I didnt understand why people hype apple products and googled why people buy mac and all top links are ''This is why...

I didnt understand why people hype apple products and googled why people buy mac and all top links are ''This is why mac is superior to pc/Why you should buy a mac instead of a pc''

So why is Mac superior to PC?

It's really not, and neither is Windows superior to Mac

t. mactoddler

Because it runs MacOS, which is fucking fantastic. And if you don't like it you can still install Windows or Linux on a Mac.
But people usually buy Apple stuff because of brand loyalty or wanting to fit in, or some bullshit reason like "it looks nice".
In terms of hardware they're decent, just not worth the premium price.

Non-mac laptops are unequivocally trash. There's always some autism you have to work around - shit screen, shit touchpad, shit keyboard, shit chassie, etc. If you want a dev environment that just works without a ton of bullshit fiddling, nothing even comes close to a Mac - WSL is a good first step but it has plenty of issues, and I have yet to hear of a Linux laptop that doesn't have some combination of compatibility/driver issues, hardware issues or just shit build quality

Yeah, you might technically get better $:specs ratio but I've never had a non-mac laptop whose performance didn't degrade significantly after the first couple years, and I only bought my first Mac a year ago.

because macs have superior build quality and a saner OS than windows
for normies they are just better, more secure facebook machines

if you are not retarded just buy an used thinkpad and install linux on it, you'll be fine

PC desktops with Windows 10 are way better especially with a discrete GPU from Nvidia or AMD. Although for laptops MacBooks are by far the best. Your software won't get bloated and shitty and you can use it for 3-4years no problems. Windows laptops degrade over time and just feel clunky compared to the build quality a Macbook Pro provides. Don't get me wrong windows is awesome especially on desktops, but Macs are just so much better laptops.

Macs are a kind of PC so I don't know how they'd be superior to themselves

It isn't, they sell overpriced hardware with an underpowered OS that looks nice and it's idiotproof. Basically they sell the experience, and if you don't like it you can transform that laptop into a PC installing Linux or Windows.
Well, actually a Mac has always been a PC, but marketing idiots keep shilling the "we're different" shit.

The software is very well-optimized for the hardware, it never slows down or fucks up.

If you're not a gamer, the quality of macs makes them highly attractive options.

It just werks hyuk hyuk hyuk

Yeah, and in that optimization they dumbs down the software, is almost a embebed machine.

You clearly never used macOS extensively. macOS is known to be very user friendly for regular users as well as very good for power users.

"underpowered OS"
What do you mean? It's much more powerful than windows and comparable with linux.

Can you elaborate on how it's "dumbed down"? It sounds like you've never used it before.

>you can install linux on a mac
good fucking luck.
No Linux distro works on a macbook

JustWorks™ just doesn't let you choose anything that doesn't come with macOS.
¿Want a decent window manager or a non-retarded layout? Good fucking luck, you're stuck with what Apple gives you. Even Wangblows is a little less retarded in that way, but they fuck you in the eye with telemetry.

It's simple things that you shouldn't think about that apple gets right

>shut laptop
>macbook goes to sleep
>HP sometimes sleeps, sometimes runs down its battery with the fans whirring

>wake up from sleep
>macbook continues to work
>win10 desktop doesn't connect to the internet, requires restart. Microsoft is aware of the bug and that's their solution

safari > edge

and a unix style command line is the part that really steals it for me

Hackintosh

>So why is Mac superior to PC?
its not

>Unix style command line
Even windows has bash dumbass. The other 2 things you said sound like made up nonsense.

Polish, design and brand image.
All of the big desktop operating systems, phone operating systems, server operating systems, you name it, they're all the same in practical terms. They might have their idiosyncrasies and a few niche pieces of software among them, but they're all turing-complete systems supporting compilers for just about every language known to man that won't give a shit what they're running on as long as you supply them with what they need. They all do the same fucking shit in the end.

It all comes down to how you personally prefer to do the same fucking shit as everything else, what idiosyncrasies you feel most comfortable with and how you'd like it to look.

is that CIA on the right

using laptops without apple logo at any public company where the appearance matters? you don't expect an CEO using Acer laptop at the meeting do you?

>No Linux distro works on a macbook
what? all distros work on it, you just have to install Broadcom drivers.

>You must be 18 years or older to access this website

Does it glow in the dark?

>they’re all Turing complete systems...
Brainfuck is Turing complete, but that doesn’t mean I’d use it as an OS