Watercooling

Just updating my blog hope you don't mind.
So i made this watercooling system last summer about 5 months ago, made a thread on Sup Forums back then, maybe some of you remember it, since then ive been using it daily with plain old ordinary water and it has had zero problems so far, the only a bit annoying thing is that since the reservoir is open the water evaporates fast and ive gotta fill it twice a month. The system keeps the cpu around 10c cooler than a tower cooler and since i don't have an overclockable processor it is totally useless, a waste of time and money but atleast it works.
If there's anything you want to know regarding the system i'll answer you.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i7_microprocessors
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are the fans blowing directly into a solid metal plate?
also if you're putting tapwater in and its evaporating you'll get limestone in the pipes and shiet

did u custom make those WCing blocks urself or something?

how much did it cost?

is that an empty icecream container for a resevoir?

Why don't you close off the reservoir? You've gone through all that shit to get a very janky lookign DIY loop, but you can't be arsed to close off the reservoir?

i spent hours upon hours researching and buying/setting up a watercooling loop in a mini-itx build. But that picture.. i cant even imagine how not worth it that was.

Hahahahahahhaha. Car radiator hoses in a fucking PC tower.

Never change Sup Forums, never change.

i wonder if this is better for cooling than the PC components suspended from the roof

Are you using actual water for this?

If it's keeping it cool, then to hell with it.

I am actually going to personally try something that I honestly don't know if anyone has done it before? I got the idea, about 15 years ago.. And since I am building a house, I can finally do it myself.

I am going to run a 100 foot loop, about 10 feet under ground, and I am going to build a geothermal cooling system for my pc. It sounds dumb, I know. But, the ground temp is cooler than the air temp ( by about 15 degrees ), so my computer will be able to be cooler than any regular watercooled PC ( minus the people to mess around with refrigeration ). Plus, the excess heat will be put into the ground instead of the air. Not only that, water cooled systems still have fans on the radiator, so there won't be any fans to make noise either.

I know, it's a lot of work for what will probably be a small payoff, but, whatever. It's something different.

Pic not related. It's a watercooled i7 I built 9 years ago, that I still use daily. 9 years, stable @ 4.0ghz.

i7 did not exist 9 years ago.

i retract my statement holy shit time has flown.

>i7 did not exist 9 years ago.
2008 was 9 years ago.

Sorry fuckstick. November 2008.. Was when again?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i7_microprocessors

So, this is from March of 09, about 3 months after I put the whole thing together in it's " first run " just before I put watercooling in. So, yeah.. The better part of 9 years.

>genuine mistake
>RRREEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK YOU GOY REEREEEEREEEEREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ok, edgelord autismo.

ugh. And to think my gf at the time paid $600 a pop for those cards.. lmao

I do believe it is time to upgrade your graphics, user.

It has a GTX980 in it now. I have since upgraded the OLD AF OCZ ssd that is in it to a Samsung 840 PRO. This old bird is running out of upgradeability at this point. Trying to decide between an 8700K or a 1900X ATM.

Unless you're playing games at 4k it should be able to handle most everything modern, yeah? Haven't done much gaming in the past few years.

Oh, it tears up, literally anything I throw at it. I honestly don't do MUCH gaming now. If I do, it's at 1080p. It has 24gb ( has since a year after I built it.. started with 12 ) of ram. So, even for being old AF, it's still a pretty respectable machine. The only real hardware failures I have had, was a set of ram went bad. Corsair sent me a new 3 piece set out, VERY quickly, and I had a water pump crap out ( about a year ago now ).

>the water evaporates fast
Nigga I hope that's fucking water because if it's ethylene glycol you have kidney damage now

talk shit get hit

Switch to a mineral oil system.

Ethylene glycol isn't that bad.

lol did u really feel that attacked? ppl simply stated it was 9 years ago u idiot. this post is the post which has been most critical of your "genuine mistake", which is more like a stupid mistake. could u rly not be bothered to google it or something if u rly didnt know when it was manufactured, which u clearly didnt?

ur the stupidest person in this thread by far

Yea senpai, the piece of copper was like 20e but i only used like 3e worth of copper.

Have laptop mb in custom case on TV in living room for mediashit. Gets loud when streaming HD. Considering water cooling. Chink parts ordered. Worth it just to reduce noise?