 0 normies using ff

chrome feels a little more slick but fuck google

I uninstalled it and went straight to qutebrowser.

Best browser I've used to date.

>Oh no you have to look for alternatives or wait until the devs catch up
Actually Tab Center has been broken for more than a month, but keep trivializing every complaint that goes against your toy.

My stylesheet was pretty simple, I did something to related to the bookmark bar which is still called #PersonalToolbar as far as I can see.
But now it won't show more than 1 bookmark.

it's fast, not fast as chrome, eats more ram %30 more. back to chrome.

faviconize tab alternatives?

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forwards. Out with the cruft, out with the cancer.

Dunno about this RAM thing. When I compare it agains opera in below 10 tab use cases then opera is always on top. Maybe FF uses less if you have 50 tabs, but that's rare for me.

html5 is slower than Chrome still so it's still useless.

It's shit, but at least it's better than everything else (except for old firefox)

seriously considered esr. updated to 57. works pretty much the same. not agreeing with the politics of the people who give me free beer software isn't really an issue.

It has to be treated as a beta for Firefox 59 ESR honestly. It's cool but there is still a bunch of things missing.

It's quite easy.
Check the archive for ricefox threads.

>html5 is slower than Chrome
a language is slower than a browser??

javascript controll is nicer

the RAM usage is fucking nuts
I like everything else about it though

I have to say, the way that Sup Forums shilled against Firefox 57 made me hesitant about updating. But once I did, I saw that it isn't even that bad. I just had to re-configure some of my settings (e.g. don't send anonymized reports) and change the interface a little (e.g. remove the search bar and other bloat), and it's great. maybe even better than before.

BTW if you use Firefox while constantly logged into your google account (e.g. on youtube, gmail), you might as well just use Chrome because you're already part of the botnet.

>chromebook
>chrome OS
wew lad

Still slower than Chromium on my piece of shit laptop

I'm waiting for the custom builds before giving it another go, because right now? It eats more RAM than Chrome and Waterfox and I can't feel an actual difference in speed. The only thing different is that instead of showing up the pages while they're loading, with FF57 I get a white screen until they're completely loaded (it takes the exact same time in both situations).

I've been using firefox almost since it came out and 57 is shittier than ever
>STORY SO FAR

>Earlier iterations were superior to inernet explorer, so much stuff going on, crazy!

>Then with whatever update came redesigned UI personas, rounded corners and all that shit. It was bearable but i fucking hate curves.

>Then they made it look and act like chrome, no apply buttons in menu, etc, and rounded corners cannot be disable anymore (I FUCKING HATE HATE HATE curves and opacity, they slow down my old machines)

>Then pocket/sync/hello shit appeared. Lack of development focus is palpable. More crashes.

>SJW shit, politically correct memes, agenda, and all that rebranding business, obvios that they have nothing else gong on for them

>57. RIP addons. Some of the addons are not possible anymore, due to api restrictions. My favourite addon, FireGestures for example.

I'm back at 52 for the time being, will simply disable updating I think. Only vurnerability is java, and with noscript/etc you do not need updates unless they roll out some new type of obligatory web format, and that;s not happening in 5 years.

Firefox 57 is the greatest browser ever created. Haven't stopped smiling since I got it on November 14.

Only downside is no DTA, but the creator said he'll have the WebExtensions version ready by December.

>not using seamonkey master race

So everyone is saying "lol just wait for your addons to be ported". And then everyone else is saying "but they can't lol".

Are there addons that are physically impossible to port to the webextensions API? And for those addons, can they be made possible in the future by extending the API, or are there addons which will simply never be possible anymore?

>installing a day zero

>Are there addons that are physically impossible to port to the webextensions API?
ClassicThemeRestorer.
There's a replacement made by the same guy called "CustomCSSforFx" but it's kinda trickier to set up and it's not as customizable as CTR because it can't, supposedly.

And for stuff like this, can the webextensions api simply be extended in the future, or are there things that will simply never be modifiable again?

use Tab Session Manager in the meantime, it's not as good but it's usable

>remove top tabs via css
>install tree style tabs
>it's just like before except better

I had to install violentmonkey to get 4chinsX to work again and they moved the refresh button out of the address bar again like it was a couple years ago.

As soon as I get used to it back on the left where I used to have it, they'll change it again, huh?

looks like shit… white buttons on dark background you must be a retard to find this comfy

if you are on linux you can do something like

env GTK_THEME=Adwaita:dark firefox %u

It's nice.

Might just be the nightly release, I had that issue on one of the recent updates but it seemed to get fixed the next day.

what addon do yall use for hover zooming images?
it broke the old one i used

I like it, but it devours battery life.

How come FF eats RAM like a whore now?
Literally everything was 300-400MB yesterday.
Now it's 1400-2100MB.

Any fix for this? Or a specific version that doesn't spike the memory up?

It's the Ryzen of browsers, I already changed my ecosystem to firefox

No chinese botnet

nice try soros.

after some ricing it's pretty good t b h

Its shit
After 5 years im switching to ungoogled chromium

I'll be honest indeed.

I used Firefox up until maybe 2010 or so. I switched to Opera because it was fucking great at the time. Opera 12 was crashing a lot though so I was forced to go back, but I seriously could not stand it. So I caved in and used Chrome for many years. Tried to switch to other browsers but would always go back. Also the slow browsing and scrolling, shit performance, Firefox not being as good with youtube which is one of the main websites I visit, the shitty font rendering, the retarded interface changes... there was no way for me to return to it. Hell recently with this fucking stupid political crap it didn't help either.

But I tried quantum. Tired of Chrome, of how I would always have the same old interface where I always have a little bit of trouble reading the shit on top of tabs and the lack of a decent dark theme, I just said fuck it, let's try this garbage.

First impression was shit. Scrolling was smoother, but slower somehow and the interface looked a bit dumb, though fitting for W10. But then I noticed: font rendering was definitely better than on Chrome, Chromium, Brave, Chropera, Vivaldi, Edge, fucking hell it's like nobody got this right but this new version of Firefox. I always dislike Windows when it comes to font rendering, I think it's the worst out of all options. But this is sharp, properly anti-aliased text with no blurry small characters.

And then instead of having to cope with the other issues, I found that I could really customize this browser and make everything compact and make the tabs much better to the eyes as well. A fucking one liner, just like when I used classic Opera. What the shit.

And it turned out that all I had to do to fix the smooth scrolling was to just halve the values on the options. How many fucking browsers have this shit without a fucking extension?

I don't care it's George Soros behind this shit. I will still use it until the fucker funds a group that starts censoring me personally. Screw Chrome.

good luck lagging behind

I take this back, just made it work.

>Yeah, faster is good. I can't fix the square tabs though. They're my main problem with this. Do you know how to make the tabs look like tabs again?
userChrome.css

we need a website with userchrome ricing

The square tabs look like what I had few years ago when I was ricing my desktop and didn't know how to get rounded tabs.

NoScript works in the new Firefox now, but the new UI is so shit. I just uninstalled NoScript and started using uMatrix, which is much more usable than the shitty NoScript UI