What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/76333-i7-2600k-vs-i7-8700k-upgrading-worthwhile-14.html
gamersnexus.net/guides/3130-best-cpus-of-2017-round-up-gaming-blender-premiere
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

covfefe lake itself is good, it's a very fast chip.

The problem is intel trying to cheap out in the thermals with their toothpaste TIM and having a monolithic design which reduces their yields fucking up their supply.

But the architecture itself is good, don't blame the engineers on this one.

AMD had nothing to lose and decided to think outside of the box and now is hotgluing chips together and it surprisingly works great.

what went wrong is that they decided to go jew by increasing prices, not raising CPU core count, and changing socket sizes to force customers to buy more motherboards for every upgrade

>not raising CPU count
coffee lake is literally kabylake with 2 cores glued in you dumbo

Intel having no stock for holiday season and being so close to Pinnacle Ridge.

Good chip nonetheless, if Intel could predict a few things and gotten stock up they would have launched it around May to completely shut down Ryzen.

Now it's too late, people who upgraded won't even look at CoffeeLake, and it's not really all that interesting to Intel system from a few years back.

Tick-tock-tock
Sure, I understand it's getting increasingly harder to downsize the transistors, but damn, don't just keep pumping out crap!

I've literally seen thousaands of people crying how they wasted money on a 1600 when 8700k is so much better, plenty of them bought a 8700k as well

Seems to me like these people saved money.
Isnt the 8700k almost twice as expensive?

dumb nigger, when I said that I meant intel made 4 core cpu back in early 2010s and refused to raise it to 8 until Ryzen came around to put a fire under their asses

Interesting, people are crying how their CPU with a $90 motherboard is weaker than a 8700k that's close to 3x the price after taking everything into account.

Interesting.

At least try to troll properly.

Yes. Also twice as good.

+AIO
+non-shit VRM motherboard
+delid job

>twice

Think again.

Only correct answer.

The chip it's self is not only good, it is fucking great. One of the best chips to come out from Intel since sandy bridge. We have AMD to thank for this chip, primarily because AMD are brainlets who think everything revolves around MOAR CORES. I wish those morons learned from bulldozer.

Intel stepped their game up, and went ahead and upped the core count which they haven't done for a (Cheap) consumer chip in 10 years.

Intel is running out of numbers.
They are cramming kaby-r, coffee lake, and cannon lake into their "8th generation" because they don't want change their naming scheme once they reach the inevitable Ix-10xxx barrier of names

What the fuck are you talking about you retard.

>What the fuck are you talking about you retard.

>One of the best chips to come out from Intel since sandy bridge.

I've been living under a rock about Coffee Lake information. What's so spectacular about this lineup?

Yes, that's what I asked, are you also deaf on top of retarded?

nothing its just a pimp my 3 year old generation

Nothing, brainlets apparently never heard of Haswell-DT and other Intel platforms with more than 4 cores in the last 6 years which were all better investments than this mainstream crap.

Cores/clock speed alone cannot mean everything!. Say you play older games which are single core bound. Your nice shiny new "monster" cpu with it's insane core count/high clock speed can't process the game data effectively thereby causing jerky play, fps drops, and generally a poor experience. Nothing you do helps (Patches/game tweaks). Congrats! You just wasted your money. This is what happened to AMD and the FX CPU. Replace FX with Phenom II x4 and omg, all games ran perfectly (same hardware). I know this because it happened to me. Thankfully I used the FX chip in another build. Sometimes you have to look at everything and go "hmm, if I do this what will happen" or "is the trade off worth it"

>1,5% IPC improvements over previous generation

People finding Ryzen 1600 for under $160
That's the problem.

Still 5% better than AMD's

Is your brain leaking?
You okay?

>Is your brain leaking?
No
>You okay?
yes

Doesn't look like it.

Thanks. I assumed there was only small changes made compared to Kaby Lake, apart from the extra cores.

+20% frequency at stock, +33% L3 cache, 1/3 less TDP

Are you saying Intel doesn't have an IPC advantage over AMD? No need to call me names, learn how to express your thoughts more clearly.

>covfefe lake is a great CPU

Oh, so the issue is that you can't read.

How is 1.5% IPC improvement per gen better than even the IPC improvement of the Bulldozer family? Much less Zen

>All these AMD cucks
>4.7ghz boost from the factory on my 8700k
>oc'd TO 5GZ without a hassle and stable

baby fucking flies

Until it starts stuttering or melting the socket, I guess.

>Super high res
Not trolling, just genuinely interested, are those benches cherry picked to bottle neck the gpu? What would 1080p look like.?

Noo.. we need to test on 800x600

First of all, let's make it clear that there are actually 0, not 1.5% improvements in IPC over Sky/Kaby/Coffee lake. Secondly, zero IPC per gen is still better if said IPC is still considerably higher than competition's.

Temps are great, i hit 75c at max load in the summer heat. Have not seen the CPU struggle once, it rips everything apart. It's like a hot knife through butter. I upgraded from a 3770k and i notice HUGE improvements.

Summer heat in November? q

I said 1080p u cock gobler... You know, the most popular PC gaming res

Well not summer yet, but heat is up to 30-36c+

Must feel like that with a overclocked furnace lake in the machine, probably has a overclocked flamethrower GPU as well.

they just didn't want to release 3 different generations in a single year

>most popular PC gaming res

For people buying 1080tis and Vegas and $400 CPUs?
Literally poorfag resolution from 2006

>deaf

Kek, you can now get 1440p IPS monitors for under $300 and people still use fucking 1080p.

What the fuck, are we still gonna use this cancer resolution when 8k hits?
Normalfags are literally the cancer of hardware development

amd fags jelly of 5ghz?

dont underestimate how dumb people can be, my friend bought a 1080ti to play on a 60hz 1080p. monitor. Wish I was joking. At least he sold me his 1060 6gb for 125bucks.

>1.47V
Nice silicon.

Not really. There's little appreciable difference between 4GHz and 5GHz.

>There's little appreciable difference between 4GHz and 5GHz.

This what AMD cucks believe?

I don't actually have any Ryzen stuff since I value overclocking. I'll consider Zen 2.

Have you even bothered to read my OP you huge faggot? You are arguing against a point ive never made.

Stop being his friend.

He'll probably come crying here in a few months when he can't even boot at 4.7GHz from the degradation

That's VID not VCore, when will you AMD cucks learn /technology/?

When you can begin explaining what pipes are used for fp division, boolean logic, shift, permute and conversion.

Also you could give a shot at trying to explain what instructions are "zero latency" on modern x86 and what instructions that are also no latency fit into a single uop(in reference to to the stack engine) also what makes a XMM or YMM register and the throughput of free branches per clock cycle

Go.

You've already proved yourself to be a moron, typing all these shenanigans wont save your face.

Squeal, brainlet.

see
Brainlet
r
a
i
n
l
e
t

>He thinks it's much better at 1080
Look at the minimum 1% not the maxes.

hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/76333-i7-2600k-vs-i7-8700k-upgrading-worthwhile-14.html

I didn't think anything, I wasn't asking a genuine question

Flawed testing, not at proper resolution, 1080p is still bottlenecked.

Was*

Lemme pull out my 1999 monitor(gonna need an adapter or two) to test $1100 worth of CPU and GPU from 2017

Everyone is worried about air temps.. Does no one have a geothermal cooling system for their computer? Ground is 13c, year round. Works great for me.

Missing the point... retard

Absolutely nothing wrong with Coffee Lake.
Princing/Performance is competitive with Ryzen now.

What's the point? How far is it possible to turn a game into a synthetic benchmark that tells nothing of the performance? That's the point?

>The point is to wave my epeen even if it's an unrealistic scenario
sure bud

>for now
gamersnexus.net/guides/3130-best-cpus-of-2017-round-up-gaming-blender-premiere

Can't expect AMD brainlets to understand the reason.

what does that represent? if stock/value I don't fucking care.

AMD getting trashed like the pile of shit it is.
Cannonlake in 2 months and Icelake in summer 2018 will bury AMD

marketshare so its unimportant

>delusional

When did AMD start producing smartphone TDP SoCs to care about Cannonlake? Why would they even care about another 'architecture update' like Skylake that won't be coming out until 2019 as well? Their roadmap looks far more impressive.

>mfw I'm in a room full of intel board members
>mfw I casually utter out '10nm node'
>mfw I see grown men cry, and they shower me in money hoping that I won't tell their share owners

Ryzen has many cores because it's hard to match icp and clockspeed of a bigger competitor with little money and with the first iteration of your architecture on a worse process node that is not build for extreme high clock speeds but for efficiency in the medium clocl speed rate. By making their design scalable they could basically use the same design for every segment like desktop(low to highend), workstation, servers and now laptops. Only thing that's problematic is desktop area where we expect higher frequencies that just aren't going to happen on the process used at Global Foundries. So basically to be competitive in the desktop market they had no choice but to offer more cores. That's why it is rumored that ryzen+ will use a custom 12nm process to boost clockspeed by 10% only for the desktop market.

Yeah like I care what other peope buy. They need to go back to their iBones.

Cannon Lake will be slower than Kaby Lake for at least 1 refresh (probably 2). Ice Lake will just be the first refresh. Intel already stated they are having issues with 10nm and it will be slower initially.

>30-40% is now 2x
You heard it here.

Remember: Win 7 support on new CPUs is dead! So buy whatever current highest clocked/high core cpu that will work now if you want to keep running Win 7/Server 08r2 for Several more years. Do it! Before those cpu's price skyrocket! Hoard moar ram while your at it.

>Win
Lmaao

> Windows server
ayy lmaoooo

Give him a break, maybe he's some cuck locked into MS ecosystem.

You realize that 10nm and 10nm+ will both be a performance regression from 14nm++ right?

wow. a post by a weeb that wasn't complete garbage.

I think anymore tech has hit a wall. Unless your into gaming with the latest titles, you really don't got a reason to upgrade your mobo/ram/or cpu. After all, how much ram do you need, how many cores do you need, or how advanced a motherboard do you need if all you do is surf internet,check your e-mail, or do office work, aka non gaming tasks? About the only thing most people will need to expand on is hdd storage though cause over time your collection of "whatever" will only grow. Case in point, I'm still doing just fine with a Phenom II in my main desktop system. I play games although they're only older titles, I do the occasional video encode/photo edit job and it (cpu/ram/etc) just works fine. My laptop I use only for basic stuff is from 2007 and has just 2GB ram. The most advanced (from a h/w point) is my server with it's FX cpu and hdds.